• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

1. Best to get someone from your country to confirm but from what you’ve said here it does not sound like you qualify; it sounds like the 12th year is required for university entrance and it seems questionable if you did completed that “formally” from the route you took (such a long gap and then distance learning). But it would be best to confirm with someone more familiar with the route.

2. I don’t understand why this would change things, how would it be different from the pre university degree you have already? It is not necessarily the “distance learning” that is the problem for “formal“ but the fact that it is presumably done via some kind of adult education center. Question: was your first attempt at this at age 18 part of your high school, or a separate college, or how did that work?

Again - this is just an impression from someone on the Internet and I would strongly suggest you get someone, ideally someone who has qualified for DV from there, to advise you as well. It is possible that what you have does qualify you.

3. Can you qualify on work experience?
Thanks for your respond
1- i talked to one of best emigration agents here but it seems there is not a clear answer to my situation and seems it depends on CO.
i don't know what does formal means exactly in education courses but lessons are exactly same as what i studied before in age 18 and we do exams beside normal students of normal schools and in the presence of a caretaker. difference is that we read the books at home.

- after 11 years studing we get high school diploma certificate and can work as a high school diploma worker

- 12th year is not exactly required for university entrance. it's complicated. i could enter university with my 11 years high school diploma.
difference is in field of studies and universities.

2- i thoughts adult education is not a problem. because in our educational system, adults(who passed 8 years of education before) also study same lessons as teenages and it takes 3 years for a adult high school diploma and 1 year pre-university degree after that
for your question: pre-university is a seperated educational center, it has a certificate seperated of high school (of course educational system changed and now it becomes a part of high school)

3- no, my job zone is 3

Sorry for my bad English
Thanks again for your respond

Hello Dear friends,
I am Select of DV22 my question is my sponsor (host) changes his apartment home address so could I unlock my DS260 or what can I do ?

Hello Dear friends,
I am Select of DV22 my question is my sponsor (host) changes his apartment home address so could I unlock my DS260 or what can I do ?
No, you don't need to unlock DS260 just to change your address in the US. You can change the address at the interview, or on Port of Entry when you arrive in the USA.

Hi! I read a comment, in one Brit`s video on July 28, 2021: “I have inside information from my embassy that they will contact KCC once DQ.”
How the Embassy knows when someone is DQ?

KCC is the only one that defines whether a case is DQ or not? And is KCC the one who contact the Embassy?

I don´t understand.

Thanks for your respond
1- i talked to one of best emigration agents here but it seems there is not a clear answer to my situation and seems it depends on CO.
i don't know what does formal means exactly in education courses but lessons are exactly same as what i studied before in age 18 and we do exams beside normal students of normal schools and in the presence of a caretaker. difference is that we read the books at home.

- after 11 years studing we get high school diploma certificate and can work as a high school diploma worker

- 12th year is not exactly required for university entrance. it's complicated. i could enter university with my 11 years high school diploma.
difference is in field of studies and universities.

2- i thoughts adult education is not a problem. because in our educational system, adults(who passed 8 years of education before) also study same lessons as teenages and it takes 3 years for a adult high school diploma and 1 year pre-university degree after that
for your question: pre-university is a seperated educational center, it has a certificate seperated of high school (of course educational system changed and now it becomes a part of high school)

3- no, my job zone is 3

Sorry for my bad English
Thanks again for your respond
Ok it does seem quite complicated. Are there forums you can go on to see how successful past DV winners in similar situations were? From what you’ve said, and in the absence of clear yes or no answers from others, if I were you and if I could afford it I would probably take the chance to go to interview, while recognizing the risk of rejection.

Hi! I read a comment, in one Brit`s video on July 28, 2021: “I have inside information from my embassy that they will contact KCC once DQ.”
How the Embassy knows when someone is DQ?

KCC is the only one that defines whether a case is DQ or not? And is KCC the one who contact the Embassy?

