Consular Processing (New Delhi)

cpDelhi

Registered Users (C)
Consular Processing for New Delhi Cases

I am creating this thread to track experiences for individuals who have opted for Consular Processing of their Green Card application through US consulate in New Delhi, India.

My lawyer has just received Packet 3 from NVC (Portsmouth).

Q1. When will be the appropriate time to apply for PCC to the Indian Consulate in US as the PCC should be with in the last 6 months on the day of interview.

Q2. Do I really need PCC from Indian consulate in US or I can also get it from the passport office in India?

Q3. My first passport was issued in Bangalore, India. Second Passport issued from Houston, Texas. My parents have settled in Uttar Pradesh (UP) now. So, do I need to go to Bangalore to get the PCC or I can get the PCC from passport office in UP?

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
How much time it took from the approval of I-140 and receipt of Pkt-3? My I-140 was approved on 11/13 and opted for NewDelhi CP.

Originally posted by cpDelhi
I am creating this thread to track experiences for individuals who have opted for Consular Processing of their Green Card application through US consulate in New Delhi, India.

My lawyer has just received Packet 3 from NVC (Portsmouth).

Q1. When will be the appropriate time to apply for PCC to the Indian Consulate in US as the PCC should be with in the last 6 months on the day of interview.

Q2. Do I really need PCC from Indian consulate in US or I can also get it from the passport office in India?

Q3. My first passport was issued in Bangalore, India. Second Passport issued from Houston, Texas. My parents have settled in Uttar Pradesh (UP) now. So, do I need to go to Bangalore to get the PCC or I can get the PCC from passport office in UP?

Any suggestions?

YOU ONLE NEED POLICE CERTIFICATE FROM INDIAN CONSULATE IN USA. POLICE CERTIFICATES ARE VALID FOR 1 YEAR FROM DATE OF ISSUE.

TO CONFIRM ELIGIBILITY TO DO CP IN DELHI, CHECK TO SEE THAT THE U.P. ADDRESS IS ON YOUR CURRENT PASSPORT ISSUED IN HOUSTON.

I-140 AD to P3

spp2000,

It took about 27 days in my case from getting I-140 approved to receiving the request to pay the apllication/processing fee for consular processing.

www.cptracker.com is a good Consular Processing tracker website.

Thanks.

NVC case create for New Delhi

nkm-oct23,

Thanks for your input.

My CP case number starts from NWD, hence I presume that my consulate is New Delhi.

Q1. Does getting a PCC from Indian Embassy in US have same value as getting a PCC from a local passport office in India? Indian Embasssy takes about 30 to 40 days while I should be able to get the PCC from local passport office in fewer days? Any comments/sugestion?

Thanks again in advance.

Thanks cpDelhi.

I was going thru cptracker. For some cases from INS to CVC takes around one week but some cases it takes 77 days. Why is that !
To find out from NVC regarding my case should I speak to someone there? I tried thru automated voicemail. It says case not found. I dont find any logic regarding the processing time of different stages from case to case.

Any update? Sri-IL...what's going on buddy to your case? Our cases are of similar time.

Miscommunication between lawyer and HR

spp2000,

There was a miscommunication between my company's lawfirm and my HR. The lawfirm paralegal told my HR that the law firm received the request to pay applicabe fees for Packet 3 and HR rep took it as they received the Packet 3 for my case. Hence the miscommunication.

Current status of my application: NVC-Portsmouth has sent the request to pay the fees to my lawyer on Nov 11th.

Thanks.

Latest Update

CP for New Delhi:
1. I-140 approved: Oct 15, 2002
2. NVC case created: Oct 30, 2002
3. Request to pay the application/processing fee: Nov 11, 2002
4. Fees sent to St. Louis: Dec 4, 2002
5. Awaiting fees sent to St. Louis to be encashed.

Sent a request for PCC to Indian Consulate in Houston on Dec 4, 2002.

