Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Congrats Arreosamba !

So far I have not got any info regarding interview. Though I have requested for last week of May. May be next week we will get the date. Let's hope for the best !!!

Any info for May interviews ???

Anyone has got Pkt 4 or interview date confirmation from New Delhi consulate ?

Please respond.

I have'nt heard anything yet. I sent them a mail last friday. Hoping to hear sometime this week - probably wednesday as MOnday & Tuesday are holidays in India ( due to Baisakhi & Ambedkar jayanti).

Will keep you posted.

\rahul07

immigrant visa granted

Its been a good day till now. Immigrant visa granted.

Good Luck to all the applicants for the interview in May.

More later.

may list

Congrats cpdelhi!!
Anxiously awaiting your detailed post of experiences!
May list is on the NWD website, check your listing.

Congrats CpDelhi !!!!!!Waiting for your detailed experience.

May dates are out on website. My interview date is May 22.

anybody else on same date ...

\rahul07

Congrats cpDelhi

Congrats!!! Your suggestin/experience are of get help to the forum. Waiting for a detailed experience.

My interview is on 20th May. Pls give the details about Medical/Photo and other info.

I'm reaching Delhi on 15th night (Thursday). Do you think that I would have sufficient time for medical etc. Pls suggest.

Thanks.

Thanks spp2000 !!!!

I am working on my tickets. I am on west coast but due to SARS am trying to go thru atlantic route. To further complicate issue I can't go thru shangan countries due to my visa expiring in June - Hence British Airways & Air-India are only options. BA is expensive so will sttle for AI.I will be reaching Delhi on Sunday 18th .

As per forum Medical & photo's take one day - keeping one day buffer I think you will be ok.

How about your PCC ? Is it resolved ?

Good luck buddy,

\rahul07

Rahul,

I had the PCC issued in June 2002 which is not acceptable for CP. I sent the application on 31st March, the lady received on 9th April. She said that she could not sent the fax to India as the fax machine is not working there though the mail is out. Asked me to contact on Monday for further info. She is asking me to try thru some one in Delhi to expediate the process. I have no clue how to get it before 14th as I am leaving on 14th.

Any suggestion please !!!

I read somewhere on this forum that one particular consulate (I think Chicago) was issuing PCC within three days if you have prior PCC.

Just a thought - May be you can apply to chicago consulate and give a local contact address in Chicago (of your friend ) and see if you get PCC quicker. You may have to mention you moved from your previous PCC consulate juridiction to chicago one.

again - this is just a thought - not a tested procedure.

\rahul07

Originally posted by spp2000
Rahul,

I had the PCC issued in June 2002 which is not acceptable for CP. I sent the application on 31st March, the lady received on 9th April. She said that she could not sent the fax to India as the fax machine is not working there though the mail is out. Asked me to contact on Monday for further info. She is asking me to try thru some one in Delhi to expediate the process. I have no clue how to get it before 14th as I am leaving on 14th.

Any suggestion please !!!

spp2000,

When you talk to the lady the next time ask for some kind of
reference # for the case.

Using that reference, let someone from your side approach
the PP office in India, to send a response back here , immediately.

That looks like the only option.

Raju

Medical report at Dr. Jain office

I had a successful CP interview at US Embassy, New Delhi on April 16, 2003.

Chronological list of events:

March 28th: Doctor’s appointment set for April 7th at 9:00 AM in Dr. Jain’s office in SouthEx, New Delhi.

April 7th 8:45 AM: Arrived at the Dr Jain’s office. The doc’s office is very close to the main road. The office is operated in the residential area in South Ex. An assistant in the doc’s office confirmed that I had an appointment. Asked for the interview letter issued by Embassy (part of packet 4), my valid passport, and my immunization records. Asked my to sign couple of forms. I was then given a slip to go to the another a facility, which would take my chest X-ray in Defence colony.

April 7th 9:15 AM: Arrived at the X-Ray facility in the basement of the residential house (Dr. Khurana, B-45 Defence Colony, New Delhi).

April 7th 9:20 AM: The X-ray facility assistant asked to complete some info (address and phone) in a form and asked me to sign a blank white sheet. I signed (added “for X-ray only” after questioning the assistant purpose of my signature on a blank form. Paid a fee of Rs 200 for the X-ray.

April 7th 10:00 AM: Was called in for taking the X-ray. The X-ray machine operator asked me to take of the shirt only for the X-ray. The vest was OK to be on for the X-ray. The whole process took less than 5 minutes. I was asked to wait in the lobby till the doc could see the X-ray report.

April 7th 10:15 AM: The assistant at the X-ray facility called my name and said everything was OK and my report will be sent directly to the Dr Jain’s office.

April 7th 10:45 AM: Back to Dr. Jain’s office. The assistant asked me to wait till called by Dr Jain for the physical review.

April 7th 11:00 AM: Called in by the Dr. Jain office. A big room (17x17 sq.ft approx). I was asked by Dr Jain to undress completely but my underwear and lie on a platform (don’t know the exact medical term for the platform). Dr. Jain did some check by pressing my abdomens and checking my heart beat using his stethoscope. Dr. Jain took a sample of my blood using a disposable syringe. He asked me if I had chicken pox.

April 7th 11:10 AM: Medical complete. Came out if the Dr Jain office. Paid Rs 1000 to the assitant. I was told to come at 5:30 PM to pick up the report. No point coming before that as the report is not compiled and completed before 5:00 PM.

April 7th 5:35 PM: Picked a report in the brown envelope and X-ray film in another white envelope. Both the envelope were closed and stamped at various places. Just asked the Dr. Jain’s assitant if evrything was OK. The nod from the assistant meant “YES”.

