CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

My attorney didn't ask for these documents and so I didn't submit following items:

-A copy of your driver’s license or state ID, if any.
-A copy of your most recent FEDERAL tax return, with all schedules, W-2s, and 1099s. Be sure to SIGN the return before copying.
-jointly filed tax returns;
-recent statements for jointly held bank/credit card accounts;
-lease/deed for real estate/housing in the name of both you and your spouse;

Is this going to be an issue? Let me know.

[/QUOTE]

gc_sparrow said:
This is what you need:
----------------------
-Medical exam and vaccination supplement from an USCIS-Approved Physician. Please take your vaccination records with you. The results of the medical exam must remain sealed for submission with your adjustment application(s).

-Ten (10) photos taken at an experienced immigration/passport photo shop. (Six (6) photos for children under 15).
-A copy of your official birth certificate. NOTE: birth certificates must contain name, date of birth, place of birth, and names of BOTH parents.
-A copy of your official marriage certificate, if any.
-A copy of your most recent FEDERAL tax return, with all schedules, W-2s, and 1099s. Be sure to SIGN the return before copying.
-Clear, dark copy of your most recent Form I-94, front and back.
-Copies of documents to show that you have maintained lawful status since you began living in the U.S.
Please submit copies of all applicable documents in the following list:
-Clear, dark, copies of your current and expired passports (all pages, including identification pages and all blank pages);
-The I-797 Approval Notices for EVERY previously approved employment petition.

- If you have been married for less than two years and your spouse is not a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident, evidence that you have a “real and genuine” marriage, such as:
-birth certificates of any children born of your union;
-phone/utility bills in the name of both you and your spouse;
-insurance documents showing either party as the named beneficiary of the other;

* All documents submitted to the USCIS must be in English or accompanied by a signed, certified English translation. See memorandum with details on translation certification

dkgdkg said:
My attorney didn't ask for these documents and so I didn't submit following items:

Is this going to be an issue? Let me know.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out. Eventhough I provided a copy of DL (driver license), my attorney said he doesn't need it. He submitted the latest individual tax return (not signed, not certified though). He also submitted a copy of the last 6-month's bank statement. Eeventhough I provided the original he used the copies instead. he also send out company 'Annual Wage report' rather than company's 'tax return'. That makes me nervous...

I guess bank statements, property deeds, stocks is needed when there is a dependent filing with you and basically you need to show that you have enough backup to financially back the dependent(s). If dependents have income that make things much easier.

tantan said:
People, please update the Xls file (or the text file) while updating your status. That would be a great help on tracking individuals' status. Thanks.

I've updated my info. I know case was filed in Aug-12-2005. Receipt date is not yet available from my attorney. As soon as I get this date, I'll update here.

biometrics appointment!!

I recd. official RDs and they have been updated in my signature. Called for appointments and the earliest date is October!!!

Ray S. said:
Does anybody know how long after applying for 140/485 can we make sure the case has a valid visa number since after september there is a possibility of retrogression, am trying to apply for 140/485 this month.

Thanks

You will be assigned Visa Number when your case is ready to get approved if PD is current of your case at that time.

EB-2 probably will retrogress in Jan next year.. Before then your case might have been approved already !!

nother1inline said:
I recd. official RDs and they have been updated in my signature. Called for appointments and the earliest date is October!!!

Go for Early FP

Thanks for pointing that out. Eventhough I provided a copy of DL (driver license), my attorney said he doesn't need it. He submitted the latest individual tax return (not signed, not certified though). He also submitted a copy of the last 6-month's bank statement. Eeventhough I provided the original he used the copies instead. he also send out company 'Annual Wage report' rather than company's 'tax return'. That makes me nervous...

I guess bank statements, property deeds, stocks is needed when there is a dependent filing with you and basically you need to show that you have enough backup to financially back the dependent(s). If dependents have income that make things much easier.[/QUOTE]

I remember my attorney told me that my income is sufficient enough to support my spouse. Form I-134 listed only my annual salary. It had $0 for deeds, stocks and other stuffs. I got that attested by a notary and submitted that form. If these documents are required for proof of income to support dependents, I think I'm fine. Otherwise, I'll wait for my lawyer to get back to me.

Thanks.

nope

no. visa #s get consumed only at the very final stages of 485. you can apply for all the 485s you want. you'll get squat if there are no visa #s.

Ray S. said:
Does being allowed to apply for 485 mean that a visa number has been assigned at the time of applying for the 485?

did you get FP biometrics appointment along with your RD ?

Or are you planning to get biometrics done unsolicitedly ?

If you got the FP notice, its rather fast isnt it (going by other posts) ?

nother1inline said:

Ray S. said:
"Priority Date Must Be Current
In order to file the I-485 the priority date must be current. If the priority date is not current when the I-140 is filed, but becomes current at some later time prior to approval, the I-485 can be filed at that time."

Does being allowed to apply for 485 mean that a visa number has been assigned at the time of applying for the 485?
A# is visa number or something else? B'coz I do have A# mentioned in all the receipts I140/485/131

qwerty1111 said:
Or are you planning to get biometrics done unsolicitedly ?

If you got the FP notice, its rather fast isnt it (going by other posts) ?
In the receipt, it does mention that if its a I-485 receipt, then call the NSC for Biometrics appointment which includes(FP,Photo and Signature).....

yes and yes. ac21 is applicable irrespective of whether visa #s are available or not. In fact, one of the main intents of ac21 is to alleviate the hardship on employees incurred by retrogression

Ray S. said:
does that mean such cases where visa numbers are not assigned cannot leave their employer even after 140 approval/6 months 485? what is DOLs view on such concurrent filing that is allowed but 485 might not have a visa number? is portability applicable under AC21 for such applicants?

qwerty1111 said:
how long did it take for your 140/485 receipt to come. i.e. what date did your lawyer send them to CSC ?
Sent by Fedex on Aug-11, RD as per Fedex Aug-12, ND Aug 15. I received the copies from lawyer today, Aug 22. Don't know, when did the lawyer recevied from USCIS?

simranb said:
In the receipt, it does mention that if its a I-485 receipt, then call the NSC for Biometrics appointment which includes(FP,Photo and Signature).....

Yes, that's what I did - it is not unsolicited