CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Got receipt

My lawyer got receipt of I-140/I-485. Lawyer send documents on Aug 4.

Do I have to do anything to receive FP notice ? My lawyer told me that I'll receive FP notice from USCIS. But from this thread seems like you can call USCIS for FP appointment. Is it true ?

Thanks

Hi LCA-01,
Can you please tell when did your lawyer receive the receipts.
Also can you update the excel attachment going on with PD & ND.
Raj.

LCA - 01 said:

Do I have to do anything to receive FP notice ? My lawyer told me that I'll receive FP notice from USCIS. But from this thread seems like you can call USCIS for FP appointment. Is it true ?

Thanks

Thank you gc_Sparrow. Small queries please

Ten (10) photos taken at an experienced immigration/passport photo shop-- Is there any side pose photo also need to sent? My friend said, he sent side pose passport photo also. But he asked me to check with current rules

Also, copies of tax returns, Marks list etc. need to be certified/notarized or just copies will work?

Thank you so much for the list and really it helped.

gc_sparrow said:
This is what you need:
----------------------
-Medical exam and vaccination supplement from an USCIS-Approved Physician. Please take your vaccination records with you. The results of the medical exam must remain sealed for submission with your adjustment application(s).

-Ten (10) photos taken at an experienced immigration/passport photo shop. (Six (6) photos for children under 15).
-A copy of your official birth certificate. NOTE: birth certificates must contain name, date of birth, place of birth, and names of BOTH parents.
-A copy of your driver’s license or state ID, if any.
-A copy of your official marriage certificate, if any.
-A copy of your most recent FEDERAL tax return, with all schedules, W-2s, and 1099s. Be sure to SIGN the return before copying.
-Clear, dark copy of your most recent Form I-94, front and back.
-Copies of documents to show that you have maintained lawful status since you began living in the U.S.
Please submit copies of all applicable documents in the following list:
-Clear, dark, copies of your current and expired passports (all pages, including identification pages and all blank pages);
-The I-797 Approval Notices for EVERY previously approved employment petition.

- If you have been married for less than two years and your spouse is not a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident, evidence that you have a “real and genuine” marriage, such as:
-birth certificates of any children born of your union;
-jointly filed tax returns;
-recent statements for jointly held bank/credit card accounts;
-phone/utility bills in the name of both you and your spouse;
-lease/deed for real estate/housing in the name of both you and your spouse;
-insurance documents showing either party as the named beneficiary of the other;

* All documents submitted to the USCIS must be in English or accompanied by a signed, certified English translation. See memorandum with details on translation certification

nother1inline said:
I guess you mean "go for the earliest available date"? There's nothing till 4th October! Is that your experience also or did you get a "much" earlier date?

No.. Early FP means, schedule a date (what ever is available - Oct/Nov).. USCIS will send you a letter confirming your appointment. Once you get the letter, go to ASC the next day & tell them you might have to travel during th appointment date Can I do this today instead ?.. If they are free they will allow you to do that (95% of times as per reported on this forum they allows early FP if they are not busy that day)

LCA - 01 said:

Thanks

You should have a number to call in your 485 receipt notice for the appointment. Per my lawyer they have changed the process and include the number in the receipt notice of I485 unlike before August!

Can the guys who have called for FP appnts. indicate the timeframes they are getting appnts. for?

nother1inline said:
You should have a number to call in your 485 receipt notice for the appointment. Per my lawyer they have changed the process and include the number in the receipt notice of I485 unlike before August!

Can the guys who have called for FP appnts. indicate the timeframes they are getting appnts. for?

I don't have any information/Phone Number in my I-485 receipt about scheduling FP.

Also do you see all of your cases online ? I could not find my I-140 status.

gp111 said:
No.. Early FP means, schedule a date (what ever is available - Oct/Nov).. USCIS will send you a letter confirming your appointment. Once you get the letter, go to ASC the next day & tell them you might have to travel during th appointment date Can I do this today instead ?.. If they are free they will allow you to do that (95% of times as per reported on this forum they allows early FP if they are not busy that day)

Hmm...interesting - what date did you get? Also, within how many days can I expect the letter confirming the appnt.?

