CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

My Attorney informed me that concurrent filing for EB3 is not possible before Oct 01, 2005. Should I go ahead and apply for I-140.

Last edited by a moderator:
hhanyu said:
Hello,

What kinds of things do doctors examine? Does it take a whole day? Do I have to wait for my lawyer's instruction before medical exam?

I have already made an arrangement to get a birth certificate (English), which will be delivered by this Friday.

Thank you.

In my case, the medical group that was doing it, did not require an appointment. My wife and I just walked in and did it. It took a total of about 30 minutes besides the waiting.

They check for TB (skin test), and basic tests like breathing, joint flexibility, eyes, etc.

The results take a while to come back, though.

And also, the skin test for both my wife and myself came out positive, most likely because of existing vaccination antibodies in our body. So they called us back for an x-ray just to confirm that there was nothing else and that took another 30 minutes. The x-ray results, at least on a yes/no basis, came back immediately.

Hope this helps.

Adding my case

Hi
I am joining the queue as well. Formatted the list a bit.
Please update your particulars.
Raj

Good idea. Would you like to put it in Excel instead.

rajrw said:
Hi
I am joining the queue as well. Formatted the list a bit.
Please update your particulars.
Raj

Thanks, a small query

Magdalena said:
In addition to the documents (birth and marriage certificate, copies of passports, I-94s, 6 photos, employment verification letter, copies of driver license) you and your dependants will have to do the medical exam and that takes time as well. In my case, it took total of 3 weeks to put together all documents and send them off to USCIS.

Question: could you please let me know which center approved your Labor Certificacation: Dallas or Philadelphia?
Thanks!

My Labor approved from Dallas Backlog. So, how long the medical exam is going to take (1 full day?). I have the rest of every thing.

Medical

If you don't have an immunization record then you need to take shots for Tetanus, MMR, Hepatitis B and Chicken Pox. If you had Chicken Pox ever in your life then a simple blood test will reveal it in which case there's no need to take a vaccine for that.

The others tests like TB etc. don't take more than 2-4 days. Setting up a time to meet the doc could add more time to it but budgeting for 4-5 days to get the process complete is safe.

cavenkat said:
My Labor approved from Dallas Backlog. So, how long the medical exam is going to take (1 full day?). I have the rest of every thing.

Medical Exam will take 30 minutes,, The reports will take few days.. If required (from your Blood Test Or Skin Test) you might have to go back to doctor for Shots or X-Ray

gp111 said:
Medical Exam will take 30 minutes,, The reports will take few days.. If required (from your Blood Test Or Skin Test) you might have to go back to doctor for Shots or X-Ray

You also need to take the HIV blood test which will add 2 days for the report to come out.

Medical

In my case, I believe the blood test included tests for AIDS and one other
STD. They did not open the test results but told me they would
inform me if tested positive and would not issue the official exam
to USCIS (failure).

gp111 said:
Its a single blood test to check everything..

Its simple, but is carried out separately than the other tests. Not all USCIS approved physicians are capable of doing it.

Ray S. said:
Hello!

How long does it take to receive a receipt for the I-140 and 485 application once mailed to USCIS?

Thanks

1-2 weeks. The attorney will receive them. In my case the Receive Date,
Notice Date, and the date they deposited the checks were all happenned
in a 3-day window. But it took them a week to actually mail the receipts.

I updated the file. I ahve a question:

My Company is acquired recently by another company. I am still working in the same job, location. Also company name is not changed. What documents will be needed for I-140 keeping this scenario in mind (for EB3). Because we don’t have Annual report with old company name any more, however I believe we still have Federal Tax ID separate from the parent company. Shall apprecaite help. Thanks

juan_ramon said:
I created an excel file, please update your information

Thanks

gp111 said:

Thanks,gp111 you have been such a great help.

A small Query.... Need Expert Advise.

Thanks for your reply. My Attorney sucks as he has to send the I-140,I-485,EAD,AP etc. papers in the mail (will take a week atleast). Meanwhile, I would like to be prepared with the documents. I have the following handy
1) Birth Certificate
2) Marriage Certificate
3) Photos,Passport, Degree Certificates with Marks lists etc.
My question is Can I go for Medical and Finger prints meanwhile, before getting the paperwork? I don't want to waste time from my end (As Labor itself took 3 SOLID YEARS). PLS. ADVISE

cavenkat said:
Thanks for your reply. My Attorney sucks as he has to send the I-140,I-485,EAD,AP etc. papers in the mail (will take a week atleast). Meanwhile, I would like to be prepared with the documents. I have the following handy
1) Birth Certificate
2) Marriage Certificate
3) Photos,Passport, Degree Certificates with Marks lists etc.
My question is Can I go for Medical and Finger prints meanwhile, before getting the paperwork? I don't want to waste time from my end (As Labor itself took 3 SOLID YEARS). PLS. ADVISE

This is what you need:
----------------------
-Medical exam and vaccination supplement from an USCIS-Approved Physician. Please take your vaccination records with you. The results of the medical exam must remain sealed for submission with your adjustment application(s).

-Ten (10) photos taken at an experienced immigration/passport photo shop. (Six (6) photos for children under 15).
-A copy of your official birth certificate. NOTE: birth certificates must contain name, date of birth, place of birth, and names of BOTH parents.
-A copy of your driver’s license or state ID, if any.
-A copy of your official marriage certificate, if any.
-A copy of your most recent FEDERAL tax return, with all schedules, W-2s, and 1099s. Be sure to SIGN the return before copying.
-Clear, dark copy of your most recent Form I-94, front and back.
-Copies of documents to show that you have maintained lawful status since you began living in the U.S.
Please submit copies of all applicable documents in the following list:
-Clear, dark, copies of your current and expired passports (all pages, including identification pages and all blank pages);
-The I-797 Approval Notices for EVERY previously approved employment petition.

- If you have been married for less than two years and your spouse is not a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident, evidence that you have a “real and genuine” marriage, such as:
-birth certificates of any children born of your union;
-jointly filed tax returns;
-recent statements for jointly held bank/credit card accounts;
-phone/utility bills in the name of both you and your spouse;
-lease/deed for real estate/housing in the name of both you and your spouse;
-insurance documents showing either party as the named beneficiary of the other;

* All documents submitted to the USCIS must be in English or accompanied by a signed, certified English translation. See memorandum with details on translation certification

receipts

hi,
One of my freinds received the receipts for 485/765/131 to his home address and for 140-lawyer received it. Is it the normal process or depends on the application.
Regards
Raj