My Immigration

Hi,
I am helping my uncle with filling out his DS 260 USA Immigration Visa Application Form.
In the DS 260 form, there is a field that asks for the addresses in which he lived since the age of 16. He lived in several other countries. But he mostly does not remember the addresses of all the places that he lived in. Also, we read on the internet that if the applicant lives in a different area or country different than his present address, then he must procure police clearance froim that area or country.
My uncle went to those countries many years before. It is not possible for him to go to those countries now to procure police clearance.
My uncle is using a fresh new passport. So I was wondering that to avoid hassle, what if my uncle says no to the question that asks if he had lived any other places than his present address?
Will it jeopardize his Visa application?
Thanks for any help.

If your uncle says 'No' he would obviously be lying and would rightly deserve to be denied of his visa at the end of the day. First rule of thumb with immigration matters: always be upfront and truthful!

The different addresses do not necessarily have to be 100% accurate if he cannot remember them all, but something close enough should be filed in/listed.

And to get the PCC, most of the countries typically do not require visit them in person. The USDOS has clear guidance and links on how to go about getting the PCC from other countries (or if the PCC is applicable), I suggest you spend some time going through it:

https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...t-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

Hi Sm1smom,
Thanks for the reply.
I understand now that it has dire consequences to lie or provide false information or misinformation in the DS 260 visa application form. Now, I adviced my uncle strongly against providing any false information or misinformation throughout the visa application process, even though providing the true information will require us to go to a lot of trouble to procure lots of extra documents from other countries.
We are searching and browsing the internet to find out ways to obtain police clearance certificates from different countries. Hopefully we will procure all the previous addresses, necessary documents and other paperworks, submit them with the DS 260 form, and the application process will go fair and just.
I already told my uncle and my cousins about your reply to my forum post.
Thank you so much for taking your valuable time and writing this reply with care. Thank you for explaining the procedures for obtaining paperworks in such detail. We will do what you suggested. It was most helpful. Your reply guided us in the right direction. So, thanks again.

Hi,
I am helping my uncle to fill out his DS 260 family based USA immigration visa application form.
In the DS 260 form, one field asks, 'Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?' This question has a Yes/ No answer.
My uncle intend to run a business as a partner that his sister (who is the petitioner for his application) established in USA. So, obviously, he will be performing skilled labor. However, he is not yet certified by the Secretary of Labor because he has not received a visa and has not immigrated to USA yet.
So, what should be the proper answer to this question that will not jeopardize his visa application?
Thanks for any help.

Hi,
In the family based DS 260 immigration visa application form, a field asks, 'Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?' This is a Yes/ No answer question.
If applicant, his spouse and all his children received vaccinations and have necessary documents in accordance with the law of their native country (say, India) should he answer this question Yes, or No?
Thanks for any help.

Hi,
A field in the DS 260 form asks if the applicant previously lived in countries different than his present address. If he lived in different countries, he is required to obtain and submit Police Clearance Certificate from those countries with the visa application.
It is given on the webisite travel.state.gov that countries such as Austria, Finland, Japan etc. deletes the police records after 5 years (for minor offences) and after 10 years (for major offences).
If the applicant is applying for a family based USA immigration visa after 15 Years since his stay in a different country, then his police records in that country is already deleted (and cleared).
To complete his DS 260 visa application, does he still need to obtain Police Clearance Certificate from the countries in which he lived 15 years before?
Thanks for any help.

Hi,
I am helping my uncle to fill out his DS 260 family based USA immigration visa application form.
In the DS 260 form, one field asks, 'Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?' This question has a Yes/ No answer.
My uncle intend to run a business as a partner that his sister (who is the petitioner for his application) established in USA. So, obviously, he will be performing skilled labor. However, he is not yet certified by the Secretary of Labor because he has not received a visa and has not immigrated to USA yet.
So, what should be the proper answer to this question that will not jeopardize his visa application?
Thanks for any help.

Answer no

Hi,
In the family based DS 260 immigration visa application form, a field asks, 'Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?' This is a Yes/ No answer question.
If applicant, his spouse and all his children received vaccinations and have necessary documents in accordance with the law of their native country (say, India) should he answer this question Yes, or No?
Thanks for any help.

You can also select no for this. Your uncle will eventually do a medical exam that will address whatever vaccination is required in accordance to US laws.

Hi,
A field in the DS 260 form asks if the applicant previously lived in countries different than his present address. If he lived in different countries, he is required to obtain and submit Police Clearance Certificate from those countries with the visa application.
It is given on the webisite travel.state.gov that countries such as Austria, Finland, Japan etc. deletes the police records after 5 years (for minor offences) and after 10 years (for major offences).
If the applicant is applying for a family based USA immigration visa after 15 Years since his stay in a different country, then his police records in that country is already deleted (and cleared).
To complete his DS 260 visa application, does he still need to obtain Police Clearance Certificate from the countries in which he lived 15 years before?
Thanks for any help.

I already covered this (somewhat) in my first response. He is still required to present PCC from ALL the countries he's lived at from when he turned 16, regardless of if it will be difficult to get them or not; or whether offenses got cleared after a number of years.

Hello Sm1smom
I m new at this website and have some questions about ds 260 present and previous address if you help me i would be happy.
I m the winner dv2022 lottery. I submitted my ds260 on may but after i realized i forget add my previous US addresses i asked KCC unlock my ds260 after 2 month yesterday they unlocked
But i m not sure should i write US previous addresses on ds 260? where i went for vacation in 2017 with tourist visa and i stayed 5 month in USA different places
And one more question. first i choose my interview location Montreal because at the moment im living in Canada with my visitor status i mentioned my current address in Canada but when i asked Montreal embassy they told me with visitor saltatus you can not come immigrant interview in canada. So i need change my interview location to my country. As i know but i m not sure, i need change my current address to my homecountry address for have interview in my country what is right way for me to change interview place and one more keeping living here is it ok i write my present address my homecountry address
( when i applied green card application in Novermber i was student in Canada)thats why the system gave me Montreal interview place automatically.
Thanks in adavance .

Hello Sm1smom
I m new at this website and have some questions about ds 260 present and previous address if you help me i would be happy.
I m the winner dv2022 lottery. I submitted my ds260 on may but after i realized i forget add my previous US addresses i asked KCC unlock my ds260 after 2 month yesterday they unlocked
But i m not sure should i write US previous addresses on ds 260? where i went for vacation in 2017 with tourist visa and i stayed 5 month in USA different places
And one more question. first i choose my interview location Montreal because at the moment im living in Canada with my visitor status i mentioned my current address in Canada but when i asked Montreal embassy they told me with visitor saltatus you can not come immigrant interview in canada. So i need change my interview location to my country. As i know but i m not sure, i need change my current address to my homecountry address for have interview in my country what is right way for me to change interview place and one more keeping living here is it ok i write my present address my homecountry address
( when i applied green card application in Novermber i was student in Canada)thats why the system gave me Montreal interview place automatically.
Thanks in adavance .
1. You’re not required to list address of places where you went on vacation, so there’s no need to list the US address where you stayed for 5 months.
2. If you’re currently in Canada on a visitor’s visa because your student visa has expired, then yes you cannot interview in Canada. You need to list your home address as your current address even though you’re currently in Canada on a visitor’s visa.

p.s. post subsequent DV related questions on the following DV thread:

Thank you very much Sm1smom
After change current address should i write email to KCC about change imterview location ? Because i can not edit the section where indicate Interview place Montreal.