Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Raju is the one of the best member here on the board and I don't see any problem with the tone in his reply. Lets not make it immigration battleground and just stick to sharing knowledge.

PCC Dilemma

Hi Potential,

I'm responding to your question relating to the instructions on PCC.

I went for successful CP @ ND in July 2004 (my experience is posted in the forum) with only the PCC from Indian Embassy. We all received the same instructions from the US Embassy (that you referred to) and were equally confused on this subject when reading the instructions. This question of whether to get the PCC from India or not if you have lived in the US for 1 year or more has been well debated on this forum. I checked with my lawyer who strongly suggested getting both as one of their clients faced this situation where he was asked for local PCC also. I tried obtaining a local PCC, but realized that it was going to be a challenge dealing with Delhi Police without some good connections and mullah and I was not being successful trying to do so from US. So I took a ‘calculated risk” (risk because my lawyer was insisting on getting local PCC but forum experiences indicated otherwise) and went for the CP with just the Indian Embassy PCC and didn’t face any issues. The officer collecting documents at Embassy said that since I’ve been living in the US I just need the US PC.

Thus, you can resolve your dilemma by either following our posted experiences or getting both to be safe, as some people have done. Obviously the choice is yours, may be go with your lawyer’s advice after all that’s paid advice or try getting an email to confirm this from the US Embassy (I tried that without any success)!

Good Luck!

Rjain2

Don't see anything wrong with Raju's tone.

Per Rjain, I did send email to the consulate and they did reply me in the lines of what I stated before.

I agree with Raju on "tough luck". Sometimes if Murhpy is your very very good friend then things do happen. But this PCC is one of the least I can forsee going wrong.

cp

RJain:

Thanks a lot for clarifying the issue. That is exactly what I was thinking since there are too many confusing "instructions" regarding this issue. I agree with all of you (alren, raju..) that 99.999% they won't ask for local PCC, but just like RJain I don't mind trying to get one from Delhi and see what happens.

alren, raju:

You guys are the CP experts and obviously have been a great resource to everybody!! I am a newcomer to the forum. I do appreciate your input and reflections. Sometimes the electronic medium does not do justice to our true persona/thoughts/philosophy. I would like to forget the unpleasant exchanges we have had and move on to "Live Life King Size"!!
Do we have a deal?

potential.

potential said:
RJain:

Thanks a lot for clarifying the issue. That is exactly what I was thinking since there are too many confusing "instructions" regarding this issue. I agree with all of you (alren, raju..) that 99.999% they won't ask for local PCC, but just like RJain I don't mind trying to get one from Delhi and see what happens.

<< Hi Potential,

There's no harm in being over-prepared. When you are out there facing the interviewer, you are pretty much on your own. At that moment one can't say that a particular forum member advised you to follow a particular course of action. I faced the infamous name check and had to fight my way out. So go with your common sense, lawyers advise and general observations given be forum members -- who have been through the grind. 95% of the time, the interview turns out to be a non-event! So be over prepared and ace everything!

Cheers,

Rjain2

>>

Pcc

Dear all

See how things can get in CP Process too !!! :)
Alot of happenings and so much to get prepared for. Need alot of info too..

regarding PCC there are instructions on New delhi Consulate Site , pls refer link:

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhconsuivv.html

Most of us fall in Row 3rd category. So its Ok to go with PCC from Indian Embassy.... Unless there are different rules for AC140... But as you can see its for Immigration Visa, so you may take a printout of the webpage as latest reference too... just in case...

Anyway, potential, just relax prepare for your interview, Alren has good knowledge of this subject and has good humor too .. :p

Thanks

Rjain2 said:
There's no harm in being over-prepared. When you are out there facing the interviewer, you are pretty much on your own. At that moment one can't say that a particular forum member advised you to follow a particular course of action. I faced the infamous name check and had to fight my way out. So go with your common sense, lawyers advise and general observations given be forum members -- who have been through the grind. 95% of the time, the interview turns out to be a non-event! So be over prepared and ace everything!
I agree on your thoughts above ...

Waiting for Packet # 4? How long?

Hi Guys,
US Consulate in New Delhi recieved the Packet # 3 documents for my wife on October 7th ,2004 and they created a case number for her on October 11th, 2004.
I had followed the instruction from this forum and sent all the necessary documents required in Packet # 3 along with Financial statements etc....

My wife is still waiting for Packet # 4 and the interview dates. I was hoping she would get a December Interview as we had sent all the necessary documents earlier.

I'm trying to track the approximate time it takes for the generation of Packet #4 and the Interview Dates for guys who are currently waiting like me.
Please do repond with ur details ur current status of Packet # 4.

Thanks for reading this far.