CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

nutcracker1978 said:
Two questions:

1) For the I-485, the documents that are required would be for myself and my spouse... am I correct (e.g. birth certificate, medical and the alike) - since both people are getting their status adjusted.

YES, But you only need copies of BC, Passport, I-94 and Marriage Certificate for Spouse Case

2) Also is it for sure that we can apply for I-485/765/131 on Oct 01,2005? Or will this be finally announced in the September bulletin? I am not from India/China....

Yes. & That will be announced in OCT Bulletin.

Thanks alot.

Quick question

I am seeing many posts about the ability to pay etc. - My lawyer hasn't sent any pay stub to INS and someone suggested that "definitely" leads to RFE!!. They did, however, send the annual report of the company - I guess for that purpose - any expert views?

AP approved !

Just got an e-mail from USCIS that my AP is approved...here are the details:

EB2-Sub-Concurrent filling date RD 07/20 - AP approved 08/23

I got am e-mail from my laywers that they have sent my I140 , I485 Application to the CSC yesterday by FEDEX

I am adding my details to the spreadsheet.

gc_sparrow said:
Just got an e-mail from USCIS that my AP is approved...here are the details:

EB2-Sub-Concurrent filling date RD 07/20 - AP approved 08/23

That's in 1 month but more importantly any news on EAD? I heard its contingent on FP! Is that true?

fp questions

Anyone knows the difference between EAD finger print and 485 finger print?

I recieve the reciept from lawyer, my ND is 08/04/2005. There is no line saying I need to call for a fp appointment.

I efiled EAD yesterday, ( I didn't do that with I140/I485). The EAD reciept printed online instructs that I must call BCIS to schedule the appointment. The earlist available date is Oct 3rd when I called today.

Interesting thing is, would I recieve another fp notice for the pending I485?

Thanks everyone. Good luck.

sounds like FP policy has changed. Is it the same in other service centers as well ?

updated list:

I-140 Form Submission: error

I-140 form has a field for I-94 number. I filled in the I-94 I obtained while coming to US last time.
BUT I got the H1B renewal afterwards, and the new H1B approval has another I-94 attached at the bottom.
I dont know what is correct... what should I do. Please help.

MA001

MA001 said:
I-140 form has a field for I-94 number. I filled in the I-94 I obtained while coming to US last time.
BUT I got the H1B renewal afterwards, and the new H1B approval has another I-94 attached at the bottom.

MA001
Check again. The I-94 on the H1B renewal should the same as the one you entered with. I'm not really sure which one is the right one if they both are not the same. In my case they both were same.

Thanks for the quick reply. The I-94 in passport has a different no. than the one attached to new H1B paper.
I do hope that if INS verifies the records, they will have access to my up to date information and not just the old I-94 in their program, indicating my new I-94 no. as well as new H1B

hens4rth said:
Check again. The I-94 on the H1B renewal should the same as the one you entered with. I'm not really sure which one is the right one if they both are not the same. In my case they both were same.

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you mean by I-140 Form Submission: error
Did you get that after you sent the application ??

MA001 said:

MA001

I thought about this after forms were mailed to CIS.

rajrw said:
what do you mean by I-140 Form Submission: error
Did you get that after you sent the application ??

MA001 said:

MA001

You must have submitted H1B Approval Notice copy (I-797) with I-140 right ? I would not worry much then. You can also submit a copy of new I-94/797 with a letter suggesting the error if you want to.

Thanks gp and others. The Attorney did not ask for Approval Notice copy (I-797). So I guess they did not submit. But I like your idea of sending a copy of new I797.

gp111 said:
You must have submitted H1B Approval Notice copy (I-797) with I-140 right ? I would not worry much then. You can also submit a copy of new I-94/797 with a letter suggesting the error if you want to.

new policy on fingerprints ?

Hi folks
I got actual hard copy of my i485 receipts (nd 4th august) from lawyer
theres no mention of scheduling fingerprints anywhere on front side
also checked i765 notice and couldnt find anything for fingerprints
Maybe this change is applicable from later Notice date as someone already pointed out
Any new applicants, if you can check i-485 receipt notices and post if you are asked to schedule finger prints on your own I would appreciate it

New rule to file 140 within 45 days after labor approval

Hello GP111,

Is this new rule effective for all labor or only for labor substitution?

Rule : "The proposed regulation contains a provision requiring that the approved labor certification be filed in support of an I-140 petition with the USCIS within 45 days!".

If it is for all own labor from which day 45 days count starts....

gp111 said:
I am starting this new thread to track I-140 (Concurrent or Non Concurrent) filed at CSC in end of July or August 2005.

My I-140/I-485/I-131/I-765 ware received (Fedex) on July 29th & I guess I will have to wait for couple of weeks before I can get receipt numbers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Got EB2 perm labor approved on 07/11/2005

Applied I140/485 on 08/17/05.

Will update once i get receipt numbers.

shaaka said:
Hello GP111,

Is this new rule effective for all labor or only for labor substitution?

Rule : "The proposed regulation contains a provision requiring that the approved labor certification be filed in support of an I-140 petition with the USCIS within 45 days!".

If it is for all own labor from which day 45 days count starts....

This is Just a DOL proposed rule as of now. It has to be approved by congress before it becomes law. DOL has not clarified yet "When does 45 day starts"..