PCC letter and stamp of PCC on passport received on Dec 10, 2002. (Reason for quick reply: New Passport issued from Houston, TX)

Thanks

Doctors in New Delhi Area

To Call New Delhi phone numbers from USA, please append 011-91-11 before the phone numbers listed below.

Dr. N.P.S Chawla & Dr. D.K. Chawla
37 Prithvi Raj Road, New Delhi
Tel: 24611727, 24698554,24621684
Monday thru Friday (Morning hours): 9 AM to 1 PM
Monday thru Friday (Evening hours): 4 PM to 6 PM
Saturdays hours: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Dr. Shakuntala Dawesar & Dr. Bhushan K. Dawesar
G-27, UGF, Ansal Chambers I 3,
Bhikaiji Cama Place, New Delhi 110066
Telephone: 26104129, 26195327, 26107191
Monday thru Saturday (Morning hours): 9 AM to 1 PM
Monday thru Saturday (Evening hours): 4 PM to 8 PM

Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
Sarita Vihar, Delhi Mathura Road
New Delhi – 110 044
Telephone: 26825573, Fax: 26825605
Contact: International Office, Monday to Saturday 9am to 5.30pm
Check-up timings: Monday to Saturday 2pm to 5 pm

Dr. Harish Khosla & Dr. Rajiv Khosla
166 Jor Bagh, New Delhi
Tel: 24692544, 24611708
Monday thru Saturday (Morning hours): 9 a.m. to 1 p.m
Monday thru Saturday (Evening hours): 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.

cpDelhi

cpDelhi:

When was your cashier's check cashed after that when did St. Louis notify New Hampshire that your check was cashed.

I sent my P3 bill to Saint Lous on Dec 7th, they got it on 9th. My Cashier's check has still not been cashed. I have already sent the I-864 form filled to New Hampshire on Dec. 10th. I am waiting for P3.

Mine is Immigrant visa petition for my wife. My wife also has a K3 petition which reached delhi on Dec. 11th and we emailed on 18th to find out about interview but they have not responded. Do you know why it is taking so long?

-Guccidkny

Guccidkny,

I am doing Consular Processing under the employment category and not family based immigration.

My Attorney sent cashier's check on Dec 4th, 2002. When I called NVC - Portsmouth (603.334.0700) on Dec 18th, 2002 (Wednesday) , they had not received the payment, or in other words the checks were not encashed yet. When I called today (Monday: Dec 23, 2002), NVC rep told me that my packet 3 has been created.

So I pre-assume that the check got encashed on or after Dec 18, 2002 and before Dec 23, 2002 in St. Louis.

I am not clear on your immigration status. Are you a US citizen or have a US GC or are you also doing CP? I also don't have any knowledge abot K3 petitions.

Thanks.

CPDelhi

CPDelhi:

Thanks for the information. I am assuming that my Cashier's check has been deposited but it might not be cashed yet. I am a US Citizen and sponsoring my wife for Immigration.

Thanks for your info.

-Guccidkny

New Delhi CP

Our interview took place on Dec4 (E1) category. AC140

Medical took place on Dec 1: KP Jain. Got results the same day. It was a good experince to have it all go through so systematically and without any confusion (worked like a clockwork). He has been doing since 1961 and I will reccommend him.

Have three color pictures ready.

The Embassy experience went off very smoothly also, although we had to wait in the sitting room for more than an hour. We deposited the fee using American dollars which is simple and starightforward (no confusion of drafts etc). Amount was $335 X2.

The questions asked from us were very simple and casual (when she was working on the forms in front of us). The questions were like (1) when did you go to US (2) Which university (3) When were you married (4) How long have you been with the present employer.

We were asked for the photocopies of the last 3 years tax returns. While we had the financial affidavit, they did not ask for it (this surprised us). The company letter confirming the appointment and pay was sufficient according to her.

Our lawyer also had sent all the paperwork in advance to the embassy which helped.

Landed in Houston on Dec 10. Fingerprinted and passport stamped. Received our cards on Dec 21!

