CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

arbit007 said:
Hi folks
I got actual hard copy of my i485 receipts (nd 4th august) from lawyer
theres no mention of scheduling fingerprints anywhere on front side
also checked i765 notice and couldnt find anything for fingerprints
Maybe this change is applicable from later Notice date as someone already pointed out
Any new applicants, if you can check i-485 receipt notices and post if you are asked to schedule finger prints on your own I would appreciate it

I got he receipt for I-485 ND August 15th It as mentioned on all Receipts like If this receipt is for I-90, I-485 and I698 Application
Biometric - (fingerprint, photo signature)
Next step is to have your biometrics taken at USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) call 1-800-xxx-xxxx

Based on my observation, all those whose ND is on or after 8/15 are getting the instructions for scheduling the Biometric. Hope this will help accelarate the processing (atleast I-140, since their is a rule saying I-140 will not be adjudicated until 485 is ready).

sfoguy said:
Hi,

Can some one please let me know name of doctors who do medical exams, tests etc. for less than $150 dollars in bay area, california..........

thanks

Just look-up the civil-surgeons for your area at this site: http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp
The average is about $150 for the medical examination. Note that the blood-tests and vaccination shots are extra. In my case it worked out to a total of $700 for 2 people.

Last edited by a moderator:
GP111 & other gurus - please comment

I filed my LC application about 2.5 years back and am expecting approval from Backlog elimination center in next 3-4 months.

Here's the question. The my LC application discussion clearly mentions that the position requires BS + 1 year experience - meaning it will be accepted only if it is a EB3 140 application. But I do have a MS degree from US and 1 year previous experience in another company. So I was thinking of filing 2 I140 applications one in EB2 and another in EB3. And since I'll be filing EB2 - I'll be allowed to file 485 too (assuming EB2 category does not retrogress to 2002).

The main purpose here is to get EAD which my spouse badly needs. I know that in above scenario I140 EB2 application will be rejected, but then I'll have another EB3 I140 application to fall back on.

Guys - is the above thing do-able? Do you know anyone who has done it, or have spoken to your attorneys who have done this? Am I taking any risk for my 485/overall GC application by following the above path?

The above question is really cruical for my family. I really appreciate you guys valuable inputs.

Thanks.

FingerPrinting

arbit007 said:
Hi folks
I got actual hard copy of my i485 receipts (nd 4th august) from lawyer
theres no mention of scheduling fingerprints anywhere on front side
also checked i765 notice and couldnt find anything for fingerprints
Maybe this change is applicable from later Notice date as someone already pointed out
Any new applicants, if you can check i-485 receipt notices and post if you are asked to schedule finger prints on your own I would appreciate it

I got the original receipt notices and it does mention that if this receipt is for I485 the next step is to have the biometrics taken and to call 1-800-xxx-xxxx to schedule an appointment.

Civil surgeon

global_goonda said:
Just look-up the civil-surgeons for your area at this site: http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp
The average is about $150 for the medical examination. Note that the blood-tests and vaccination shots are extra. In my case it worked out to a total of $700 for 2 people.

I paid $360 for 2 people in bay area. The doctor was reasonable and was very quick in getting the results. He's open even on saturdays and gave me an appointment next day itself. Send me a PM if you are interested.

hi,
Can anyone find with your lawyer how different is this Biometrics from FP. Will those who get their Biometrics done, will receive the FP notices again ?
Raj.

EAD & AP Approved

AP & EAD Approved :) today for me & my spouse. Latest Status says "Card Ordered".

No FP notice yet !

updated the excel sheet.

Congrt!!

GP,

I had same RD and ND of I-140, but EB3. When I can get 1-140 approval?

Last edited by a moderator:
gp111 said:
AP & EAD Approved :) today for me & my spouse. Latest Status says "Card Ordered".

No FP notice yet !

updated the excel sheet.

Congratulations! 27-days since ND... Yoohoo...

gp111 said:

No FP notice yet !

updated the excel sheet.

Congrats GP. Did you find this online or from lawyer? I was under the (wrong) impression that AP and EAD are approved after FP!!

Also, the case status showing online (http://immigration.com/frame/nationalprfr.html) are for dates earlier than yours - is there some place else where the dates are updated?

nother1inline said:
Congrats GP. Did you find this online or from lawyer? I was under the (wrong) impression that AP and EAD are approved after FP!!

Also, the case status showing online (http://immigration.com/frame/nationalprfr.html) are for dates earlier than yours - is there some place else where the dates are updated?

Online..

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do;jsessionid=a_2Ny-Eo9DP-

Actually I got email(s) this morning from my online account about EAD got approved on 08/27/05 & Card ware ordered on 08/29/05. Also AP got approved on 08/29/05.

Haven't you created your online account ?
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp;jsessionid=aca5c8hxVrSc

shahramt said:
Does CSC process AP/EAD based on ND or PD?
My ND is July 27th and no decision yet.

Processing is based on ND. Cases are processed in batches with individual Certifying officers. Once your CO will reach your case (which should be very soon) you will receive EAD & AP.

gp111 said:
Online..

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do;jsessionid=a_2Ny-Eo9DP-

Actually I got email(s) this morning from my online account about EAD got approved on 08/27/05 & Card ware ordered on 08/29/05. Also AP got approved on 08/29/05.

Haven't you created your online account ?
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp;jsessionid=aca5c8hxVrSc

Thanks man. Yes, I have created an account for my cases. But the processing dates currently shown online have a post date of Aug 18th so maybe there's a current version of it somewhere - do you know where?

gp111 said:

No FP notice yet !

updated the excel sheet.
Great, Congrats for the first set of approvals.
BTW, in the email, did it say that your I131 and I765 petition is approved or there was some generic message.

simranb said:
Great, Congrats for the first set of approvals.
BTW, in the email, did it say that your I131 and I765 petition is approved or there was some generic message.

Here is one of the email

To: **********@gmail.com
Date: Aug 29, 2005 10:45 AM
Subject: Case Status Information for Receipt Number: WAC052165****

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAC052165****

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On August 27, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)