Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Interview dates

arreosamba,

The interview dates are finalized by the Consular officers and not the individuals replying to the e-mails or answering phone calls. Though these guys have a fair idea based on statistics. But the reply are generally fair estimates and should not be taken as guaranteed answers.

Once the dates are finalized these support people will give you actual interview dates. An interview in June may be less likely, interview in July most likely and interview in August for sure, if it doesn't happen before.

Thanks & Good Luck.

arreosamba ,

Based on statistics you are likely to have your interview in June.
Don't give too much weight to the email you received since the
info. is not specific.

Give them few more days to be able to give you some good information.

Raju

New Phone numbers and E-mail address of Delhi Physicians

1. Dr. N.P.S. Chawla/Dr D.K. Chawla
37 Prithvi Raj Road, New Delhi
Ph: 2461-1727, 2469-8554, 2462-1684

2. Dr Shakuntala Dawesar/Dr Bhusan K. Dawesar
G-27, UGF, Ansal Chambers 1,
3 Bhikaji Cama Placen New Delhi 110066
Ph: 2610-4129, 2619-5327, 2610-7191
E-mail: dawesar@vsnl.com

3. Dr Harish Khosla/Dr Rajiv Khosla
166 Jor Bagh, New Delhi
Ph: 2469-2544, 2461-1708

May 9th, 2003: Dr K.P. Jain is no more in the Panel. He doesn't do any medical for US immigration related cases.
4. Dr K.P. Jain
C-36 South Extension, Part II, New Delhi
Ph: 2625-3615

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI......Dr. K.P.Jain is no more in the panel. Hence I had to take the appointment from Dr. Chawla.

Though name is their my brother contacted Dr. Jain for an appointment and he said that ha is no more in the panel.

spp2000,

You are right Dr. K.P.Jain is no longer on panel.b I called him last night and he stated the same thing.

I took appointment from Dr. Chawla & Dr. Dawesar. Depending on where I am staying I will cancel one which is farthest.

Also My details are

Leaving US on May 16 - NW/KLM - Detriot-Amesterdam-Delhi.
REaching Delhi on May 17.

Medical May 19 (monday)

Interview May 22 ( thurusday)

GUys, If I can helps anyone while in Delhi pls let me know.

Thanks
\rahul07

Pending Immigrant Visa cases at New Delhi

EMBASSY OF THE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
New Delhi, India

NOTICE FOR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS

For the timely processing of your immigrant visa application, please submit all pertinent documents and items at the time of the visa interview. Effective March 17, 2003 if any of the items and documents are missing, your application will be kept pending and you will have to submit the missing items and documents through TT Services located at 2E/23, Jhandewalan Extension, New Delhi. TT Services is open between 8:00 AM and 11:00AM, Monday through Friday. Please do not submit items piecemeal. Your case will be decided within seven to ten days. If your case is approved, you will be notified to contact the Embassy to pick up your visa. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, you can contact us at 011-2419-8062 or ivnd@state.gov. If your case is not approved for lack of documents, you will be informed to submit the missing items. The items will have to be submitted again through TT Services. Please note that there is a service fee of 400 rupees each time TT Services is used. This fee may be paid in cash or it may be paid via bank draft in favor of TT Services. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT WHILE SUBMITTING REQUESTED DOCUMENTS/ITEMS AT TT SERVICES. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS/ITEMS TOGETHER. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhpending.html

Received the new SSN card

I received the new SSN card today with no restrictions and with the same old SSN number as requested in the DS230 Part 2 form.

Thanks.

Welcome letters received today

Two welcome letters (Form I-797c: same content) received today with valid 13 characters receipt numbers from Texas Service Center stating that Permanent Resident Card will be mailed soon.

Texas Service Center: 214.381.1423
National Customer Service Center: 800.375.5283
www.ins.usdoj.gov

I used the 13 characters receipt number on the welcome letters to check the status of my case on the INS Online Status Internet Site (https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp;jsessionid=cjU-WJuXZEn-).

The result of my search is pasted below [In Blue]:

Case Status
Receipt Number: srcXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Current Status:

On May 7, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

spp2000

1. What numbers do you use to call NWD and what time is best to call?
I tried ...8062/8374 , both keep ringing and nobody answers.
2. Best wishes to all May CPers - Raju et al.

Persistence is the key

arreosamba,

The numbers you have are correct. Best time to call is at about 8:45AM (Indian time). The office just open at that time and people are fresh to take calls. You have to keep on trying again and again. Sometimes it make take 45 minutes before someboady picks your call, other times you might get lucky in the first call too.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Lone ranger..

