• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi sogdian,

First thing is first, you should find out about your interview appointment before anything else.
If you have no means of getting I-134 you can go to the interview without it.
Sometimes they don't even mention it. Sometimes they don't even check
the things they ask in the interview letter.

In case they insist on I-134 then they give you additional time
to get it. You'll worry about it then...

First, try to find out where your interview letter is.
You have my best wishes...

I am a student with F1 and I am doing my opt.
And by the way Bentlebee, I last time i checked my bank accounts had a two digit number. I think I will just hope that they won't ask for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey antar,
looks like you are da 1st one from dallas. Best of luck for tomorrow. R u getting interviewed in the new uscis building in irving??

Hey guys, I just received a text from USCIS, (it's the one they send after your biometrics), and it's strange but my case moved from the first step - Acceptance, to the last one - Document production or Oath Ceremony. Is this normal? Sounds to good to be true and I'm sure its another one of those things that they fill out and later act upon it. However, my husband didn't get an update, yet, even though we had the bio done the same day/time. In any case, it's a great day for me, as I just found a sponsor, too, in addition to having a job and make above the poverty guideline :)
The end is near :) :) :)

Hey guys, I just received a text from USCIS, (it's the one they send after your biometrics), and it's strange but my case moved from the first step - Acceptance, to the last one - Document production or Oath Ceremony. Is this normal? Sounds to good to be true and I'm sure its another one of those things that they fill out and later act upon it. However, my husband didn't get an update, yet, even though we had the bio done the same day/time. In any case, it's a great day for me, as I just found a sponsor, too, in addition to having a job and make above the poverty guideline :)

Interesting, is the I-485 case or the EAD case the one that had the update?

It's the I-485, as that's the only thing I applied for.

Congratulations Norkira, I hope that it is for real. I don't remember if it was in 2008 or 2009 that one person got the GC without the interview. That would be more than great!

Also, congratulations for the job and the sponsor.

All the best!

Congratulations Norkira, I hope that it is for real. I don't remember if it was in 2008 or 2009 that one person got the GC without the interview. That would be more than great!

Also, congratulations for the job and the sponsor.

All the best!

Thanks so much i2009. That would be awesome. I've had the job for over two years now (H1B), but finding a sponsor was a challenge, as most of my friends lost their jobs (Detroit's market got it bad). Anyways, I feel very grateful.
Good luck to you, too :)

Hi Everyone.

I have a question about the sponsor. I have a job for over the last 2 years. (H4 - with employment authorization) I make above the poverty line. Would I be required to have a sponsor?

When I filed AOS for my husband and daughter I submitted an I - 134 (acting as sponsor for their behalf) with a letter from my employer and my paystubs and also submitted my tax returns. My husband (H1B) has been working for the last 6 years. According to our lawyer I could be their sponsor and hence I 134 was submitted with their papers.

Now I see even people working are getting sponsors. Do I need to look out for a sponsor before my interview? And could I act as a sponsor for my family? Am kind of confused about this.

Please advise. Thank you.

Hi Norkira,

You might become one of those special people
who got their cards without even an interview.

Now you know what to do, check the mail even more often than before...

Hey Norkira,

Do you remember I told you that after the biometrics you would get an update?

Hey Norkira,

Do you remember I told you that after the biometrics you would get an update?

Yes capeolive, I remember you said that :). However, my husband is worried as he didn't get one yet.
I hope I'm one of those special people :) It'd be nice for sure. Let's wait and see :)

Good luck to you, too.

Hi Everyone.

I have a question about the sponsor. I have a job for over the last 2 years. (H4 - with employment authorization) I make above the poverty line. Would I be required to have a sponsor?

When I filed AOS for my husband and daughter I submitted an I - 134 (acting as sponsor for their behalf) with a letter from my employer and my paystubs and also submitted my tax returns. My husband (H1B) has been working for the last 6 years. According to our lawyer I could be their sponsor and hence I 134 was submitted with their papers.

Now I see even people working are getting sponsors. Do I need to look out for a sponsor before my interview? And could I act as a sponsor for my family? Am kind of confused about this.

Hello 2010FORME,
I was in the same boat, confused and not too clear about this whole "getting a sponsor even when you have a job" thing, but the bottom line is, if you can, absolutely get one just to be safe. Chances are you might not need one, but better safe than sorry. If you read previous posts in this forum, you will find out that SOMETIMES the IO asks for it, and you could loose your green card if you don't have one. Other times, they didn't even bother to ask such questions whether you have a sponsor or not, especially if you have a job.
As far as you being the sponsor of your family, I have been told that the sponsor has to be a green card holder or a permanent resident, it can't be anyone in a visa/status. In addition, they have to be able to sponsor you financially (make enough money to support you, your family members and theirs, if they have one).
Hope this helps and good luck to you.

Hi 2010forme,

Under your conditions they should not be asking for an I-134,
but unfortunately sometimes they do.

Since you are married you should also show your husband's income
as well as yours. When you go to interview you should get employment letter,
pay stubs, tax returns, bank statement for both of you.

I should add that some of the people including myself are getting I-134
just in case they demand it at the interview. I got one not to loose any time.

I would advise you if you know somebody who can give you an I-134
get it. As long as you don't use it at the interview the person giving it
won't be responsible. But if you don't know such a person, just
don't worry about it...

Hi Everyone.

Hi antar45,

I hope you get a good IO and a smooth interview.
You have my best wishes for tomorrow...

Don't forget to post your interview experience.

Hi Norkira,
that's really great. And you never know with them.
I remember some applicant didn't get interview appointment by mail.
They just called him on the phone. So you never know what can happen.
Good luck, I hope you'll be first one with card without interview :D

I think if you can find someone to sponsor you, than you get it.
It's better to have one.
They just wanna be sure that we will not become public charge, or if we become, someone else will be responsible to help us.
There is a lot of people, that come here, and than they don't wanna work, they just apply for government help.
I think that's why they are so strict now.