I don´t understand.
Yes, KCC is the one that decides on DQ. I doubt the embassy was talking about a specific case, they cannot pick and choose who to interview from who is DQ. Remember KCC and the embassies are in regular contact, the embassies will know that X number of DQ cases are current and awaiting interview slots. Nothing mysterious or “inside information“ needed about this. Once they tell KCC they have Y number of slots available, KCC will allocate slots according to the list of available appointments they get from the embasssy. That’s why you get the 2NL from KCC and not the embassy.

Ok it does seem quite complicated. Are there forums you can go on to see how successful past DV winners in similar situations were? From what you’ve said, and in the absence of clear yes or no answers from others, if I were you and if I could afford it I would probably take the chance to go to interview, while recognizing the risk of rejection.
there is a forum but also not clear answer and that forum is deactive since 2018. there was a few people (like 3 or 4) in several years with a situation like me (but not exactly of course), one of them issued and one of them refused and other didn't respond anymore after interview.

And yes, i will go to interview (if they call my CN) and try my chance.

Thank you again

Hi
Just one question
Does the travel ban conserne dv winners, can they travel with the six month visa?
Thanks

Hi

I’m dv2022 selectee CN= AS109xx from Iran

I have a question about my high school diploma. My education situation is:

• 1- academic high school(maths) in 11 years of education - degree (in my country is High school diploma) (age 17)
  • 2- academic pre-university (it’s 1 year education) – not degree (passed 9 lessons and failed 3 lessons in exams) (age 18)
  • 3- academic distance-learning pre-university – degree (passed 3 lessons that was failed in past) (age 30)
  • 4- university - not degree (passed a few lessons 4 years ago)
for us, pre-university degree is equivalent to US high school diploma

my pre-university certificate is like a normal certificate except that my school name is Distance-learning pre-university school (unfortunately I didn’t know that distance learning is a problem in time of submitting for dv lottery)

1st question: am I eligible for dv visa?(i almost know that i'm not, asked for making sure)

2nd: if I successfully get another pre-university degree in an academic adult pre-university school before interview does it help? (I can get it till February)

3rd: do u have any suggestion?

Thanks for your patience and answer
Hello!

Here's the document from Turkey's US embassy on instructions for DV Lottery winners:
tr.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/91/DV-Instructions-EN.pdf

Since Iranians generally go there for their interviews, it also contains specific instructions for Iranians. The file is for the DV2016 entrants and I couldn't find a newer one. If anyone can find a newer one please share.

As it mentions in the middle of page 2, completion of year 12 is only asked of those who graduated after the year 2012 (Iranian year 1391). Based on your timeline, it looks like you graduated long before that so I think you're most likely fine (at least in terms of this issue).

DS260----

Course of Study: ACADEMIC

Degree or Diploma: BACHILLER EN CIENCIAS

---- its ok o es

Is it ok, or is it necessary to write it in English? : High School

my diploma says ,BACHILLER EN CIENCIAS , it is equal a high scool.

DS260----

Course of Study: ACADEMIC

Degree or Diploma: BACHILLER EN CIENCIAS

---- its ok o es

Is it ok, or is it necessary to write it in English? : High School

my diploma says ,BACHILLER EN CIENCIAS , it is equal a high scool.
DS260 instructions are to answer all questions in English.

Hello!

Here's the document from Turkey's US embassy on instructions for DV Lottery winners:
tr.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/91/DV-Instructions-EN.pdf

Since Iranians generally go there for their interviews, it also contains specific instructions for Iranians. The file is for the DV2016 entrants and I couldn't find a newer one. If anyone can find a newer one please share.

As it mentions in the middle of page 2, completion of year 12 is only asked of those who graduated after the year 2012 (Iranian year 1391). Based on your timeline, it looks like you graduated long before that so I think you're most likely fine (at least in terms of this issue).
Thank you very much, that's a good news for me... yea i'm graduated high school in 2000

hello
write an email to KCC about change interview location need i mention exact embassy city name/location? because US embassy in my country does not provide any immigrant visa,
for immigrant visa interview we need to go our neighbour country.
thanks in advance.

hello
write an email to KCC about change interview location need i mention exact embassy city name/location? because US embassy in my country does not provide any immigrant visa,
for immigrant visa interview we need to go our neighbour country.
thanks in advance.
KCC will assign you the correct embassy based on your listed current address.