CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

nother1inline,

Did you schedule your FP by calling number mentioned in I-485 receipt ? What date did you get for FP? I haven't received receipt from my lawyer yet :(

Thanks

1800 # please

what is the 1800 number ?

nother1inline said:
Yes, I think (based on my lawyer's input) that this is true.

basically it says something like " if this is a receipt notice for I485, please call an 800 number to schedule an appointment. We cannot do certain things without you scheduling/showing up for this appointment". This is under a head of Biometrics appointment.

LCA - 01 said:
nother1inline,

Did you schedule your FP by calling number mentioned in I-485 receipt ? What date did you get for FP? I haven't received receipt from my lawyer yet :(

Thanks

1st week of October!

LCA - 01 said:
I think there is lot of confusion about FP notice. As I understand the process has changed from this month. In older process you would receive FP notice from USCIS and you have to go for FP on a date mentioned in notice

In new process you have to call USCIS number mentioned in your I-485 receipt to schedule a FP. Then you can do "early FP" mentioned by gp111.

Can nother1inline, simranb , gp111 or other gurus comment on this ?

Can you guys (who schedule FP by calling number mentioned in I-485 notice) also provide snippet from I-485 receipt where they have mention about FP appointment ?

Thanks
Even the NCS CS people aren't aware of this change. She was asking for the ASC# which was not there in the receipt. Then she put me on hold for 2-3 minutes. Later she asked for my A# and started the procedure to fix an appointment. Looks like its effective from Aug 01.
Calling number is of USCIS NSC

Hi Folks
IS THIS information on scheduling fingerprints +biometrics on your own confirmed ?
Is it supported by any link indicating that this process has been changed ?
what data is required to actually make the appointment in this new process ?

Update my info!!

Nice to see you Gp111, Ray.s in this forum. Can anyone update my info on the XL spreadsheet. My XL is crashing for some strange reason. My RD date for I140/485/I765/I131 are Aug 17th. Have not received any notice from CSC yet. Thanks...

simranb said:
I got first available biometrics appointment on Sept 29.

I just called NSCIS to schedule the appointment but the CS said I need the ASC#and she is not aware of the change. And I could not make it. Anyone else tried?

stan01 said:
I just called NSCIS to schedule the appointment but the CS said I need the ASC#and she is not aware of the change. And I could not make it. Anyone else tried?

I don't think we can schedule with out the FP notice.
Please check out this link
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/ascs/asc.htm
where it clearly says in Bold Red
"Please be sure you have been scheduled to appear for fingerprinting by letter. Do not appear for fingerprinting without an appointment letter."

navdod said:
I don't think we can schedule with out the FP notice.
Please check out this link
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/ascs/asc.htm
where it clearly says in Bold Red
"Please be sure you have been scheduled to appear for fingerprinting by letter. Do not appear for fingerprinting without an appointment letter."
Guys,
To me it looks like a new procedure which is clearly written on the I485 receipt notice. If your receipts says that you should call for the biometrics appointment then please do else you should wait for the FP notice. Also looks like its effective from Aug 05. Just my 2c

pklam said:
Nice to see you Gp111, Ray.s in this forum. Can anyone update my info on the XL spreadsheet. My XL is crashing for some strange reason. My RD date for I140/485/I765/I131 are Aug 17th. Have not received any notice from CSC yet. Thanks...

I'll add you up and update the spread sheet... Thanks for updating your status.

simranb said:
Guys,
To me it looks like a new procedure which is clearly written on the I485 receipt notice. If your receipts says that you should call for the biometrics appointment then please do else you should wait for the FP notice. Also looks like its effective from Aug 05. Just my 2c

It could be nationality dependent.

tantan said:
It could be nationality dependent.

I don't think you specifically have to ask them if the process has changed. As Simran pointed out, your receipt notice should ask you to call. Even then they ask for ASC # but you can handle it with the A# and your address.

If we see someone with RD beyond 8/1 (or 8/5 as per Simran) who doesn't have the FP notice instructions in the receipt notice then maybe we can throw the change theroy out and go with Tantan's!

Listen up folks,

I just realized that my attorney is a genius. He has sent out a copy of my last 6 months’ paystubs as the only evidence for ability to pay, no tax return neither annual wage report! Having said that, I expect to get a RFE on my I-140. I wonder if I can send an amendment (company’s annual wage report) now rather than waiting for the RFE at the cost of having my case torn apart in two pieces? That potentially adds more delay, right? Any comment?

-----------------------------
tantan wrote:

Filed I-140/485/131/765 on Fri Jul 29 USPS. Recieved at CSC on Aug 1.
CA, EB-2, PERM, myself+dependent. Got the notice today.

Hi Tantan,
Is it possible to apply all these (I-140/485/131/765) together for EB3 ? My labor got approved on May 23rd. Got approved notice 10th Aug. I've not applied I140 yet.

Thanks in advance.

hdotcom said:
-----------------------------

Is it possible to apply all these (I-140/485/131/765) together for EB3 ? My labor got approved on May 23rd. Got approved notice 10th Aug. I've not applied I140 yet.

Thanks in advance.

No. You will have to wait till OCT 01, 2005 for filing I-485/765/131 when new Visa Numbers will be available for EB-3. If you are from India / China then you may have to wait more after Oct-05 depending on your PD.

simranb said:
Guys,

Is that written on Front Side of the Receipt or Back side ??

Paperwork requirement and filing question

Two questions:

1) For the I-485, the documents that are required would be for myself and my spouse... am I correct (e.g. birth certificate, medical and the alike) - since both people are getting their status adjusted.

2) Also is it for sure that we can apply for I-485/765/131 on Oct 01,2005? Or will this be finally announced in the September bulletin? I am not from India/China.....

Thanks alot.

gp111 said:
No. You will have to wait till OCT 01, 2005 for filing I-485/765/131 when new Visa Numbers will be available for EB-3. If you are from India / China then you may have to wait more after Oct-05 depending on your PD.