Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Also all photos should have name of the subject lightly porinted (written) on back.

Also guys I have a question and will appreciate if someone can shed some light on this

Q2 My letter says it can take 4-7 days for medical report - I know from this forum that we can get reports in one day but What possible scenarios will lead to 4-7 days medical.

thanks
\rahul07

medical report

rahul07:

This is speculative, but say, there is a suspicious 'spot' on the chest x ray, the physician may require 3 negative sputum samples (for TB) prior to clearing your medical.

If you dont have the required vaccines, you can get them right then and there, i cant forsee any other reasons for delay. Any other thoughts?

Re: Photographs for medical

Originally posted by spp2000
Thanks cpDelhi.

I will reach Delhi on 15th May night. I have taken appointment from Dr. Jain on 16th (Friday). I have to take photos on the same day (photos are required for medical also). I have the interview on 20th (Tuesday).

You can take photos on the same day. But you are just putting yourself under pressure. It will be better to have photos ready. Only one passport size (not immigration style) is required per person for the medical.

Is it ok or too close. Can I take the photos here instead of India to avoid last minute rush. Or same day photo and medical is ok?
I would highly recommend it. Though the flights should reach in Delhi on time, but flights are getting cancelled and re-routed due to SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome). I had taken passport and immigration style passport photos from US.

POE at JFK - A Breeze

POE at JFK, New York on April 29, 2003

I filled the I-94 form(actually not required but to be on safe side) and the customs form in the flight. On the airport, I was told by the immigration officer to stand in the US Citizens line as my kids are US born citizens. When called by the immigration officer at the airport, I submitted the yellow envelope slightly cut off on one of the edge that had the immigrant visa doc hanging out and other documents inside the sealed envelope. The immigration officer tore open the yellow sealed envelope and glanced through all the docs making sure all the required forms/paper work was present. The immigration officer just asked me the immigration category, which I duly replied – Employment based. My I-94 form was thrown in the waste paper basket.

Immigration officer stamped my passport that says that “US immigration Admitted on April 29, 2003

Another stamp on my passport: Processed for I-551 Temporary evidence of lawful admission for Permanent Residence until April 28, 2004. Employment authorized.

The immigration officer then directed me to a room with my passport and other forms.

I submitted my passport and other form on my entry to the immigration office on the airport. There were about 10 other individuals before me in the room. A Chinese born US officer was calling names on the basis of first come first serve (FCFS). When my name was called, I entered the room that had a camera and other stuff. Since the packet had one of my passport photograph in a plastic see-through sandwich bag, the immigration officer asked me to sign in two places and took two fingerprints.

Successful POE CP experience. That was it. I then took my luggage, proceeded to the customs and took the connecting domestic flight to the destination city.

Now the wait for the welcome letter and the plastic card starts.

Last edited by a moderator:
cpDelhi,

Congrats on finishing this long process. I remember you posting
a sample of the employment letter you intended to carry.

Can you point to the thread so that I can take a look?

Raju

CpDelhi,

Couple of questions for you

1. On DS 230-Part 2 which came with consulate it has a stamp on back basically asking us to answer if wer a member of any terrorist organization. In order to answer that I will have to fill that form by hand. I was wondering if you did the same or you took the printout of a regular DS230-Part2 form from US.

2. How to reach consulate ? where did you park ? or up to what place did you hire auto/taxi ?

3. Also with I-134 do we have to submitt the supporting documents i.e bank stmts. etc or just have to show them

Appreciate your response.

\rahul07

Stamp on DS 230 part 2

Originally posted by rahul07
CpDelhi,

Couple of questions for you

1. On DS 230-Part 2 which came with consulate it has a stamp on back basically asking us to answer if wer a member of any terrorist organization. In order to answer that I will have to fill that form by hand. I was wondering if you did the same or you took the printout of a regular DS230-Part2 form from US.

The DS 230 part 2 form I received in the packet 4 has a stamp with a question (Are you a member or representative of a terrorist organization?). I did not fill this form and carried the internet downloaded fillable form. No questions were asked in regard to this matter.

2a. How to reach consulate ?

US Embassy is in the Chankyapuri are of New Delhi on the Naya Marg road. The US embassy main entrance is on gate 6 which is on Naya Marg road. The road is blocked on the both sides by police barricades.

Most of the embassies/consulates of all the countries are in the Chankapuri area. There are DTC(Delhi Transport Corporation) buses which Chankyapuri written on their head. Autos and taxi are also available in New Delhi.

2b. where did you park ?

I had a driver with me in my car. The driver dropped me near the US consulate and parked the car nearby. The driver was in the car all the time. If the driver is not in the car, the car will get towed in half an hour. Our car barely escape a towing attempt by the police, as the driver came to the US embassy to take back any stuff which would not be allowed in the embassy. My driver paid Rs 50/- to avoid the towing attempt by the police.

