• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hey guys!!

Here is my Interview experience:

I woke up early in the morning. Got prepared. Dressed sharp... very formal. Thought that it would be heavy traffice but was very smooth. I reached at the USCIS 2 hrs early. Waited for an hour at the parking lot. Then at 8, I went inside. Got airport type checking. Let them know that I was too early but the guard said that it's fine. I went to the waiting room. One of the officers came and collected everyone's appointment letter. (for those who got the appointment letter on white plain paper, I have the same and everyone over there have on the white plain paper). I was surprised that the first call was me. The IO was the same lady. She took me to her office. Then I stood facing her, lift my right hand and swore. Then I was asked to put my passport, state ID and i94 on the desk and have sit. I did that. I thanked her for letting me early and she smiled and said "I like to get things done earlier..". I was surprised that she did't ask any other documents. She had my documents ready in a file and started asking few questions. My full name, address, father's name, mother's name, ssn, etc. During that she was putting check mark on my forms. Asked questions from page 3. I answered them saying "NO" and "Never". She asked me were do u study and looked at my i20. I told about my school and what I am studying. Then she said, your number is low and we have visa available. She took my i94 and congratulated me and said, "As from today, April 7th you are a permanent residency of the United States... Congratulations!!" I thanked her with a big smile. Then she walked me to the exit door and again said "Congratulations". I greeted "Thank your and Have a nice day".

The entire interview didn't even take more than 5 minutes. The IO didn't even ask anything mentioned on the interview letter. The only concern I had was my sponsor's letter which I didn't have. Instead I had my employement letter from the School where I work and my scholarship letter prepared just in case. But the IO was very sweet and cheerful. The interview went very well. Thank you everybody for your well wishes and prayers. It was a great help from this forum. I am sure you all will get it done. I will keep posting. In this journey we all have become good friends. :)

One more great interview!!!! My congratulations!!!!!!!! I'm so glad for you!!! Remember this date))) it's gonna be on you permanent resident card))) All you need now just wait for your welcome notice and your GC! Good luck!!!

Congratulations antar45
This was very easy interview
Have a good luck in your new status
Hope that we get a nice interview tomorrow after one year of waiting.
i will post my experience as soon as possible to all of you wish me luck

Hi houselight75,

Good luck for tomorrow!!!! I wish you the same interview as antar45 had today!!!! Keep my fingers crossed for you!!!!

Hi new one,

I don't have any interview letter yet.
I know that my file was requested by my field office though...

Hi capeolive,
I was wondering if you got your interview letter???
I don't see you updated your signature, and I can not remember if you posted that earlier......

Congratulations. Enjoy your new status. I have interview tomorrow. I hope It goes smooth as your interview.

Hey guys!!

Here is my Interview experience:

I woke up early in the morning. Got prepared. Dressed sharp... very formal. Thouber is low and we have visa availa....

Hi Norkira,

I think it is real and you'll make a first this year by getting your cards without interview.

USCIS indeed sometimes do work in mysterious ways...

Good luck tomorrow Houselight75 and eworka.

I got another similar update to yesterdays, my husband's card production was ordered today. Again, no interview or nothing...let's hope all this is real :)

I got another similar update to yesterdays, my husband's card production was ordered today. Again, no interview or nothing...let's hope all this is real :)

Wow, that'll be so cool if you guys get the cards without an interview! Crossing fingers for you!

Hi ewokra,

I hope you get a good IO and a pleasant experience tomorrow.
You as well have my best wishes for tomorrow's interview...

I would like to send a public thanks to capeolive. He provided me with the phone number for the Texas Service Center where my employment-based AOS is being processed.

I called yesterday and a very professional man answered the phone. He checked my case and confirmed that my files have been requested by my local office and that they still were in Texas. He seemed concerned, as it is a DV case, and he said that he would take care of it. I just received text messages informing me that my files have been sent to Philadelphia! I know that I still am not out of the woods but it is a great day for me!

Thanks to everyone for being there

Hi i2009,

It is a great day indeed. I am very happy that I was able to help.
I'll be much happier when I get the news about your getting the card.

You are much closer to your card now...

I would like to send a public thanks to capeolive. He provided me with the phone number for the Texas Service Center where my employment-based AOS is being processed.

I called yesterday and a very professional man answered the phone. He checked my case and confirmed that my files have been requested by my local office and that they still were in Texas. He seemed concerned, as it is a DV case, and he said that he would take care of it. I just received text messages informing me that my files have been sent to Philadelphia! I know that I still am not out of the woods but it is a great day for me!

Hi Nepal2010,
They asked me to bring passport, i94, dv notification letter, dv fee payment recipt, proof that you are in status (i20), that's it.
I took everything... even my old i20s from different schools I have been to.
They did not asked me for i134 and I was trying to get it though.
But I did not find anyone to get me sponsored.
So I just went there without i134.
But for the back up I had my employment letter from my university.
I work as a tutor and the department officer was happy to provide me an employment letter.
But the fact is, in my interview, I didn't even have to open my folder.
The IO did not asked anything except my Driver's licence, passport and I94.
I also took tax return forms but din't have to show anything.
Only because she had all my documents that I sent with my i485.
I guess she was well prepared.
hey antar45,
what r the things they ask you to bring in da interview? N what do u take? Did they ask for the i134, tax returns n things lyk dat. Congrats again!!!

Hi Nepal2010,
They asked me to bring passport, i94, dv notification letter, dv fee payment recipt, proof that you are in status (i20), that's it.
I took everything... even my old i20s from different schools I have been to.
They did not asked me for i134 and I was trying to get it though.
But I did not find anyone to get me sponsored.
So I just went there without i134.
But for the back up I had my employment letter from my university.
I work as a tutor and the department officer was happy to provide me an employment letter.
But the fact is, in my interview, I didn't even have to open my folder.
The IO did not asked anything except my Driver's licence, passport and I94.
I also took tax return forms but din't have to show anything.
Only because she had all my documents that I sent with my i485.
I guess she was well prepared.

Does that mean your passport has been stamped? Did you get a welcome letter and or did they take your I-94? If so Congrats:)

Wooooow sounds greaaaat!!!
Hope it's real!!! We'll wait and see :D

That's wonderful news i2009, and you know now that something is going on. You will be soon on the end of this journey as a winner.
We should all send thanks to capeolive, he helped us a lot. And he always replays to all us posts.
I'm really grateful to you capeolive that you helped me about my application, and also to all of you that helped and are giving me a big support :D:D:D

Hi new one (you are not that new any more though),

Since we are on the same ship together it is just the right thing to help each other.
It makes me so happy if I can be any help to any of you guys.
I joined the forum only after I sent my application which was in February.
I had been reading all the posts since the forum was formed though.
i2009 has been one of the most active members of this forum.
It can only honor me to be able to help him to get his card earlier.
He has deserved his card long ago...

That's wonderful news i2009, and you know now that something is going on. You will be soon on the end of this journey as a winner.
We should all send thanks to capeolive, he helped us a lot. And he always replays to all us posts.
I'm really grateful to you capeolive that you helped me about my application, and also to all of you that helped and are giving me a big support :D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

That's great surprise!!! I wish you to get your GCs without interview!!!! Good luck!!! Keep us posted, we all with you!!!!