Consular Processing (New Delhi)

20th Oct AC -140 Exp

Guys

Medicals at apollo on 15th Oct, received report on 17th Oct.

Embassy experience was smooth except name check. Councellar officer told me that name check takes around 1 to 1.5 week.

I will write in detail as soon as I receive my passport.

Thanks Alren

alren said:
The best is to go with a lot of vacation days. It will serve you good.

Tahnks for your advice, but still not very clear.. No vacation is alot ..it always is a few... I guess arrival from 4 days prior to Interview for med, etc and 2.5 weeks after the date of interview.
Hope that would be enough.. Is it a good guess???

Thanks

Bhasu said:
Tahnks for your advice, but still not very clear.. No vacation is alot ..it always is a few... I guess arrival from 4 days prior to Interview for med, etc and 2.5 weeks after the date of interview.
Hope that would be enough.. Is it a good guess???

Thanks
That should be OK. But then it would depend on how long the name check will take place for(?). Ours got done in less then a week. Some people go throught it for a 3-4 weeks. So make your best judgement.

Has anyone used the DS-230 Part I form that is downloaded from the website, instead of the ones sent with the packet 3?

I wanted to use the PDF fill in form and print this out, and am not sure if this will cause any problems.

Thanks

Downloaded DS230

There's no problem in filling out a downloaded DS230 -- I did it without any problems.

Rjain2

emailraja said:
Rjain2,
What stage is your app in?
did you print it doublesided (back to back)
thx

I had my interview @ ND in July '04 and have completed everything. I printed in one sided only.

Rjain2

cp new delhi

Hi alren, kd, CP experts:

i received the "packet" from NWD embassy 10/28/04 (AC-140 RECEIVED SEP 11 2004 AT NWD). few questions:
1. they are now asking for local PCC as well from delhi (apart from NYC consulate gen PCC). any similar experiences?
2. there is no mention of any probable interview dates (i seem to have read on some threads that in some cases the embassy in india has e-mailed the candidates regarding date of interview, is that something that happens after submission of this packet?).
3. any idea how long it takes from now to get an interview date????

appreciate any feedback as usual!!

potential

How about posting this qs on all the threads of all the forums around here? You will get a faster answer ??? !!! :( :rolleyes:

cp

alren:

if you can't help or provide constructive criticism, please refrain from rhetoric and sarcasm, just my humble suggestion.

the only reason i posted it in 3 threads was that i noted unusually slow activity over the past 3-4 days.

i must say that i am quite disappointed with your response!

potential:

Relax!!! What alren mentioned is true...and what he really meant was that when same postings are copy-pasted in multiple threads then senior members may ignore such a posting with the thought that someone else may answer/ may have answered your query in another thread. The best solution for a situation such as the one you experienced is if you do not receiv a response in about 24-48 hours then send a pm to one of the senior member that you are aware off such as alren/ raju595 and request if they can provide some feedback.
If we all can follow this norm, we all stand to benefit. :)

Bottom line, if you have a PCC from indian consulate in usa with a pcc stamp in your valid passport and such that the pcc is not more than 6 months old on the date of the interview, then you are in good shape as suggested by alren in another thread.

Potential,

Agree with kd and alren.

Since you are currently living in US, you just need to carry a PCC obtained
from the local Indian Consulate/ Embassy and that is all you need.

However if you have lived in any Country other than India for a period of 1 year or more (this is what I believe), then you would need a PCC from such
country also.

Raju

potential said:
alren:

if you can't help or provide constructive criticism, please refrain from rhetoric and sarcasm, just my humble suggestion.

the only reason i posted it in 3 threads was that i noted unusually slow activity over the past 3-4 days.

i must say that i am quite disappointed with your response!
Sorry you did not like my help by the response in other thread ... :p

Do U know there's something called a weekend ... ?

