• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thank you all guys,,, I remember someone saying that his/her passport was stamped as well. He didn't stamp the passport. I dont know if i remember right though.

I know our number is below the cut-off number for January, is it enough to know that my number is current?
What happens after its current? Is there a certain deadline/timeframe within which AOS package MUST be sent? I don't have all the documents ready yet. :(

I know our number is below the cut-off number for January, is it enough to know that my number is current?
What happens after its current? Is there a certain deadline/timeframe within which AOS package MUST be sent? I don't have all the documents ready yet. :(

No there isn't a time line to sent it in...when your ready you can sent it in. Better have everything ready or you could face to have it returned which will delay it longer. You know the DV lottery has a time line as per Sept. 30th, you need to hve to be approved before that date or before the GC run out which didn't happen last year and with more security checks, more and longer background checks could be expected so IMO they won't run out of GC but more likely more people will run out of time if they don't provide the proof that is requested. JMO!

Hi
Congratulation to every one received his GC
i will send my package to Chicago next week and i would like to know which mailing methods is better
Certified mail or Registered or regular mail
if it possible to track if a cashiers check cashed by DHS or not
Thanks

Happy New Year to everyone in the forum.
I have a question regarding the affidavit of support form I-134. Can we have a sponsor who is an hourly paid (rather than a salaried) permanent employee? He has enough annual income to qualify as a sponsor. Does anyone have previous experience with a similar situation?

Hi
Congratulation to every one received his GC
i will send my package to Chicago next week and i would like to know which mailing methods is better
Certified mail or Registered or regular mail
if it possible to track if a cashiers check cashed by DHS or not
Thanks

We did certified mail, you can track it online and also ask online for proof of delivery...regarding the chashiers check are only made up to 1000$, you would have to make two checks if you want to do cashier check option (one for I-485 and one for biometrics fee)...however, you can't see when DHS cashes the check as you did with taking a "cash"ier check from your account...the same moment you make the cashier check it appears as checked on your account...best is to send regular checks...they are usually cashed within 7 days and you can see this on your account

Update

I just wanted to share with ya'll that the interview letter arrived today!!! Thanks GOD!! My interview is on Jan. 28 and just asked me to bring my passport and driver license.

AOS package

Hi,
I'd like to ask if it is safe to sent my AOS package to Chicago this month. My number is EU25xxx. For Feb, the cut off nr is 22,400. Should I wait till Feb to see the nr for March or can I send my package this month?
Thank you.

No there isn't a time line to sent it in...when your ready you can sent it in. Better have everything ready or you could face to have it returned which will delay it longer. You know the DV lottery has a time line as per Sept. 30th, you need to hve to be approved before that date or before the GC run out which didn't happen last year and with more security checks, more and longer background checks could be expected so IMO they won't run out of GC but more likely more people will run out of time if they don't provide the proof that is requested. JMO!

Thank you very much!

Congratulations to all who have received their green cards.

I filed AOS at the beginning of Dec. and have not got the Biometrics notice yet.

Should I be worry?

We did certified mail, you can track it online and also ask online for proof of delivery...regarding the chashiers check are only made up to 1000$, you would have to make two checks if you want to do cashier check option (one for I-485 and one for biometrics fee)...however, you can't see when DHS cashes the check as you did with taking a "cash"ier check from your account...the same moment you make the cashier check it appears as checked on your account...best is to send regular checks...they are usually cashed within 7 days and you can see this on your account

Maybe you mean a "money order", but even paying for a $ 300,000.- home you can use 1 cashiers check! I have done it many times and no issue what so ever.

I agree with sending a personal check for the $ 1010.- my friend did it and was never in her life so happy to see the money taken out of her account...with a cashiers check you have to wait for the return receipt from Chicago which will can make you wonder and being nervous a few days longer.

Congratz..!!!!

I just wanted to share with ya'll that the interview letter arrived today!!! Thanks GOD!! My interview is on Jan. 28 and just asked me to bring my passport and driver license.

WOW.. Congratulations. !! You will have your GC by the end of february :D

I'm still waiting here. The local office seems to be very busy because my folder is here, but no word of my interview.

p.d.: Felicitaciones mi pana.!!!

Congratulations VZLA! I was hopping to hear that the interview letters would resume arriving after the holiday season.

I still am waiting for mine and I am starting to worry about it. I called the USCIS customer service center and they are as useless as they could be.

Anyway, congratulations and good luck to you!

Hi Everyone

I'm currently on H1-B and also my company applied for green card couple years ago still in process... I was luck enough to win the lottery like all you guys here. My question is do I need to send I-140 form and labor certificates along with my I-485 in AOS package.

thanks in advance

No biometrics notice yet...

Congratulations to all who have received their green cards.

I filed AOS at the beginning of Dec. and have not got the Biometrics notice yet.

Should I be worry?

Hi Gagaun,

I also sent my AOS package at the beginning of December. I got receipt notices for I-485, I-765, and I-131. I'm also still waiting for the biometrics appointment. I imagine the holidays will make our wait a bit longer than usual.

Hi Everyone

I'm currently on H1-B and also my company applied for green card couple years ago still in process... I was luck enough to win the lottery like all you guys here. My question is do I need to send I-140 form and labor certificates along with my I-485 in AOS package.

thanks in advance

Hello ck1979,

I am in the same situation (H1B with a prior employment-based AOS process). I don't think that you should send your I-140 with your DV AOS package. You do need to provide with your Alien Number (A#) so they will consolidate your employment-based AOS with the new DV application.

The downside is that they could take longer to process your case as they have to wait for your A-file to arrive before they could approve anything.

The A-file is the Alien File. It is the file containing all the data and documentation relating to an alien identified by the A#.

I have read that sometimes it takes a while for the Service Center, processing the current AOS, to send the A-File to the National Benefit Center.

Good luck!

Hello i2009

I really appreciate your reply. I wont send the I-140 to AOS. I've another quick question. How do the USCIS know which local office we would like the interview to take place?

thanks

Hello ck1979,

I am in the same situation (H1B with a prior employment-based AOS process). I don't think that you should send your I-140 with your DV AOS package. You do need to provide with your Alien Number (A#) so they will consolidate your employment-based AOS with the new DV application.

The downside is that they could take longer to process your case as they have to wait for your A-file to arrive before they could approve anything.

The A-file is the Alien File. It is the file containing all the data and documentation relating to an alien identified by the A#.

I have read that sometimes it takes a while for the Service Center, processing the current AOS, to send the A-File to the National Benefit Center.

Good luck!

Hello i2009

I really appreciate your reply. I wont send the I-140 to AOS. I've another quick question. How do the USCIS know which local office we would like the interview to take place?

thanks

You're welcome ck1979.

I think that they assign the Field Office based on your residency's zip code. I don't know if it is possible to request having the interview in a different Field Office.

It makes sense thanks again i2009. Last one I promise:) When you received second letter from KCC acknowledging your intention to apply for adjustment of status were we suppose to send our original notification letter to local USCIS office?

thanks

You're welcome ck1979.

I think that they assign the Field Office based on your residency's zip code. I don't know if it is possible to request having the interview in a different Field Office.