Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Finally I am leaving for Delhi on 5/24, do the medical on 5/26, go to embassy on 5/27 or 5/28 (I can walk in any day as I missed my original date on 5/20).

Did you get your PCC

spp2000,

So I assume that you got your PCC.

Good Luck with the interview, medical.

Thanks.

Succesfull CP at NWD on May 22.

Guys,

First I would like to thank all of you who have contributed to this great forum - It was a huge help in this whole process.

Here is my experience - It is short but I will answer any questions you guys may have.

May 19: Medical at Dr. Dewasear at Bikhaji Gama place at 9.00 am in Morning - place is ok and the lady doctor is there to make money - She gave me two shots of MMR & TD and asked me to go to Green Park & Jor Bagh for blood test & X-ray. My wife, as she is expecting, was waived X-ray & shots. As we went in morning - report were give to us NEXT DAY in evening. If you go in after noon you will get the reports two days after. Collected sealed medical report & X-ray addressed to embassy - She also gave me a copy of medical report and stated everything is fine. If your spouse in expecting do carry a letter from your doc in US stating the same.

May 22: My interview was at 9.am - Arrived at US embassy around 8.15 and after checking the letter , passport and going thru initial metal detector test was let in. Inside they don't allow cell phones but everything else is allowed after scanning thru x-ray. Around 8.30 lady at window 14 collected all the interview letters and was directing people who have'nt paid the fee to deposit the same at window 7. In my case she asked if I had deposited the fee in US - I replied yes. After that I sat down in waiting area - there are sandwiches & drinks available there.
Around 9.15am - my name was called and indian guy collected my docs
- EVL, Marriage Cert. copy, photos, medical, birth certi. & affidavits, DS-230 -2 (was made to sign), PCC ( only from US), saw my IRS transcripts but returned to me
for my wife
- collected Marriage cert. copy, BC & affidavits, I-134 , DS-230 -2 was made to sign, medical report, photos, PCC (only from US)
He did ask why my wife did not have x-ray and also saw the docs report stating that she is expecting baby.

After that we again sat in lobby till our name was called again at 10am at window 13. An American citizen of Indian background asked us to take oath that everything is true. Then fired couple of questions
- where do you work
- how long have you been with you present company
- where did you do masters & bachlors
- where did you come to US & where are you flying back

To my wife
- Are you working?

Whole thing lasted 2-3 minutes and after that he said come at 4.30 to collect your Visa. Only of one of us can come and collect visas.

Arrived at embassy at 4.15 pm - my name was called at 5pm at window 13 - Collected two sealed envolope with at visa on top of it for myself & my wife.Checked everything for spelling mistakles - Inside passport visa was cancelled with a stamp ( Cancelled without prejudice). Happily walked out and took a big sigh of relief.

Only thing I can say - Please don't stress yourself - everthing is breeze as long as you have all the docs asked as per packet-4.

Good luck guys - I will be back in US on June 3 and will answer any questions you guys might have.

\rahul07

Congrats

Rahul,

Congratulations for a successful CP interview.

Enjoy your remaining stay in India and take care of your wife and baby to come.

Thanks.

Congrats Rahul...that was nice!!!

Leaving for Delhi this evening. Columbus-NewYork-London_delhi.

I'll be going for medical on Monday and to embassy on Tuesday. Everything is ready.

Thanks..........

Finger Printing

Hi All,
I went to CP Interview on 27 th . Everything went smooth . At last they asked me come any day and submit the Finger Print. I thought they will issue me the visa. They told me to wait. They called me after 5 minutes again ask few question and gave me the letter along with the all passport saying that you need to submit the finger print. I submitted my finger print same day and pay the Fee of $85. Now they told me to wait to 2 week to get it clear from the USA. My category is E2. I am not getting why it is happened to me becasue there were two more guy i talked they got it without FP. Please share IF there is any experience in the past like this.

Thanks
Raj

Finger Prints

rajDelhi,

Congrats for a smooth CP interview. I am not sure why there is fingerprint taken at the embassy. Finger prints are usually taken at the port of entry in US.

I think the reason of taking a finger print may be another level of check to make sure you have clean FBI records. The US embasst may have started doing this recently for candidiates for homeland security reasons.

Just a question: Have you been to US before or this will be your first visit to US?

Are you sure the two other guys had a similar case as yours and also on the same day? Or these two guys had their CP interview few months back?

Thanks & Good Luck.

rajdelhi:
Your case is intriguing, I am under the impression that most of the FBI checks etc took place at the I-140 stage hence the long delays for 140 approval. If you have been processing the case from India (and not been living in the US recently) that maybe one reason that they are checking prints now. On the brighter side , once they cross check with folks in the US , you should be OK.

spp2000 : any updates??

Successful CP interview on 05/28/03

I am sorry that I could not post my experience in time due to non-availability of internet.

Flight experience : Took the flight from Columbus OH to JFK on 5/24 after a series of security checks. From JFK to London to Mumbai was ok. Got delayed at Mumbai just before departure to Delhi by 3 hours due to technical fault. At Delhi airport found that out of seven, three lugages are moved to Hyderabad - another delay of 2 hours for paper works. Reached home at 12 noon.

Medical experience : First try to call all the doctors for appointment. Two doctors said that they are not doing anymore. Dr. Chawla said that he will take 7 days to give the report. Finally arrived at Dr. Bhusan Daweswar at 4 PM. He wanted three photots each. I took photos near to his clinic. Did the physical and asked to do X-ray and blood test next morning. Next morning (Tuesday)at 9 went for X-ray and blood test. Got the reports at 7:30PM. Medical cost was Rs.8500 for me, my wife, my son and daughter. X-ray cost was Rs. 400 for me and my wife.

