• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I'm very happy for you guys whose interviews are over, I was just a little bit worried about my case yesterday, but today I decided to be more patient (?!). I keep checking my mailbox and worried that my interviw letter might get lost. I know it's paranoid but pray for me guys.

Hi Jasmine182,
I can imagine how's the filing.....but don't worry we are on the same.
I'll join you soon, after my interview and probably I'll wait postman in front of the doors :D:D:D
That is a normal, this is big change in our life so......
Don't worry you'll get it soon :D

i saw my turkish friend. he had succesful interview too. but it was more crowded than i expect. and i didn't see houselight75. but everybody was happy in that field.:D:D

Hi eworka,
congratulations!!!
That is sooooo great. Glad to hear that everything went so smooth.
With every new successful interview I'm getting bigger hope that we'll all have our green cards very soon :D:D:D

Hi ewokra,

Congratulations on your successful interview.
I hope your card follows soon after
and helps you in your life here in the States...

Hi all. I just had my interview. It was so smooth. She called my name 10 min earlier than appointment time. We went to her desk. She said raise your hand take the oath. Then she started to ask regular questions. is this your name and address and yes no questions. then she said i am ordering your card and it is going to be in your mail box in 10 days and make sure your name is on the mail box. she only looked at my I-94 and passport. she didn't ask or checked any other thing. like I-20 or diploma or sponsor. just passport and i-94 that was it. everything took 10 min. then she said take a seat in the waiting room your name will be called again and someone is going to give you a letter. i got the letter. it is written

"The application for adjustment of status to that of permanent resident filed by the above named person has been GRANTED"

My online status is still on acceptance. but i am not worried about it. because i got the letter.

and that is it. i think my Green Card journey is over. I am going to write an experience thread in a few days to help other people like us. my case was a little bit different. Because first i chose to go with CP then i changed it to AOS. I just wanna share my experience. Thanks for everyone who is helping other people by answering their questions. This forum really helped me a lot. Thanks again.
Good luck to rest of us who is still in the process.

Hi jasmine182,

Night is the darkest just before the daybreak.
Waiting is tough indeed but we are all waiting together.
We have been hearing a lot of good news lately.
Hopefully soon we will here good news from one another.
Hang in there, little more patience. The daybreak is near...

I'm very happy for you guys whose interviews are over, I was just a little bit worried about my case yesterday, but today I decided to be more patient (?!). I keep checking my mailbox and worried that my interviw letter might get lost. I know it's paranoid but pray for me guys.

Hi Ewokra
I have the same officer and the same exepierince it was very easy interview and eveything was fine i will expaline everything to all of you guys tonight
Thank you so much for your help

One more step forward i got my NOA today. Now again waiting for the biometrics appointment. This journey is driving me krazzy!!!

Hi all. I just had my interview. It was so smooth. She called my name 10 min earlier than appointment time. We went to her desk. She said raise your hand take the oath. Then she started to ask regular questions. is this your name and address and yes no questions. then she said i am ordering your card and it is going to be in your mail box in 10 days and make sure your name is on the mail box. she only looked at my I-94 and passport. she didn't ask or checked any other thing. like I-20 or diploma or sponsor. just passport and i-94 that was it. everything took 10 min. then she said take a seat in the waiting room your name will be called again and someone is going to give you a letter. i got the letter. it is written

"The application for adjustment of status to that of permanent resident filed by the above named person has been GRANTED"

My online status is still on acceptance. but i am not worried about it. because i got the letter.

and that is it. i think my Green Card journey is over. I am going to write an experience thread in a few days to help other people like us. my case was a little bit different. Because first i chose to go with CP then i changed it to AOS. I just wanna share my experience. Thanks for everyone who is helping other people by answering their questions. This forum really helped me a lot. Thanks again.

My congratulations!!! That's great news!!!!! You even got the letter from them!!!! They work fast!!! From today you are Permanet Resident of the USA!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Happy for you!!! All you need now is to get your GC!!!

congratulations. yes she really was very nice. everything was so easy. we will get the gc very soon. enjoy your new status.

Hi my friends my interview experience exactly like ewokra because we have the same officer. It was so smooth. She called our names at 10:05 am we reach the office 5 minutes late because of the traffic . she was very nice and said it’s ok we are felixabile. . We went to her desk. She said raise your hands take the oath. Then she started to ask regular questions. is this your name and address and yes no questions. She did the same procedure with me and my wife then she said i am ordering your card and it is going to be in your mail box in 10 . She only took our I-94s and passport and she checked our birth certificates and marriage certificate. she didn't ask or checked any other thing like I-20 or diploma or sponsor.. then she said take a seat in the waiting room your names will be called again and someone is going to give you a letter. We got the letter. it is written

Thanks for everyone who is helping other people by answering their questions. This forum really helped me a lot. Thanks again.
One piece of advice for everyone who’s waiting for interview. Form my experience the interview is just a routine procedure no more no less so everyone relax and everything will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

Good news !!! Received our interview appt. letter today. Interview scheduled on 04/28/10. Letter came on the regular white paper. Thanks to this forum I know it is normal not to get one on a proper letter head. We have been asked to bring this letter along with proof of DV receipt and proof of legal entry. Will now start getting all our papers together ready for the interview. Any suggestions on important documents to be carried would be helpful.

Congratulations ewokra and houselight75,

Yes both your interviews were simply great. Thanks houselight75 for reminding those of us waiting for our interviews to simply relax. It feels so good to see everyone on this forum sailing smoothly thru their interviews.

All the best to you both and everyone else waiting for GC's

Hi my friends my interview experience exactly like ewokra because we have the same officer. It was so smooth. She called our names at 10:05 am we reach the office 5 minutes late because of the traffic . she was very nice and said it’s ok we are felixabile. . We went to her desk. She said raise your hands take the oath. Then she started to ask regular questions. is this your name and address and yes no questions. She did the same procedure with me and my wife then she said i am ordering your card and it is going to be in your mail box in 10 . She only took our I-94s and passport and she checked our birth certificates and marriage certificate. she didn't ask or checked any other thing like I-20 or diploma or sponsor.. then she said take a seat in the waiting room your names will be called again and someone is going to give you a letter. We got the letter. it is written

Thanks for everyone who is helping other people by answering their questions. This forum really helped me a lot. Thanks again.
One piece of advice for everyone who’s waiting for interview. Form my experience the interview is just a routine procedure no more no less so everyone relax and everything will be fine.

Thanks houselight75,
after all wonderful news I'm ready for my interview.
Good luck.......and enjoy and celebrate your success!

Hi my friends my interview experience exactly like ewokra because we have the same officer. It was so smooth. She called our names at 10:05 am we reach the office 5 minutes late because of the traffic .

Congrats houselights 75, so glad everything went smoothly. I hope you get the green card in no time.