• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Did anyone had to deal with uscis washington field office? The one near dunnloring metro station in fairfax, va. I want to know if they have the habit of holding back interviews. There was no problem with bios and ead card. I recieved all in reasonable time. But in this step the case should have been forwarded to local office and that's where I think it is stuck. I have no idea what their problem is. I have sent everything. I also paid my parking tickets from far far states.

Hi, Sogdian,

I am not in Washington but we have roughly the same timeline in AOS and I just got my interview appointment so hang in there. One thing you may wanna check is call KCC and see whether your DV case have been requested by local USCIS office yet. If so, then you should get your interview letter soon; if not, then you might wanna schedule an infopass to see how things are going but don't expect much from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all congratulations. God listened to your prayers and as well as others people's prayers who prayed for you.
I want to go back to that discussion. I put it off it only because your interview was still due. I really think that capeolive and others had wonderful ideas. I also learned something from what they said. However I believe that it would be wise for you to get some time off from your studies and start working. Yes they said that working is no less easier than working or that it will be difficult to come back to study later. It makes sense. But you have a family to take care of. They deserve to have a better life (I am not saying it sucks now. I don't know that).
But would you get a job that you want? Now that's a different topic.

And where the hell is my interview letter? it's been more that three months since I applied.
Thank you for your kind words Sogdian, I appreciate it.
My problem is mainly about payment. They don't pay much here. There 5 people admitted this year and 3 people are gone already, so I will only be the 4th person to dump this place.
All I want to do now is work. I have good degrees (2) from the US and I hope I can find a decent job with them.
I am praying for your case too, my friend. I was wondering about your case too. If you have your EAD that is good. But I think you should call, visit, talk with them. It is a huge system and sometimes files get stuck for no apparent reason. I am sure you will get your interview done this month.
Good luck!

Dear all,
Please advise what should I mark on envelope while submitting my I-485 for AOS package to Chicago Lockbox. I have read somewhere to mark both the coverletter and the envelope as to the nature of submission. Thank you

Good morning Ahad

Am sorry i was not in the forums to hear your good news...................i am happy for you your interview went good...........
i hope you having good time and get peace of mind with your status

Again congra !!!!!

Hi sogdian,

You should call KCC to find out that if Washington Field Office
has requested your file yet. Sometimes scheduling an InfoPass
also helps.

Unfortunately the present immigration system has a lot of flaws.
The time frame of processing even the DV cases change great deal
from one office to another or even from one IO to another...

Did anyone had to deal with uscis washington field office? The one near dunnloring metro station in fairfax, va. I want to know if they have the habit of holding back interviews. There was no problem with bios and ead card. I recieved all in reasonable time. But in this step the case should have been forwarded to local office and that's where I think it is stuck. I have no idea what their problem is. I have sent everything. I also paid my parking tickets from far far states.

Hi Olsson,

I am posting a sample of how to mark the cover letter, file, and envelope:

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of
Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname -
Diversity Visa Lottery Winner
with Case Number: 2010EU00025XXX

Dear all,
Please advise what should I mark on envelope while submitting my I-485 for AOS package to Chicago Lockbox. I have read somewhere to mark both the coverletter and the envelope as to the nature of submission. Thank you

Dear all,

Hello Olsson,
You definitely want to make sure you say the nature of your submission on the cover letter, Adjustment of Status in the DV Lottery category. As far as the envelope, I personally didn't put anything on it other than the address. However, it is recommended that you put your case number at the top right corner of each form your submitting (ex. 2010EU00025***), this will facilitate the problem if the pages/forms separate from each other.
Good luck.

Good morning Ahad

Am sorry i was not forums to hear your good news...................i am happy for you your interview went good...........
i hope you having good time to get peace of mind with your status

Again congra !!!!!

Thank you very much, I appreciate your support!

Hey guys!!

I just had my biometrics done today.
I went to the AS center one hour ahead.
I ask them and they said that you can go ahead and do your biometrics.
It didn't even take more than 7 minutes and I was all set. :)

Hi sogdian,

You should call KCC to find out that if Washington Field Office
has requested your file yet. Sometimes scheduling an InfoPass
also helps.

Unfortunately the present immigration system has a lot of flaws.
The time frame of processing even the DV cases change great deal
from one office to another or even from one IO to another...

thank you capeolive and jayinfo.
i called kcc and they said my case was not requested. but this information is ten days old. and i also called uscis. that guy could not do more than just reading what is found online. i thanked and told him that i could do it myself.
however it is somehow unreasonable of me to rush with my interview. i still don't have a sponsor, a job or an employment offer letter. i just don't think that i will have.

i called kcc and they said my case was not requested. but this information is ten days old. and i also called uscis. that guy could not do more than just reading what is found online. i thanked and told him that i could do it myself.
however it is somehow unreasonable of me to rush with my interview. i still don't have a sponsor, a job or an employment offer letter. i just don't think that i will have.

Maybe you have enough savings:)...and every month you can save a little bit more, and perhaps they won't ask you about that part, which happens to some people.

Hi sogdian,

What is your legal status here, are you a student with an F1 Visa?

Hey guys!!

I just had my biometrics done today.
I went to the AS center one hour ahead.
I ask them and they said that you can go ahead and do your biometrics.
It didn't even take more than 7 minutes and I was all set. :)

Great, antar45!!

Now in 2 days you will have your interview!!!! You can call KCC and check if you locol office orderd your file!

Good luck!!!!

Hi sogdian,

What is your legal status here, are you a student with an F1 Visa?

I am a student with F1 and I am doing my opt.
And by the way Bentlebee, I last time i checked my bank accounts had a two digit number. I think I will just hope that they won't ask for it.

Hello antar45,

I hope you have a successful interview tomorrow, keep us posted when you can.

Good luck!