Medical report complete.

Note: I had my medical done about 10 days in advance as I had planned to do other work in South Ex on the same day. It doesn’t have to be this way.

Final interview details

April 16th 8:15 AM: Arrive at the US Embassy gate 7 on Naya Marg in New Delhi. The road is blocked at the both the entrances, which cover US embassy. Heavily guarded by armed and non-armed security forces. The queue had about 15 persons standing before me (outside the US embassy). As soon as I came, one of the Security personnel in blue dress (Security 4 group) asked if there were any individuals standing in queue who had an immigration visa interview appointment. I rushed out of the queue and reported to the security officer. He asked for my passport and the interview letter. There were other individuals who came along who had a scheduled interview for non-immigrant visa. All of these individuals were firmly asked to return to the original queue. Another security officer entered my name and my CP case number in the log book. I had a black nylon computer bag with a 1 inch folder in it and my mobile phone. Another security officer asked my to raise my hands parallel to the ground and stand-in-ease position. He had a instrument similar to the one used by security check personnel’s at the US airports. Another security officer checked my bag visually. I was then asked to go directly into the embassy, about a 100 meters walk.

April 16th 8:25 AM: Another set of security officers at the entrance of the embassy. Now I was in the air-conditioned area. I was already feeling better. The security officer asked if I had a mobile in my black bag. He asked to take it out and deposit it at the desk. The security officer gave me a blue Plastic 1 square inch coin. My black bag and x-ray report film sealed envelope was scanned by the x-ray machine as found on the US airports. I walked through a metal detector. I was again checked by a hand detector by another security officer.

April 16th 8:37 AM: I entered the waiting area. There are about 88 seats right in the front and another 40 on the right hand side of the entrance. Cashier window is to the immediate left of the enterance (Working hours: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM). There is a reception desk right in the middle of the hall with two Indian individuals sitting. There are at least 3 to 4 security offices in the hall at all the time. The security officer checked my passport and the interview letter and asked me to have a seat. All non-immigrant visa individuals had pay some fees and again stand in another queue in the hall. All immigrant visa interview individuals were asked to take a seat till called by name on the intercom. I took one of the seats in the main area. A 15-inch TV mounted on the wall was working, though the volume was zero.

April 16th 9:00 AM: All the immigrant visa interview letter holders were asked to report to window 15. There was queue of about 25 people. I was about the 9 person. There was young Indian lady behind the counter 15. She was collecting the interview letters and giving back a receipt to pay the visa fee at the cashier check. When It was my turn, the young Indian lady in salvar-qurta asked me if I had paid the fee of USD 335 in US. I said Yes with a nod. I did not get any receipt. I was told to wait in the hall till called on the intercom.

Windows 13, 14, 15 are for immigrant visa only. There is a plate hanging with “statue of liberty” stating “Immigrant Visa” near window 13. There is another plate hanging at one of the other windows(9 to 12} stating “non-immigrant visa” with an Eagle head. The hall has two stall selling cold drinks (coke, fanta, mountain dew, water, veg/non-veg sandwiches) and a hot drinks (tea, coffee, etc). There is another water fountain in the room with free-water. There is a restroom for gents and ladies in the hall.

Window 13: An America Gora Consular Officer making decision on immigrant visas.
Window 14: An Indian lady collecting docs
Window 15: An Indian gentleman collecting docs

April 16th 11:35 AM: My name was announced on the intercom and I was asked to come to window 14. The same young Indian lady asked me to provide the required docs.
1. Valid passport
2. Two immigration style photos (I had not signed. I asked the lady if it was necessary. The answer was “No”)
3. DS 230 part 1
4. DS 230 part 2
5. A copy of my birth certificate
6. Marriage certificate
7. Police certificate
8. Employment letter
9. Medical Report (sealed & stamped)
The lady gave me a form to sign, which stated (in a paragraph with about 9 to 10 lines) something that meant that if I lost my job before I enter US, I should inform the embassy.
The young lady asked if my wife had a green card, to which I replied yes. She then asked my how did she get her GC. I replied through family based immigration. I was then asked to return back to the siting are of the hall.

April 16th 1:55 AM: The consular officer (a gora in late twenties or early thirties) called my name and asked me to report to window 13. Below is an excerpt of the conversation details.
CpDelhi: Good Afternoon
Gora Consular officer: No response ( I am not sure if he did not hear me or just ignored me. Facial expressions were not very friendly. I was in relaxed mode, hence didn’t bother me. I was calm and ready for the next set of questions)
Gora Consular officer: Whom are you working for?
CpDelhi: Answered promptly
Gora Consular officer: How long have you been working for firm?
Gora Consular officer: On what visa did you first enter US?
CpDelhi: F1 (student visa)
Gora Consular officer: Which University did you go to?
Gora Consular officer: Do you have the degree certificate?
CpDelhi: Answered promptly and showed him a copy of my degree certificate
Gora Consular officer: Raise your right hand and repeat after me that all the info is correct and true to the best of my knowledge.
CpDelhi: I said “all info is correct and true to my knowledge”
Gora Consular officer: Come at 4:30 to collect your visa. Signs some document.

April 16th 4:15 PM: Enter the embassy through the same security checks and had a seat in the hall.

April 16th 4:50 PM: I was called to come to window 15. I was handed a sealed yellow envelope cut on the top left corner and my immigrant visa stapled to other docs but outside the envelope. The immigrant visa had my name, mother name, father’s name, date of birth, passport number, city of birth and other info with my photograph pasted, stamped and US seal.

Last edited by a moderator: