• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

i sent my unlock request may 10th, i was one of the first ones to do it, and they still didnt reply,although they unlocked for alot of people who sent the request after me,it seems like they ignored my email i dont know why (i'm dv2022)
You're not the only one. There are other people out there too who sent in an unlock request back in early May who are still waiting for KCC to unlock their forms as requested. It doesn't mean KCC weighed the unlock request and considered it unnecessary.

Hi Susie, I understand what you said. However, my question is whether or not KCC can ignore my unlock request and schedule an interview assuming the change I want to make might not impact my case.
They wouldn’t just ignore it if their own accord. If you already received the DQ email from them, then they would tell you to late too change (but they would tell you). Gee, can you imagine what this forum would look like if KCC just ignored requests when they felt like it!

Last edited:
They wouldn’t just ignore it if their own accord. If you already received the DQ email from them, then they would tell you to late too change (but they would tell you). Gee, can you imagine what this forum would look like if KCC just ignored requests when they felt like it!
Susie,

I guess I didn’t include one of the reasons for my question, which is the possibility of my number being current in October (2022AF26XX), and also the fact that KCC has already sent me an email requesting further information on my unlock request.

Susie,

I guess I didn’t include one of the reasons for my question, which is the possibility of my number being current in October (2022AF26XX), and also the fact that KCC has already sent me an email requesting further information on my unlock request.
Don’t expect a good answer if you don’t give good /complete information about the circumstances surrounding the question you’re asking. Also don’t expect me personally to keep revising the answer when new information continually gets dribbled out - others may have more patience than I do and keep answering.

Don’t expect a good answer if you don’t give good /complete information about the circumstances surrounding the question you’re asking. Also don’t expect me personally to keep revising the answer when new information continually gets dribbled out - others may have more patience than I do and keep answering.
My apologies for the inconvenience.

You're not the only one. There are other people out there too who sent in an unlock request back in early May who are still waiting for KCC to unlock their forms as requested. It doesn't mean KCC weighed the unlock request and considered it unnecessary.
thank you for your reply, I'm quite relieved now, ill just wait more then, i sent another request, i hope they unlock it

Your above post gives the impression Simon is telling people to send in their documents ASAP if they need an early interview. I’m certain he is NOT telling people that.
Needing an early interview does not determine how early you get an interview. When the CN becomes current, when a person sends in their documents, when KCC finishes processing the documents, embassy’s capacity and open slots for an interview all play a role in determining when you get an interview. I know you mean well, but we need to ensure we’re not misinforming people by providing inaccurate guidance.
My post, to send documents asap was in context with his Case number (AS less than 100) and a better chance for an early interview, but i got your point that it could have seem different to others. That was definitely not my intent and will be careful.

My post, to send documents asap was in context with his Case number (AS less than 100) and a better chance for an early interview, but i got your point that it could have seem different to others. That was definitely not my intent and will be careful.
Well, you post did not call out the OP having a low CN. Posted in silo to that pertinent information, it comes across as inaccurate.

When you sending a document to KCC and you need to translate it, do you send the original document plus the translated document or you only send the translated document. @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ

I have question
first am a dv winner with CN 2022AS5XXX, when I filled the DS-260 I just mention that I have diploma (two years in college, and I didn't mention that I have finished my highschool, do I need to request to open again my file and fix it? another question which maybe its hard for me to explain easily but I will try. My spouse she left with her mom in 2003 to the states with normal B1/B2 visa and on that time they applied for asylum and she was 16 on that time and she was under her mom name in the asylum, in 2008 she just packed her stuff and left the states without getting any respond for the case that her mom make, after years and in 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020 which is more than "10 years ban" they refused her visas 4 times to go and visit her mom whom have right now the US citizen, all the above I mentioned in her form when I filled it up, is that a problem that will effect our case and get denied?

thanks

I have question
first am a dv winner with CN 2022AS5XXX, when I filled the DS-260 I just mention that I have diploma (two years in college, and I didn't mention that I have finished my highschool, do I need to request to open again my file and fix it? another question which maybe its hard for me to explain easily but I will try. My spouse she left with her mom in 2003 to the states with normal B1/B2 visa and on that time they applied for asylum and she was 16 on that time and she was under her mom name in the asylum, in 2008 she just packed her stuff and left the states without getting any respond for the case that her mom make, after years and in 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020 which is more than "10 years ban" they refused her visas 4 times to go and visit her mom whom have right now the US citizen, all the above I mentioned in her form when I filled it up, is that a problem that will effect our case and get denied?

thanks
1. You need to unlock your DS260 and update it to include your HS information.
2. Your spouse triggered a 10 year ban once she departed from the US in 2008 for overstay from when she turned 18. The good news is since she left the US in 2008, the 10 year ban was over in 2018, so it the ban should not impact the DV processing for an immigrant visa. Outside of that, she most likely will never get a NIV again - that is why they continuously denied the NIV applications she's filed to date.

