CSC Oct-Nov 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

2 I-140s for one Labor

Hi all

Maybe this question have been asked before but could not find it easily. My I-140 is approved in March (EB3). Seeing the visa dates for EB2( my PD Dec. 2002) is it possible for me to file another I-140 in EB2 for the same labor? Does is affect the first approved I-140 in any way?
The lawyer did not file in EB2 before because he said that I did not have EB2 salary at the time LC was filed (though I had BS+ 5 years) so he did not want to take chance of RFE. Well... I did not get any RFEs for EB3.
So is it worthwhile to spend money on another I-140? As long long my first I-140 is not affected where is the harm?
Gurus, pls comment

thanks in advance

dhm2002

Case approved!

I just got an e-mail notification that my case that was transferred from CSC in March has been approved. My RD at CSC was 10/31, transferred on 3/22.

Looks like TSC is going fast...good luck everyone!!

dhm2002 said:
Hi all

Maybe this question have been asked before but could not find it easily. My I-140 is approved in March (EB3). Seeing the visa dates for EB2( my PD Dec. 2002) is it possible for me to file another I-140 in EB2 for the same labor? Does is affect the first approved I-140 in any way?
The lawyer did not file in EB2 before because he said that I did not have EB2 salary at the time LC was filed (though I had BS+ 5 years) so he did not want to take chance of RFE. Well... I did not get any RFEs for EB3.
So is it worthwhile to spend money on another I-140? As long long my first I-140 is not affected where is the harm?
Gurus, pls comment

thanks in advance

dhm2002

Mine 2..

GotGC?? said:
I just got an e-mail notification that my case that was transferred from CSC in March has been approved. My RD at CSC was 10/31, transferred on 3/22.

Looks like TSC is going fast...good luck everyone!!

same here..my case was approved on april 6,2006 and was transferred to texas on March 21st..

Electronic vs. paper

Someone in my company was telling me that his I-140 was filed electronically? I know there is a paper option to file it.

Does this dis-order of application processing sequence have any link to that? I am thinking e-filed applications might get processed faster for obvious reasons...

Just a speculation.

perm_faq said:
Now, I think you guys are realizing of what I had posted earlier. Let me repeat that again here: USCIS should have published their policy of how they are going to work on the "transferred" cases? would they follow "already established RD/ND scheme"? or they just go with the order what they have got from CSC. So we don't know ... that part of it. But, it is really bad practice that, they work on new cases first and throw the old cases out last. They are few guys in this forum like, nikedude, catwoman, newbie, perm_faq we all have same RD/ND in September... and we don't know when we will get the approvals. We saw approvals for October cases. That means... where are those September cases? Anyways... there is nothing we can do about it, rather than waiting for it...

nikedude, catwoman, newbie:
Any update, yet?

written response from TSC after transferral

Hi, did you receive written response from TSC after I140 was transferred there?

My online status says it was transferred to TSC on 03/21/2006 and "You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office."

But I haven't received any notice, either email or snail mail. Asking my lawyer, who's answer is typically nonchalant, telling me that all cases in CSC are moved to TSC.

EB3, RD: 11/03/2005, ND: 11/07/2005

Same case.

cmc13210 said:
Hi, did you receive written response from TSC after I140 was transferred there?

My online status says it was transferred to TSC on 03/21/2006 and "You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office."

But I haven't received any notice, either email or snail mail. Asking my lawyer, who's answer is typically nonchalant, telling me that all cases in CSC are moved to TSC.

EB3, RD: 11/03/2005, ND: 11/07/2005

My lawyer hasn't received the transfer notice for I140 via snail mail either.
I am hoping the online status message that says its transferred confirms the transfer. Isn't that the case?

maith said:
I am hoping the online status message that says its transferred confirms the transfer. Isn't that the case?

Yu gonna have to check with your attorney.
I received mine 4 days after the notice...
let me check...
Notice 22nd : received 27th

I did check with my attorney

juntha said:
Yu gonna have to check with your attorney.
I received mine 4 days after the notice...
let me check...
Notice 22nd : received 27th[/QUOTE

Thanks for your response. I did check with my attorney a few times and they said they hadn't got a notice. But its ok if I got the update via email.

maith said:

I hope so. I hope mine did not get lost during the process.

Will wait for 1 more week and if nothing happens, will try to call the phone number in the transfer notice.

Good luck to all of us.

Service Center Processing Times ?

Still not published? I thought it will be published around this time. Any idea folks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Phone number on transfer notice doesn't exist

cmc13210 said:
I hope so. I hope mine did not get lost during the process.

Will wait for 1 more week and if nothing happens, will try to call the phone number in the transfer notice.

Good luck to all of us.

Hey, I had called the no on the transfer notice a while ago, it does not exist :(
Let me know if you do get through.

maith said:
Hey, I had called the no on the transfer notice a while ago, it does not exist :(
Let me know if you do get through.

My employer confirmed, she received the I-140 transfer notice by mail about 4-5 days after I received transfer email.

I-140 Approved

What a great way to begin a day. I checked my email today morning and found an email from USCIS in my inbox. My I-140 got approved today.

Category: EB3
Applied I-140 on 11/02/2005;
Receipt date: 11/07/2005

The long wait to adjust the status by filling I485 begins today.

Cheers

retro_virus said:
What a great way to begin a day. I checked my email today morning and found an email from USCIS in my inbox. My I-140 got approved today.

Category: EB3
Applied I-140 on 11/02/2005;
Receipt date: 11/07/2005

The long wait to adjust the status by filling I485 begins today.

Cheers

congratulations!!!