• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Norkira,
that's really great. And you never know with them.
I remember some applicant didn't get interview appointment by mail.
They just called him on the phone. So you never know what can happen.
Good luck, I hope you'll be first one with card without interview :D

I don't know new one. It's a little too good to be true. It definitely would be AWESOME, but I don't wanna get too excited just yet. I'm giving it couple of days first ;)
Thanks again for the well wishes. Best of luck to you, too :)

Thanks Norkira and capeolive. Your replies helped clarify things. I am gonna wait until I get my appointment letter and check what they ask me to bring for the interview. Take it from there.

Thanks once again. And Norkira congrats on the good news!

Thanks Norkira and capeolive. Your replies helped clarify things. I am gonna wait until I get my appointment letter and check what they ask me to bring for the interview. Take it from there.

Thanks once again. And Norkira congrats on the good news!

Hi 2010forme,

I was an F1 on OPT and my husband was on H1B before we got our GCs. We didn't have any sponsor nor did we send in Tax returns (although we prepared them just in case they asked), but each of us had an employment letter which we included in the packages. Our interview letters didn't request for sponsor and we didn't prepare an I-134, and it wasn't even mentioned in the interview. I know people have been asked for an I-134 during interviews, but if both you and your husband have jobs, then I don't think you should stress about it unless you are asked for it.

All the best!

Hey guys!!

Here is my Interview experience:

I woke up early in the morning. Got prepared. Dressed sharp... very formal. Thought that it would be heavy traffice but was very smooth. I reached at the USCIS 2 hrs early. Waited for an hour at the parking lot. Then at 8, I went inside. Got airport type checking. Let them know that I was too early but the guard said that it's fine. I went to the waiting room. One of the officers came and collected everyone's appointment letter. (for those who got the appointment letter on white plain paper, I have the same and everyone over there have on the white plain paper). I was surprised that the first call was me. The IO was the same lady. She took me to her office. Then I stood facing her, lift my right hand and swore. Then I was asked to put my passport, state ID and i94 on the desk and have sit. I did that. I thanked her for letting me early and she smiled and said "I like to get things done earlier..". I was surprised that she did't ask any other documents. She had my documents ready in a file and started asking few questions. My full name, address, father's name, mother's name, ssn, etc. During that she was putting check mark on my forms. Asked questions from page 3. I answered them saying "NO" and "Never". She asked me were do u study and looked at my i20. I told about my school and what I am studying. Then she said, your number is low and we have visa available. She took my i94 and congratulated me and said, "As from today, April 7th you are a permanent residency of the United States... Congratulations!!" I thanked her with a big smile. Then she walked me to the exit door and again said "Congratulations". I greeted "Thank your and Have a nice day".

The entire interview didn't even take more than 5 minutes. The IO didn't even ask anything mentioned on the interview letter. The only concern I had was my sponsor's letter which I didn't have. Instead I had my employement letter from the School where I work and my scholarship letter prepared just in case. But the IO was very sweet and cheerful. The interview went very well. Thank you everybody for your well wishes and prayers. It was a great help from this forum. I am sure you all will get it done. I will keep posting. In this journey we all have become good friends. :)

Congtats antar45,
i was waiting to read ur experience from da morning. M happy for you. From today u officially became a texan. Should feel good??? Did they stamp ur passport or not??

Hey guys!!

The entire interview didn't even take more than 5 minutes. The IO didn't even ask anything mentioned on the interview letter. The only concern I had was my sponsor's letter which I didn't have. Instead I had my employement letter from the School where I work and my scholarship letter prepared just in case. But the IO was very sweet and cheerful. The interview went very well. Thank you everybody for your well wishes and prayers. It was a great help from this forum. I am sure you all will get it done. I will keep posting. In this journey we all have become good friends. :)

Congrats...that is wonderful. Makes you wonder why they do interviews at all. Hope you get your card muy pronto :)

Hi antar45,

I am so happy to hear that your interview went well.
I hope that you green card follows soon after.
Congratulations again on your successful interview...

Hey guys!!

I woke up early in the morning. Got prepared. Dressed sharp... very formal. Thought that it would be heavy traffice but was very smooth. I reached at the USCIS 2 hrs early. Waited for an hour at the parking lot. Then at 8, I went inside. Got airport type checking. Let them know that I was too early but the guard said that it's fine. I went to the waiting room. One of the officers came and collected everyone's appointment letter. (for those who got the appointment letter on white plain paper, I have the same and everyone over there have on the white plain paper). I was surprised that the first call was me. The IO was the same lady. She took me to her office. Then I stood facing her, lift my right hand and swore. Then I was asked to put my passport, state ID and i94 on the desk and have sit. I did that. I thanked her for letting me early and she smiled and said "I like to get things done earlier..". I was surprised that she did't ask any other documents. She had my documents ready in a file and started asking few questions. My full name, address, father's name, mother's name, ssn, etc. During that she was putting check mark on my forms. Asked questions from page 3. I answered them saying "NO" and "Never". She asked me were do u study and looked at my i20. I told about my school and what I am studying. Then she said, your number is low and we have visa available. She took my i94 and congratulated me and said, "As from today, April 7th you are a permanent residency of the United States... Congratulations!!" I thanked her with a big smile. Then she walked me to the exit door and again said "Congratulations". I greeted "Thank your and Have a nice day".

Congratulations antar45
This was very easy interview
Have a good luck in your new status
Hope that we get a nice interview tomorrow after one year of waiting.
i will post my experience as soon as possible to all of you wish me luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello houselight75 and ewokra,

I hope that you both have a great interview as antar45's. Everything will be alright! Let us know how the interview went when you get the chance.

Good luck!!!

Hey guys!!

Congratulations, antar. That was very smooth!

Congratulations antar45
This was very easy interview
Have a good luck in your new status
Hope that we get a nice interview tomorrow after one year of waiting.
i will post my experience as soon as possible to all of you wish me luck

All the best tomorrow!

Hey nepal2010,
They didn't stamp my passport.
And I asked the IO about it too.
She said that they don't do it anymore and only take 194
I just said OK to her response and make sure I am all good.
She also said that if you need to travel before you get ur card make an info pass.
Anyway I won't be traveling anywhere since its the final month of semester... that's what I told her.
Congtats antar45,
i was waiting to read ur experience from da morning. M happy for you. From today u officially became a texan. Should feel good??? Did they stamp ur passport or not??

Hi capeolive,
I was wondering if you got your interview letter???
I don't see you updated your signature, and I can not remember if you posted that earlier......

hey antar45,
what r the things they ask you to bring in da interview? N what do u take? Did they ask for the i134, tax returns n things lyk dat. Congrats again!!!

Good luck tomorrow Houselight75 and eworka.

I got another similar update to yesterdays, my husband's card production was ordered today. Again, no interview or nothing...let's hope all this is real :)

Good luck tomorrow Houselight75 and eworka.

I got another similar update to yesterdays, my husband's card production was ordered today. Again, no interview or nothing...let's hope all this is real :)

Wow Norkira, it sounds real to me. Congratulations!!!! This is awesome!!!