We are glad all this is over. It is surely a patience testing process.

Our best wishes to everyone. If there are more questions let me know and I will try to answer.

Cheers,
Varun

Congrats & Happy New Year

vratta,

Congratulations for getting your GC process taken care of in time to celebrate the festive season.

Thanks for posting your good experience. Its nice to have individuals from New Delhi consulate sharing experiences on this forum.

Q1. How much did it cost for medicals with Dr. Jain?
Q2. Do we need to make an appointment or is it just walk in?
Q3. Did you get your passport on the same day or was it couriered to your residence?
Q4. Since I paid of the application fee ($335) here in US, do I still need to pay any other type of fee in US Consulate, New Delhi?
Q5. When was your I-140 approved?
Q6. Did you receive packet 4 in India or in US?

Thanks.

answers

Here we go :

Q1. How much did it cost for medicals with Dr. Jain? It depend upon the injections you need, some are more expensive then others. For both of us was around Rs 3600.
Q2. Do we need to make an appointment or is it just walk in?
I took the appointment a week before by having my parents call him. There is no rush to worry about, so taking an appointment 2 days before should be fine.
Q3. Did you get your passport on the same day or was it couriered to your residence?
I collected the passport in the evening at the embassy. HAd to sit inside for almost 45 minutes along with everyone else. DOnt expect to collect on the window like visas in the past.
Q4. Since I paid of the application fee ($335) here in US, do I still need to pay any other type of fee in US Consulate, New Delhi?
No you do not. BUt have the proof with you that you paid.
Q5. When was your I-140 approved?
My I-140 was approved on April 1! It remained inactive for almost 5 months due to a mistake of the older law-firm (our company has changed law-firm). It was re-energised in August through the AC-140 route.
Q6. Did you receive packet 4 in India or in US?
In US.

Good Luck,
Varun

Calling NVC Portsmouth automated system

Has anybody successfully got an update of their case using the NVC - Portsmouth (603.334.0700) automated system during the non- office hours?

I have tried to find the status of my case by dialing the above NVC phone number in non-office hours and on weekends going between different layers of options and finally enetring my NVC case number, but everytime the system says that operators are not available and hangs the phone line by saying "Good Bye".

Any comments?

Thanks.

Varun,
Congrats..
We are scheduled for late Jan. interview and need advice for the following documents, whether they are needed or not:
1. IRS 9003 (I saw a memo on state.gov not requiring this any more).
2. Bank statements (if so, how many months)
3. Affidavit of Support for dependents (isn't copy of Employer letter enough for dependents).
4. Birth/Marriage affidavits in addition to respective certificates.
5. Any brochure or annual report of employer.

If it is not too much trouble, could you post the exact documents and no. of copies asked, will help me while preparing copies.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Here are ur answers sm9977

1. IRS 9003 (I saw a memo on state.gov not requiring this any more).

Not required

2. Bank statements (if so, how many months)

Will not be needed but carry last 3 months to be safe

3. Affidavit of Support for dependents (isn't copy of Employer letter enough for dependents).

Affidavit of Support is I-134 ... it is a separate form available from the INS website. u have to fill a separate application for each dependent. All of them have to be notarized. This is a very important document.

4. Birth/Marriage affidavits in addition to respective certificates.

If you have the certificates then u do not need the affidavits.

5. Any brochure or annual report of employer.

take it to be on the safe side ... should not be asked.

All the best ... if you have any questions, u can PM me or email me ....

Time gap between NVC creating Packet 3 and attorney receiving it

As per the conversation with the NVC Portsmouth operators , my packet 3 was generated on Dec 23, 2002. The NVC operators told me that the packet 3 should arrive in attorney's office within next 14 to 21 days. 18 days have passed by and my attorney has not yet received my packet 3.

Q1. Has anybody received their packet 3 recently?
Q2. If so, how long did it take between NVC creating Packet 3 and the individual receiving packet 3?

Thanks.