When you sending a document to KCC and you need to translate it, do you send the original document plus the translated document or you only send the translated document. @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ
You read the instructions and they say

The applicant and each family member who will accompany the applicant to the United States will need to submit scanned copies and any required translations of original documents or certified copies of the documents listed below from an appropriate office, authority, or issuing entity in your country.

Hello hope everyone is alright. I'm preparing my civil documents but I'm wondering whether documents must contain an apostille ?

Hi

I’m dv2022 selectee CN= AS109xx from Iran

I have a question about my high school diploma. My education situation is:

• 1- academic high school(maths) in 11 years of education - degree (in my country is High school diploma) (age 17)
  • 2- academic pre-university (it’s 1 year education) – not degree (passed 9 lessons and failed 3 lessons in exams) (age 18)
  • 3- academic distance-learning pre-university – degree (passed 3 lessons that was failed in past) (age 30)
  • 4- university - not degree (passed a few lessons 4 years ago)
for us, pre-university degree is equivalent to US high school diploma

my pre-university certificate is like a normal certificate except that my school name is Distance-learning pre-university school (unfortunately I didn’t know that distance learning is a problem in time of submitting for dv lottery)

1st question: am I eligible for dv visa?(i almost know that i'm not, asked for making sure)

2nd: if I successfully get another pre-university degree in an academic adult pre-university school before interview does it help? (I can get it till February)

3rd: do u have any suggestion?

Thanks for your patience and answer

Hi

I’m dv2022 selectee CN= AS109xx from Iran

I have a question about my high school diploma. My education situation is:

• 1- academic high school(maths) in 11 years of education - degree (in my country is High school diploma) (age 17)
  • 2- academic pre-university (it’s 1 year education) – not degree (passed 9 lessons and failed 3 lessons in exams) (age 18)
  • 3- academic distance-learning pre-university – degree (passed 3 lessons that was failed in past) (age 30)
  • 4- university - not degree (passed a few lessons 4 years ago)
for us, pre-university degree is equivalent to US high school diploma

my pre-university certificate is like a normal certificate except that my school name is Distance-learning pre-university school (unfortunately I didn’t know that distance learning is a problem in time of submitting for dv lottery)

1st question: am I eligible for dv visa?(i almost know that i'm not, asked for making sure)

2nd: if I successfully get another pre-university degree in an academic adult pre-university school before interview does it help? (I can get it till February)

3rd: do u have any suggestion?

Thanks for your patience and answer
1. Best to get someone from your country to confirm but from what you’ve said here it does not sound like you qualify; it sounds like the 12th year is required for university entrance and it seems questionable if you did completed that “formally” from the route you took (such a long gap and then distance learning). But it would be best to confirm with someone more familiar with the route.

2. I don’t understand why this would change things, how would it be different from the pre university degree you have already? It is not necessarily the “distance learning” that is the problem for “formal“ but the fact that it is presumably done via some kind of adult education center. Question: was your first attempt at this at age 18 part of your high school, or a separate college, or how did that work?

Again - this is just an impression from someone on the Internet and I would strongly suggest you get someone, ideally someone who has qualified for DV from there, to advise you as well. It is possible that what you have does qualify you.

3. Can you qualify on work experience?

Last edited:
Hola

Soy dv2022 selectee CN = AS109xx de Irán

Tengo una pregunta sobre mi diploma de escuela secundaria. Mi situación educativa es:

• 1- escuela secundaria académica (matemáticas) en 11 años de educación - título (en mi país es diploma de escuela secundaria) (17 años)
  • 2- académico preuniversitario (es 1 año de educación) - no grado (aprobó 9 lecciones y reprobó 3 lecciones en exámenes) (18 años)
  • 3- preuniversitario de educación a distancia académica - grado (aprobó 3 lecciones que no se reprobaron en el pasado) (30 años)
  • 4- universidad - no título (aprobada algunas lecciones hace 4 años)
para nosotros, el título preuniversitario es equivalente al diploma de escuela secundaria de EE. UU.

mi certificado preuniversitario es como un certificado normal, excepto que el nombre de mi escuela es Escuela preuniversitaria de aprendizaje a distancia (desafortunadamente, no sabía que el aprendizaje a distancia es un problema a la hora de presentarme a la lotería de dv)

Primera pregunta: ¿soy elegible para la visa dv? (Casi sé que no lo soy, me preguntan para asegurarme)

2º: si obtengo con éxito otro título preuniversitario en una escuela preuniversitaria académica para adultos antes de la entrevista, ¿ayuda? (Puedo conseguirlo hasta febrero)

3º: ¿tienes alguna sugerencia?

Gracias por tu paciencia y respuesta.