• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

It makes sense thanks again i2009. Last one I promise:) When you received second letter from KCC acknowledging your intention to apply for adjustment of status were we suppose to send our original notification letter to local USCIS office?

thanks

No problem ck1979. You don't need to send the second letter from KCC to the local office. But you MUST enclose a copy of your first notification letter to your AOS package as a supporting document. I understand that the second letter is not needed but it won't hurt if you send a copy of it as well. Remember to send photocopies, never originals!

Good luck!

Hi guys,

In the summer of 2009 after receiving my first NL, I sent a DSP122 form to Kentucky center, that cited my intent to go through CP. But my situation has changed, and now I would rather do AOS. Do you know if it is possible to change from CP to AOS, and, if yes, how I should proceed with that?

Thanks!

WOW.. Congratulations. !! You will have your GC by the end of february :D

I'm still waiting here. The local office seems to be very busy because my folder is here, but no word of my interview.

p.d.: Felicitaciones mi pana.!!!

Yaku, the same here for me : everything is here...but no sound of my interview...hello ! is there anybody out there ? I guess my field office is very busy too.I think I need some more yoga lessons...

Hi Everyone
I'm sure this question has been posted before but I had no luck finding it through the search option, I would appreciate any help.

Q1: On I-485 part 2 "I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status becasue:" which option you guys have picked as lottery winners.

Q2: I'm currently on H1-B expiring on 2012. Do I need to include I-765 in my package to AOS.

Thanks in advance

Hi Everyone
I'm sure this question has been posted before but I had no luck finding it through the search option, I would appreciate any help.

Q1: On I-485 part 2 "I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status becasue:" which option you guys have picked as lottery winners.

Q2: I'm currently on H1-B expiring on 2012. Do I need to include I-765 in my package to AOS.

Thanks in advance

Hi Ck1979 (funny that our user names are almost the same);

I am on the same situation with you..I am on h1b. i have an approved I-140; however i havent applied for AOS thru work yet; since i am EB3 case and i have to wait for many years for my case number to be current. Anyhow; below is a list of what i sent with my AOS package..i am sure most will apply to you. Regarding I-765; i did not apply for it since i was not planning to use it anyways. i wouldnt give up my current H1B until i make sure i receive the green card - you have to give up your H1 status if you use the EAD card. Having said that, it is free to apply along with I-485 and a lot of people did it. It has advantages - example: once you have it, you could change jobs etc. But again, you have to give up your h1b status if you change jobs using your EAD card. Anyhow, it is up to you. It is optional to apply for it or not. It doesnt hurt to apply (it is just an additional form). Most people did it.

Below is my aos package list.

1. Completed and signed form I-485;
2. Filing Fee of $1010 for I-485 and Biometrics;
3. I-693 (Medical Examination for Alien seeking AOS) in sealed envelope;
4. Photocopy of government issued Birth Certificate;
5. Evidence of required education consisting of:
a. Photocopy of Diploma (Masters of Science)
b. Photocopy of Transcript (Masters of Science)
c. Photocopy of Diploma (Bachelor of Science)
d. Photocopy of Transcript (Bachelor of Science)
6. Proof of income;
a. Photocopy of 2008 W-2;
b. Photocopy of most recent two paystubs
7. Photocopies of Passport consisting of:
a. Identity page
b. Renewal/revalidation for 5 more years page
8. Photocopy of most recent I-94;
9. Photocopies of U.S. non immigrant visas
10. Proof of maintaining valid status while in the US consisting of:
a. Photocopies of three I-797A (H1B Visa Approval Notices)
b. Photocopy of OPT (Optional Practical Training) Employment Authorization Card
c. Photocopies of three I-20 (Eligibility for F-1 Status)

Oh and answer to your first question: Select "h" and put "DV lottery 2010 winner" for the explanation.

Good luck!!!

My friend wanted to do infopass, but in Dec. no appointments were possible to be scheduled. When I looked after New year all of a sudden all times were available, like they had blocked out infopass for everybody for a certain time frame (Tampa).

This morning I went with her and we got some good news. Her file had arrived and also the fingerprinting was okay so now only waiting for the interview date which the employee stated would come within 60 days...which he thought wouldn't be an issue due to the limit and according to the thread I just posted not all visa's are given out over the last couple of years. We still have the feeling that any day the interview date will come by mail and we almost stated that she could do it right away since except for the 2 of us there were only 4 other people waiting. It was so quiet, the opposite of the first time we went. Also this time we had a friendly employee who knew DV cases and made her feel like she has nothing to worry, so that is awesome news. She is waiting for the interview date now...:)

Got Biometric Notice Today

Hi Gagaun,

I also sent my AOS package at the beginning of December. I got receipt notices for I-485, I-765, and I-131. I'm also still waiting for the biometrics appointment. I imagine the holidays will make our wait a bit longer than usual.

Thanks Yaku

sa_student,

I just got my boimetric notice today. Hope you will get yours soon too

Please, help me to understand one thing:

My wife won the lottery and we are all filing(me and our son) together. What documents are necessary for everyone and what documents and forms are required for the principal applicant alone?

Please, help me to understand one thing:

My wife won the lottery and we are all filing(me and our son) together. What documents are necessary for everyone and what documents and forms are required for the principal applicant alone?

Just read the first two pages of this thread, and follow all the instructions on the I-485 application;there's a list of all the supporting documents required.

Question to those who has already done biometrics, but is still awaiting the interview letter.
What does your status on USCIS web-site says?
Mine still says acceptance and that it's being processed at the national benefits office.

Gracias yaku and i2009

Thanks Yaku and i2009, I am very positive that your interview letters will be in your mailboxes very soon too. As you say, they are beginnig to send these letters again after this Christmas break. At least, I didn't hear of many people being interviewed during the second part of December. That's why I am sure there will be a big group of letters arriving during these days, including yours!!!
Good luck and I'll keep you posted.

Question to those who has already done biometrics, but is still awaiting the interview letter.
What does your status on USCIS web-site says?
Mine still says acceptance and that it's being processed at the national benefits office.

Hey Chivik,
I got biometrics done and I got the letter for the interview this month and my status has not changed. It is still Acceptance.... So the website is not very reliable... I guess it depends on the IO who takes your case, if he/she takes the time to sit down and update the website, I think.
So, don't worry about it....

Hey Chivik,
I got biometrics done and I got the letter for the interview this month and my status has not changed. It is still Acceptance.... So the website is not very reliable... I guess it depends on the IO who takes your case, if he/she takes the time to sit down and update the website, I think.
So, don't worry about it....

Hey VZLA, does it say that your case is being processed in NBC? or in local office?

Thank you!

Hey VZLA, does it say that your case is being processed in NBC? or in local office?

Thank you!

Case being processed at NBC, but the interview letter came from the local office so I infer they already sent it there.

UPDATE:
We cannot be happier!!! We got the welcome letter yesterday. I am just not myself. It seems so surreal …..very happy. Thank you everybody and best of luck!

cm1979, I have the same issue, i know my number is below the cutoff line, but do not know exactly if we are actually eligible.
I made an appointment with the local USCIS office to find this out. I can't think of any other way.

UPDATE:
We cannot be happier!!! We got the welcome letter yesterday. I am just not myself. It seems so surreal …..very happy. Thank you everybody and best of luck!

congrats! looking forward to my own happy day.