FP notice

I think there is lot of confusion about FP notice. As I understand the process has changed from this month. In older process you would receive FP notice from USCIS and you have to go for FP on a date mentioned in notice

In new process you have to call USCIS number mentioned in your I-485 receipt to schedule a FP. Then you can do "early FP" mentioned by gp111.

Can nother1inline, simranb , gp111 or other gurus comment on this ?

Can you guys (who schedule FP by calling number mentioned in I-485 notice) also provide snippet from I-485 receipt where they have mention about FP appointment ?

Thanks

gp111 said:
I don't have any information/Phone Number in my I-485 receipt about scheduling FP.

I don't see any info/phone-number in my I-485 either. Is that suppossed to be at the front side or back. The attorney has given me only the front copy.

I can see all my applications online.

gp111 said:

All my cases pull up online but theire receipt date online says Aug 13th!! (whatever!). Obviously, the name doesn't pull up but the case type seems to match the WAC number, so I'm assuming everything is in order!

As for the FP notice not being on your receipt notice, I think your notice was July 29th so I guess you missed it by 2 days.

LCA - 01 said:
I think there is lot of confusion about FP notice. As I understand the process has changed from this month. In older process you would receive FP notice from USCIS and you have to go for FP on a date mentioned in notice

In new process you have to call USCIS number mentioned in your I-485 receipt to schedule a FP. Then you can do "early FP" mentioned by gp111.

Can nother1inline, simranb , gp111 or other gurus comment on this ?

Can you guys (who schedule FP by calling number mentioned in I-485 notice) also provide snippet from I-485 receipt where they have mention about FP appointment ?

Thanks

Yes, I think (based on my lawyer's input) that this is true.

basically it says something like " if this is a receipt notice for I485, please call an 800 number to schedule an appointment. We cannot do certain things without you scheduling/showing up for this appointment". This is under a head of Biometrics appointment.

Ray S. said:
If I apply for my 140/485 this month will my 485 application be accepted if september month is hit by EB2 retrogression? is it a race against time at this point for applicants like me? am concerned about my situation hopefully my attorney will finish all the papers by this month.

Does receiving a 485 receipt mean that the 485 has been accepted for adj. of status?

1. NO CHANCES OF EB-2 RETROGRESSION In Sept, as Sept Visa Bulletin is already out with EB-2 Current for Sept 2005.
(http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2616.html)

2. There will be new quota available from Oct 2005, so again EB-2 Retrogression may not happen till Dec 2005.
(http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_081105.html) as per Murthy.com
"The DOS also anticipates that cut-off dates will be established for Employment Based First Preference (EB1) and EB2 cases for mainland China and India no later than December 2005. Therefore, for nationals of China and India, if a case is eligible for I-485 filing at this time, it is important to proceed, before cut-off dates are established for these countries. Eligibility after the cut-off dates are established will depend upon one's priority date"

3. 485 receipt means your case has been accepted for processing, you will be getting EAD/AP if applied & will be eligible for AC-21.

hi,
their was no official publication about the change in FP's. was their any ????
still waiting for receipts from my lawyer : (
Raj.

GP/Gurus

Need your suggestion.
My case was skipped recently for April28 labor.
1 case was approved for my company for same date.

If i plan to substitute the labor for myself.

Q... :confused:

Since EB3 is retrogressed - should i wait for it to open in October??

Will the labor substitution stoppage implemented immediately?

Should i go for Non-Concurrent filing immediately??

What do you guys suggest??

Thanks for any input..

cavenkat said:
Ten (10) photos taken at an experienced immigration/passport photo shop-- Is there any side pose photo also need to sent? My friend said, he sent side pose passport photo also. But he asked me to check with current rules
-------No side photo requirement

Also, copies of tax returns, Marks list etc. need to be certified/notarized or just copies will work?

--------Just Copies are OK.

Thank you so much for the list and really it helped.

LC sub I140 questions

I just gave my lawyer my papers for LC sub(i believe 750 B). I am substituting on an LC with PD March 2002 in EB3 category. He is going to file the I140.

here are couple of questions i have.

1. How long does it take to get the I140 approved?
2. When can i expect a receipt notice for I140
3. When can i file by I485?
4. When can i file my EAD and advance parole.
5. I hear the visa numbers open up in October, can i file my 485/EAD and AP as soon as it opens up(basing on the orginal LC's PD which is march 2002)?

Guru's please advise

thnx in advance