Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Awsome..I was anxiously waiting for your feedback.. Anyways CONGRATS man... You did it.!!! .Mine is on 20th Oct and its under EB3. I am leaving tonight for Delhi. Planning to get the medicals at Appolo.

I have around 8 years of industry experience but my lawyer during the RFE changed my category to EB3 from EB2. So, I hope in this point I will be fine.

Have fun.

Rseth

gchope2166 said:
I have done my AC-140 at NWD in Sept. Most of the the things are same as posted by other people, but my Interview is little different so I want to share my experince with other readers.

Mine was EB2 ( B Tech + more than 5 years of expereince). During Interview, consular ( white guy) said that I do not meet EB2 criterian and the kind of work I am doing was done by him during Summer job. So he said that he is not going to approve my VISA. I almost got heart attack.Then He asked me to wait as he wanted to consult his supervisor. After few minutes he called me again and said though he does not agree with this, his supervisor asked him to approve VISA saying that consulate can not overrule what has already been approved by INS. He collected my paasport and said my paasport will mailed after name check has been done. Within week I got my passport with Immigrant MRV stamped. Looks like it took 3-4 days for name check.

Entered US last week and every thing was smooth at POE.

Gchope

gchope2166 said:
After few minutes he called me again and said though he does not agree with this, his supervisor asked him to approve VISA saying that consulate can not overrule what has already been approved by INS.
Gchope.

Congrats. Whew! :eek: I can't imagine the moment standing in that box when he voiced his concerns.

Thank you KD for your valuable tip.

I have one question. While I was away for AC-140, I got FP notice for a date in Nov. I was thinking that I will wait for my Plastic cards and then will inform that My GC has been approved so need to cancel FP appointment. What do you suggest ?

thanks
Gchope

gchope:

This is a gray area! My personal opinion is make a photocopy of your I-551 stamp along with passport, mail it to INS and inform them that you have already received your GC approval through another process and provide INS relevant details so that they can cancel your 485/ FP process.

My best suggestion is ask your attorney.

I don't think that you have to worry about getting the plastic card. As the stamp on the p/p proves that you are LPR. So you can go ahead and cancel your FP notice.

How to track case after POE for AC-140 case

Question

Since I have completed AC-140 and have entered US, how do I tracj status of my case as to if welcome letter has been sent or plastic card has been ordered ? Is it linked to 485 application or is there some other way of tracking it ?
thanks
GChope

gchope:

since you have just entered usa take a sigh of breath!

Expect welcome letter in about 4 weeks. That letter will have a reference number based on which you will be able to get further details. This is in no way shape or form linked to your 485 application.

gchope2166 said:
Question

Since I have completed AC-140 and have entered US, how do I tracj status of my case as to if welcome letter has been sent or plastic card has been ordered ? Is it linked to 485 application or is there some other way of tracking it ?
thanks
GChope
GCHope,

Till you get the WC, you cannot track anything. And most likely when you get the WC, you will get the card in about a week.

gchope:

And to add to alren's comments, dont be surprised to find:
1. Multiple welcome letters And/ or
2. REceving GC along with or even before receiving the Welcome letter.

I remember I received Welcome letter in about 10 days of entering usa and then on 11th day i got the GC.

Also per kd,

Don't get an inferiority complex if you spouse gets more welcome letters than you. ;)

Question about DS-230 Part II

Hi all

Am almost there, the P3 should be in my mailbox any day now!

Was going through a downloaded version, and there is an item 33a about SSN card.

I did apply for an SSN with my H1B, and now should I be requesting a new SSN card? am not sure

Thanks for any advice.

Shambho

shambho said:
Hi all

Am almost there, the P3 should be in my mailbox any day now!

Was going through a downloaded version, and there is an item 33a about SSN card.

I did apply for an SSN with my H1B, and now should I be requesting a new SSN card? am not sure

Thanks for any advice.

Shambho

Yes! You will need a new SSN card (with the same number as you have now).

Your current card would have a stipulation on the back which says you need
employment sponsorship or something to that effect. The new card you are
going to get WILL NOT have that condition.

Raju

Days away for Interview

Hi Experts ,

Pls advice , taking into account the requirement of ongoing Administrative Check / Name check, how many days one should plan while going on Interview.
If interview is on date D, For medicals and photos etc , to arrive D-4 days and till when D+ ?? would be safe Or best would be to go with a changable ticket Or with alot of vacations. Pls clarify .. how you guys are planning ?

My P3 is gone to NVC and I'm Expecting Interview at NWD during the last week of jan or 1st week of feb ...

thanks

Concur with Raju above. Though keep in mind, that the fact you request for a new card will not necessarily get you a new card. Some people have automatically got it, some had to go to SSA office to get it.

Bhasu said:
Hi Experts ,

Pls advice , taking into account the requirement of ongoing Administrative Check / Name check, how many days one should plan while going on Interview.
If interview is on date D, For medicals and photos etc , to arrive D-4 days and till when D+ ?? would be safe Or best would be to go with a changable ticket Or with alot of vacations. Pls clarify .. how you guys are planning ?

My P3 is gone to NVC and I'm Expecting Interview at NWD during the last week of jan or 1st week of feb ...

thanks
The best is to go with a lot of vacation days. It will serve you good.

Urgent Question

Hi -

Do I require to carry the originals of my approved I-140 and the approved labour certification to the interview. My lawyer has provide me copies and says that originals will not be asked for at the interview. I do not want to take the risk and hence want to confirm from you guys.

Also what is the approval form/letter of the labor certification called.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Urgent Quest #2

Hi -

I received the appointment letter for my interview at NWD. The date of birth mentioned on the interview letter for my wife is incorrect. The month and date have been swaped. I checked all the documents that were submitted to the NVC - DS230, I134, Birth Certificates etc, all carry the correct DOB. It seems the NWD consulate has made the mistake.

Please advice what should I be doing as precautionary measures and what should I do if I am asked the question during the interview?

Thanks

I think you should not have a problem. It seems a genuinly verifiable mistake. Check with the lawyer if they should write a letter to the consulate and carry a copy of the same with proof of mailing.