I had written earlier:

<<<<My case sent to NWD Apr 10, Recd by NWD (Likely Apr 17), got email from NWD last week of April saying iv most likely in second half of June.
On further inquiry, I got a email from NWD today saying "dates not finalised yet, your interview may be in July or August" !!>>>

Rajeev Kumar/cpdelhi/raju y'all were right on the mark that the emails are sent by support staff with no specific info.
I checked the dates on the web site, my IV is on June 25
I think I am the only one for June at NWD(on this forum)
cheers

I-134 forms

Hi ALL,
I asked this question long bacck from this form. Now again i am asking the same question. I am in India, and my case is in E2 category. I have been schedule a interview on 27th May 2003. I have to fill two I-134 froms for my spouse and kind. Who will notarized this form becaue in that forms instruction it is written that if you out of USA it will be notarized by the counsler officer.
Do i have to go to India COURT AND NOTARIZED IT OR TAKE THE FORM WITHOUT NOTARIZED.
AS PER INSTRUCTION.

ANY HELP IS THANKFULL.

OTHER THAN I AM PLANING TO TAKE THESE DOCUMENTS

INTERVIEW LETTER
DS230 PART1 AND DS230 PARTII
PASSPORT + PHOTOCPY
PHOTO 2
BIRTHCERTIFICATE + PHOTOCOPY
MERRIAGECERTIFICATE+PHTOCOPY
POLICE CERTIFICATE + PHTOCOPY
TAX RETURNS LAST 3 YEARS
W2 FROMS
BANKSTATEMENTS
MEDICAL REPORT
EMPLOYMENT LETTER NOTARIZED
EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENT + PHOTOCOPY

FOR MY SPOUCE

COPY INTERVIEW LETTER
PASSPORT + PHOTOCPY
PHOTO 2
MERRIAGECERTIFICATE+PHTOCOPY
POLICE CERTIFICATE + PHTOCOPY
COPY OF TAX RTUTURNLAST 3 YEARS
COPY OF W2 FROMS
COPY OF BANKSTATEMENTS
AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-134
MEDICAL REPORT
COPY EMPLOYMENT LETTER
EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENT + PHOTOCOPY

FOR MY KIDS

COPY INTERVIEW LETTER
PASSPORT + PHOTOCPY
PHOTO 2
COPY OF TAX RTUTURNLAST 3 YEARS
COPY OF W2 FROMS
COPY OF BANKSTATEMENTS
AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-134
MEDICAL REPORT
COPY EMPLOYMENT LETTER

EXPERIENCE PERSOON CAN SUGGEST ANY MISSING DOCUMENTS

THANKS
RAJ

Re: Lone ranger..

Originally posted by arreosamba
I had written earlier:

<<<<My case sent to NWD Apr 10, Recd by NWD (Likely Apr 17), got email from NWD last week of April saying iv most likely in second half of June.
On further inquiry, I got a email from NWD today saying "dates not finalised yet, your interview may be in July or August" !!>>>

Rajeev Kumar/cpdelhi/raju y'all were right on the mark that the emails are sent by support staff with no specific info.
I checked the dates on the web site, my IV is on June 25
I think I am the only one for June at NWD(on this forum)
cheers

Congarts..... Since there are only few CPers for US Embassy, New Delhi there is usually only one/two acctive person posting/using this forum. There are few others who just use this forum to browse and not take an active part in the discussions.

Good Luck to you.

Notarized from Consular office

rajDelhi,

I-134 notarization will be done by the consular officer in the embassy. I don't think Indian gazzetted officers/courts notarization is accptable by US EMbassy authorities for I-134 notarization. This is what I read some where.

Please call the US Embassy in New Delhi for clearer instructions.

For safey, take two originals of all the I-134 forms. One one set of originals get the notarization from the INdian court (only, as it will have higher vakue than ordinary gazzetted officer notarizationin my view) and the other original set (not notarized)to the interview. The consular officer can decide what to do with the other.

In this way you have covered your self better.

Thanks.

Plastic card arrives

My plastic card arrived ni my mail on Saturday, May 17th in 18 days after POE. I was very happy to see the last leg other CP process complete. Checked my name, DOB, and other info. Eevrything was fine.

POE: April 29, 2003
Welcome letter: May 12, 2003
Received plastic card (Green Card): May 17th 2003

CP/GC process complete. I now have a GREEN CARD, not sure if the life will also be more greener.

Thanks.

Latest update on the INS website

Latest update of my case status (In Blue) on the INS Online Status check URL.

INS Online Status URL: (https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp;jsessionid=aXbBd2SyQca7 )

Receipt Number: srcXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On May 19, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Packet 3 question

Hi Guys,

Simple question:

In packet 3, I have sent the bar code page and DS230 part 1, which I had downloaded from internet (the form was exactly the same I received from NVC).

Its a employment based GC and I am not have any share in the company.

Thus only the barcode page and DS230 part 1 are the only documents I am supposed to send to NVC.

Please correct if I am wrong.

Thanks

thanks CP Delhi

Today i called the embassy regarding notarization of I-134 form they told me bring the original and you have to sign in front of me and they will notarized. As it is US govt document so we won't accept indian court notarization.

Thnaks
Raj