Interview experience : Reached embassy at 9AM. At the time of first security check, the security person ticked my name against a list (the list contains all the candidate's info for the month of May). Asked me to enter inside thru line 3. Came inside. Another security person asked that why I didn't come on the interview date. I gave the reason of PCC. He let us enter in. Gave the appointment letter in Window 15 at 8:50. They called me at 11:30. One indian officer asked for the required documents. I gave everything he asked me. Asked me to seat. At 11:50 another person called and asked the questions :
- Are you working in this company? -Yes
- How many kids do you have ? ....
Finally he said that these photos are not acceptable. Gave a list of studios and asked to bring before 2.

Went to a studio in CP took pics and came back at 1:15. It was lunch time, I had to wait for a while. At 2 the person colllected the pics and asked me to wait. At 3, they called me and said that I may collect the visa tomorrow at 4. Next day (Thursady) I went at 4 and got the packets (one each)

POE will be on 24th June at Chicago.

Congrats SPP2000!

I knew you would make it. Good thing you used the option of rescheduling your interview within the same month-many people are unaware of this option. Good luck;)

Finger Print

Hi CPDelhi,
I have been in USA since Jan-97 to Nov2001. Continuoulsly. Due to some family reason i came back for vacation in Dec2001. I went back again in May2002. Due to some reason i had to come back to India again in July 2002. So my employer in USA asked me to go thru the CP now. Then I started CP in July Since then I am in India. It is delay becasue i lost my papers in Mail some time in November that is what my interview was in May. Other wise i was expecting in Jan or Feb03.
He asked me in the interview . Have you ever gone to USA. I told him that i am living there since last 5 and 1/2 year. He was taking other documents and told me you have to submit the finger prints. He said very normal way . He told that come any working day between 2-3 pm.
So i thought he would issue me visa. Then he took all the required docs for my wife and kid.
Asked me to wait. Another person window 13 called.
Ask general question. And return my all passport along with the paper with the remarks that you have to submit the fp.

There was $85 fee. I paid the fee and submit my FP same day.
The perosn who was taking FP. Said don't worry. You prints looks very good. Even it is not required but we have to take it for the record. Told me that it will take 2 week max to clear it.

I waiting for the response . One week is over. Do you have idea what the FBI check. Do they match the FP with the existing FP in their records.

Thanks
Raj

Congrats..

spp2000,

COngrats. Finally you had a successful interview.

Can you list the photo studios in New Delhi that take immigrations photos. This info mightbe useful for future Delhi CPers.

Thanks.

Finger Prints

rajDelhi,

I guess US COnsulate wants to make sure that you have a clean record. This is done by FBI in US. Finger printing is one way to find out that you have no records because many times the same name is used by many people and other personal data can be forged. Finger prints cannot be and are unique as an individual.

Please don't worry too much about it. It's just another check and it will be over soon.

Thanks & Good Luck.

cp Verses 485

I will welcome feedback about my dilema..have 485 in process with the date of nov 2002 which will mean approval by feb march 2004 have already had finger printing etc....explored CP at delhi which will make it quicker..even now..but have a few questions..
1. will going thru cp affect staus of pending 485
2. I do not have birth certificate and have difficulty going back to the town where i was born..is the bIRTHG certificate issued by the indian embassy valid and acceptable
3 any other suggestions regarding the two processes....

Re: cp Verses 485

Originally posted by elector
I will welcome feedback about my dilema..have 485 in process with the date of nov 2002 which will mean approval by feb march 2004 have already had finger printing etc....explored CP at delhi which will make it quicker..even now..but have a few questions..
1. will going thru cp affect staus of pending 485

Yes. Once you file I-824 to change course from AOS to CP and I-824 gets approved, your 485 will get automatically terminated.

2. I do not have birth certificate and have difficulty going back to the town where i was born..is the bIRTHG certificate issued by the indian embassy valid and acceptable

Birth certificate issued from Indian EMbassy is not acceptable. YOu will have to get the birth certificate or affidavit to support your birth date. There is a BCIS/IBS format, that can be found in one of the threads here.

3 any other suggestions regarding the two processes....

My personal opinion: Since you are so close to getting your GC via the AOS route it will better for you to keep the AOS route.

CP time frame

Guys,

How much time frame are we looking at from the I-140 approval to CP interview?

I know AOS is taking a long time (still at 11/16/01 :-( )
I am about to file to I-140 so wanted to know if I should choose for CP or AOS?

Thanks.

Re: CP time frame

Originally posted by waitingforgceb2
Guys,

How much time frame are we looking at from the I-140 approval to CP interview?

5 to 6 months.

I know AOS is taking a long time (still at 11/16/01 :-( )
I am about to file to I-140 so wanted to know if I should choose for CP or AOS?

Both AOS and CP has advantages and disadvantages. There is a lot of info on this forum and on the web. Please dig in.

Thanks.

preponing IV

cpdelhi, spp2000,rahul07

Based on your recent experience I welcome your comments on this:
I am thinking of preponing interview couple of days (because of flight schedule and future plans to get out of Delhi), will it work if i show up at the consulate 2 days before the actual date??or will they turn me away asking to come on the specified date in June?
I understand this is speculative on your part!
Thanks.

Preponing won't work

arreosamba,

Most of the CPers want to get the interview done ASAP. And for that reason, interview dates are scheduled. If everybody starts following your thinking, you know what will be the plight of things in front of the US Embassy. Lines more than 1000 people in it.

You have to have a good reason for the preponement of your interview date. It has to be life/death case. For example, your wife is 8/9 months pregnant.

You can postpone the interview dates not prepone. I would stronlgly suggest you to go on the scheduled date and not waste time and avoid anxious moments.

Thanks.