2c. or up to what place did you hire auto/taxi ?

You may take a taxi to the US embassy in the Chanakaypuri area in New Delhi. US Embassy entrance (gate 6) is on the Naya Marg(police blockades on both side of the entance). Even if you take your self driven car, you will find a lot of taxiwallas and autorickshaws in that area. These people will guide you to the car parking place and bring you back to the embassy. These people were saying that the nearest car parking place is about 10 to 15 minutes walk. I did not use the services as mentioned earleir that I had a driver with me.

3. Also with I-134 do we have to submitt the supporting documents i.e bank stmts. etc or just have to show them

I did not have any I-134 forms to submit. But with the CP interview experience I had, I will strongly suggest to submit only the forms that are requested by the visa officer on the window. Don't give any other supporting doc unless asked. Usually the supporting docs like bank statement, copy of tax transcripts, degree certificate are only for showing upon request.

Appreciate your response.

Good luck with your interview.

\rahul07

Please disregard my previous message

cpdelhi,

i found your message. Thanks a lot for creating this thread and congratulations to you.

PCC from CGNY is an issue

I got one PCC from CG New York issued in June 2002. As per New Delhi PCC is valid only for six month. I applied for another PCC on March 31st. From the mail room it reached the concerned officer on April 9th. She sent it to passport office Delhi on April 10th by mail and on 17th April by fax. So far no response from passport office Delhi. I tried to follow up at passport office but nothing happened. The lady here says then can issue after 45 days.

My flight is on May 14th and CP interview is on May 20th.

Any suggestion please what should I do now!!!

cpDelhi/Raju.........any suggestion pls.

I would keep checking with the embassy...

until you reach the 45 day mark. once they approve it, it's all in a day's work. you may also apprise them of the situation with your CP timeline; may be they will show some compassion!

I have already explained my position so many times. But they say that this is a guideline from Ministry. May be I have to speak some senior officer.

I have already explained my position so many times. But they say that this is a guideline from Ministry. May be I have to speak some senior officer.

With persistence it is possible to talk to the Consul with your
grievance. Try to meet him/her and explain your situation.

Since you already have your earlier PCC and can prove you have
not gone back to India from that time, this surely calls for a
leniant view.

Keep knocking on their door!! I do not know whether you were
speaking on the phone. If that is the case this may not work
over the phone. Go there.

Good Luck
Raju

spp2000

My 2 cents:
I wanted to get changes in birthdate etc when applying for a new passport, the ladies at the front desk were giving me hard time. There is the provision of meeting with the consular officer ; there is a sign up sheet (at the consulate information window), fill the sheet , they will call your name, speak with the officer and explain your situation. I think it will work out.
cheers.

Worst come Worst case

I got one PCC from CG New York issued in June 2002. As per New Delhi PCC is valid only for six month. I applied for another PCC on March 31st. From the mail room it reached the concerned officer on April 9th. She sent it to passport office Delhi on April 10th by mail and on 17th April by fax. So far no response from passport office Delhi. I tried to follow up at passport office but nothing happened. The lady here says then can issue after 45 days.

My flight is on May 14th and CP interview is on May 20th.

Any suggestion please what should I do now!!!

cpDelhi/Raju.........any suggestion pls.

spp2000,

Your mail reached Indian Embassy on APril 9th. 45 days from APril 9th would be May 24th. You have your interview on May 20th.

Scenario 1: You may explain the consular officer the situation and tell them that you have been in US since the issuance of last PCC. Hence the PCC should be same. He agrees to give you the immigrant visa. You are happy and evrything is OK.

Scenario 2: Consular officer in US Embassy, New Delhi does not listen to you. Then he will ask you to come with the PCC later. You will be in Delhi. Contact the Indian Consualte inNew York and ask them to fax/FedEx the letter to you.

The immigrant visa will be issued to you in either case, though a little late.

My Suggestion:
1. Plan to be in India for about atleast 15 days after the interview date.
2. Give authorization to a friend/family to help get the letter from Indian Embassy in your absence in US.
3. Go to local passport office in India and try to get the PCC before the interview. Lubrciate the system to move faster, if needed.

Don't take a too much stress for the reason. This is not a show stopper. Though could be show extender for a short period of time.

Good Luck.

why???

My case sent to NWD Apr 10, Recd by NWD (Likely Apr 17), got email from NWD last week of April saying iv most likely in second half of June.

On further inquiry, I got a email from NWD today saying "dates not finalised yet, your interview may be in July or August" !!

Why?? Why not in June as is anticipated given time line and the first response from NWD??

Any thoughts, cpdelhi/others??
Thank you.

You will likely get a June interview...

the consular official was probably trying to dissuade you from inquiring until the list is finalized and published!;)