• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Question to those who has already done biometrics, but is still awaiting the interview letter.
What does your status on USCIS web-site says?
Mine still says acceptance and that it's being processed at the national benefits office.

mine still says acceptance !!

yea it seems like they slowed down a a bit with interviews for December/January. Hopefully now after all holidays everything will go faster again.

UPDATE:
We cannot be happier!!! We got the welcome letter yesterday. I am just not myself. It seems so surreal …..very happy. Thank you everybody and best of luck!

Congratulations, your card will arrive very soon; almost over!!

Please, please, please, educate me in this:
What forms and documents are required for the family members (to apply together) of the principal applicant (lottery winner)?

Thank you very much!!!

Number current in March, earliest date to file AOS?

Please help of you can, I searched and searched, but I can't find this info anywhere.

Just saw in the visa bulletin that my DV number will become current in March. What is the earliest dats I can file my AOS papers? January, since the bulleting has already published with the numers? February, since the bulletin is called Februaly billetin?

Does anyone know? Help..I would like to send my AOS papers as soon as I am eligible, but I don't want my package to be rejected either.

THANKS!!!!!!

Please help of you can, I searched and searched, but I can't find this info anywhere.

Just saw in the visa bulletin that my DV number will become current in March. What is the earliest dats I can file my AOS papers? January, since the bulleting has already published with the numers? February, since the bulletin is called Februaly billetin?

Does anyone know? Help..I would like to send my AOS papers as soon as I am eligible, but I don't want my package to be rejected either.

THANKS!!!!!!

I'm afraid there's no definite answer to this question; it all comes to a personal decision. Some of us sent our AOS packages when the visa Bulletin said the month we were going to be current. Check my signature and that of
i2009 and Bentlebee's, these are the only ones that come to mind.

Basically if you feel comfortable sending it now, then do it! if not, wait!

Thanks Yaku and i2009, I am very positive that your interview letters will be in your mailboxes very soon too. As you say, they are beginnig to send these letters again after this Christmas break. At least, I didn't hear of many people being interviewed during the second part of December. That's why I am sure there will be a big group of letters arriving during these days, including yours!!!
Good luck and I'll keep you posted.

Thanks VZLA for the encouragement. I am feeling a little hopeless with this wait for the interview letter. I have a bad feeling about Philadelphia Office I hope I am wrong.

Please keep us posted. Best of Luck!

UPDATE:
We cannot be happier!!! We got the welcome letter yesterday. I am just not myself. It seems so surreal …..very happy. Thank you everybody and best of luck!

Congratulations marley! I'm very happy for all of you whom already got the GCs or the Welcome Letter.

Congratulations to Marley and Simpleman and all others who have received their green card already. I am sorry I haven't been around for a long time. I am still without news from my interview letter. The wait is killing us guys. However, I managed to take an infopass for next week. Let's see what they tell me again. I have been calling Kentuchy for weeks now and they still tell me the same thing that my file have not been requested yet. I just don't get it!!!!

I think i will get an infopass as well. It is taking way too long for some of us to receive the interview letter.

My friends infopass was this time very hepful and reasuring!:)...file arrived, fingerprinting background check done and positive, so just waiting for the interview date and since the article I posted in another thread clearly stated that previously not all GC have been given out, she isn't worried any longer, just realxed waiting for her turn for the interview. :), This employee clearly looked over all information on his screen and double checked it and he wasn't in a hurry since no one was waiting...she could have done the interview right than and there...lol

My friends infopass was this time very hepful and reasuring!:)...file arrived, fingerprinting background check done and positive, so just waiting for the interview date and since the article I posted in another thread clearly stated that previously not all GC have been given out, she isn't worried any longer, just realxed waiting for her turn for the interview. :), This employee clearly looked over all information on his screen and double checked it and he wasn't in a hurry since no one was waiting...she could have done the interview right than and there...lol

What office is your friend assigned to, bentlebee?

Thanks.

Hey guys, is applying for EAD absolutely required?
I'm on F-1 visa, and I have a graduate assistant appointment at my dept.

I'm afraid there's no definite answer to this question; it all comes to a personal decision. Some of us sent our AOS packages when the visa Bulletin said the month we were going to be current. Check my signature and that of
i2009 and Bentlebee's, these are the only ones that come to mind.

Basically if you feel comfortable sending it now, then do it! if not, wait!

Daima, thanks for your response.

Hey guys, just a little update. I called FBI today and they told me that they sent the result of my biometrics to "the agency asked for it" on the day I took my biometrics. And then I called KCC, and they told me that my case has been transferred to my local CIS.
So I guess now I just need to calm down and patiently wait for my interview letter :)

Skyhigh CN

Hi everyone!
I am a DV Lottery 2010 winner with a skyhigh number. (AF 73XXX)
I really enjoy reading about all your success stories but I was wondering if anyone else had a high CN and if they chose AOS or CP... I still haven't received anything from KCC and when I called they confirmed they received the forms but I am guessing I am not a priority at the moment!
Anyways if anyone has input on skyhigh CN and strategies, I will be glad to hear :)
Thanks