P.S. : I did not read any rhetoric in my post ...

cp

appreciate your response and clarification, Kd. i am relaxed, its alren who strated the smart comments remember?

i am out of town at a meeting and have been thru the weekend, hence have had only a few minutes each day to look at mail etc. i did not see alren's response in the "other" thread partly cos of above constraints. and that is also the reason for multiple postings this ONE time.

in any case, this is just a forum to gain insight into a complex issue and hopefully benefit from other people's experience. lets just keep it at that and not take ourselves too seriously is all i am saying.

potential said:
appreciate your response and clarification, Kd. i am relaxed, its alren who strated the smart comments remember?

i am out of town at a meeting and have been thru the weekend, hence have had only a few minutes each day to look at mail etc. i did not see alren's response in the "other" thread partly cos of above constraints. and that is also the reason for multiple postings this ONE time.

in any case, this is just a forum to gain insight into a complex issue and hopefully benefit from other people's experience. lets just keep it at that and not take ourselves too seriously is all i am saying.
So you want cross-post your queries but do not want to follow it up? That's one of the key reasons not to cross-post. :p

Agree with your last point ... which can be done by not cross posting also ... :rolleyes:

cp

alren:
i am not going to enter into a silly argument with you on this forum, hence I suggest that we end this here and move on! we all got work to do.
thanks for your reply to Q1 on the "other" thread.

However, Q2 and Q 3 remain unanswered/open.

In the "instructions" sheet that I received it clearly states that PCC is required from places that you lived > 6 months starting age 16 as well as from the current address in US (if applicable). Granted, these appear to be fairly old set of directions (bad print/photocopy, smudgy ink, dt. 08/99) but they have been sent in Oct 2004, hence still valid. This is point # 3 on 'Instructions for immigrant visa applicants' sheet... I don't think we can ignore it, just because no one has been asked for it till now. What do you guys think?

Also, how long does it take from this point on to get the actual date of the interview?

Thanks in advance.

potential said:
alren:
i am not going to enter into a silly argument with you on this forum, hence I suggest that we end this here and move on! we all got work to do.
Whatever ... It's upto you you can cross-post wherever U want. U can not followup you posts. And then U can accuse those who help of not helping you or providing rhethoric.

I was suggesting only for your own benefit.
U're welcome
For 2 & 3 U can research around the forum and you will get the answer
In the "instructions" sheet that I received it clearly states that PCC is required from places that you lived > 6 months starting age 16 as well as from the current address in US (if applicable). Granted, these appear to be fairly old set of directions (bad print/photocopy, smudgy ink, dt. 08/99) but they have been sent in Oct 2004, hence still valid. This is point # 3 on 'Instructions for immigrant visa applicants' sheet... I don't think we can ignore it, just because no one has been asked for it till now. What do you guys think?
This is nothing "new" as you are trying to suggest in Q1. U are free to go through the process of trying to get the PCC from Delhi and feel content with it. If you try researching this forum in detail you will get the consistent answer in lines of what I replied. Whether you, accept it or not it's upto you.
Also, how long does it take from this point on to get the actual date of the interview?
Again this is your Q3.

potential said:
alren:

Thanks in advance.

I think this debate is going on and on for all wrong reasons.

Potential, you know very well no one on this forum is compelling/can compel you to do something that you don't want to do.

alren is giving his opinion based on the experience gleaned from the forum and that is what I do and so does every one else who contributes here.

Hundreds if not thousands of candidates have received the exact same instructions. Most of them who have been current residents of US have carried just 1 PCC from the Indian Consulate and did not face any problem.

Your question is "What if they single me out and ask for a PCC from Delhi also?' Well ! Tough Luck!!

I feel your options are very clear and if you want to get a PCC from your hometown, then you don't need validation from the forum.

Raju

cp

Raju:

I think you got it all wrong; I am not DEBATING anything. The tone of your response is uncalled for.

I am just stating that these are the instructions I received and wanted to make sure that everyone knows the exact language used in the instructions, before they comment. The frequency with which laws/instructions etc change in the immigration field, how am I to know whether everyone has the same letter??? That was the point.

This is exactly what I expected from this member!

Let the audience be the judges of whether I got it right or wrong and my so called 'tone'.

Raju