Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Address in India

Raju,

When I talked to the Consular Officer/Rep in New Delhi last night, he told me that my packet 4 was mailed to my residential address in US about three to four days back. I think the US Embassy sends packet 4 to address in item 13 (Present Address) of the DS 230 part 1.

It's on the special request a duplicate packet 4 was shipped to a local address in India. I provided the local address in India via an e-mail.

Thanks.

Re: Address in India

Originally posted by cpDelhi
Raju,

When I talked to the Consular Officer/Rep in New Delhi last night, he told me that my packet 4 was mailed to my residential address in US about three to four days back. I think the US Embassy sends packet 4 to address in item 13 (Present Address) of the DS 230 part 1.

It's on the special request a duplicate packet 4 was shipped to a local address in India. I provided the local address in India via an e-mail.

Thanks.

You are right. They normally send the Packet 4 to the address
provided in DS 230 Part 1.

I was trying to find out whether you have give your address in
India immediately after your case reached the consulate ?

(OR)
You provided that address only after realizing that the packet would not reach you in time ?

Thanks.
Raju

Address in India

Originally posted by Raju595
You are right. They normally send the Packet 4 to the address
provided in DS 230 Part 1.

I was trying to find out whether you have give your address in
India immediately after your case reached the consulate ?

No.

(OR)
You provided that address only after realizing that the packet would not reach you in time ?

Yes. Since I was afraid that packet 4 will not reach in time at the US residential address as it was only sent few days back, I requested the US Embassy to send the duplicate packet to local address in India.

Thanks.
Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
Duplicate Packet 4 received

The duplicate packet 4 sent by the US Embassy, New Delhi was received at the local address in India.

Thanks.

Congrats

cpDelhi,
Congrats, it is about a week since you requested the consulate to send a copy of pk4 to local indian address,
this is quite quick.

Actually, for me mumbai consulate has sent 2 copies. One to my address (item#13) a couple of days back and second copy, today to my lawyer`s address.
thanks
KYCP

Duplicate Packet 4

Request for Duplicate Packet 4: March 25
Duplicate Packet 4 received at local address: Marck 28
Packet 4 delivered on the 3rd working day.

KYCP,

How much time did it take for packet 4 to reach you here after being sent by the US Consulate?

Thanks.

Good luck

cpDelhi,
that is pretty quick to mail out the pk4....

on my pk4:
the date on the appointment letter: Mar 05 2003
Date stamp on the envelope (washington D.C.): Mar 24 2003
Date first pk4 (sent to address in Item#13): Mar 27 2003
Date second pk4 (sent to lawyer's address): Mar 28 2003

you are to leave on the April 1st, correct? have you gotten the documents together?

Interestingly, there are a few spelling mistakes on the pk4 (luckily no mistakes with applicant names) "United Staes of America" "United Stste of America"

hmm.....

thanks and good luck and have a pleasent trip,
KYCP

Can I request for a 'specific' interview date?

Yesterday I got the reply from NWD that I will get an interview date in May.

I have a problem now. My PCC was issued in June 2002. Considering its validity for one year I didn't apply for a new PCC. Last week this issue was discussed again and I think (now) it is not valid beyond six months. I have sent the application to NY today and they will take at least 45 - 50 days to issue the PCC.

The issue is if I get the interview date before 20th May, I may not get the PCC. In this situation can I request PCC to give me any date in the last week of May ? Or any workaround !!

Please suggest.

Re: Can I request for a 'specific' interview date?

Originally posted by spp2000
Yesterday I got the reply from NWD that I will get an interview date in May.

I have a problem now. My PCC was issued in June 2002. Considering its validity for one year I didn't apply for a new PCC. Last week this issue was discussed again and I think (now) it is not valid beyond six months. I have sent the application to NY today and they will take at least 45 - 50 days to issue the PCC.

The issue is if I get the interview date before 20th May, I may not get the PCC. In this situation can I request PCC to give me any date in the last week of May ? Or any workaround !!

Please suggest.

I hope you have only sent a copy of your passport to the consulate.

The following are the options available to you.

1. The consulate referrs all the PCC cases to the respective
passport issue office in India. See whether you can follow
up there and make sure the response comes back quickly
to the consulate here.

2. If the above does not work, then send someone to the
passport office and enquiry how long it takes to get a PCC
locally. So that if it is a short period, you can go there and
get one.

The last option would be to contact the Consulate and
ask for a date late in the month. I do not know whether they
would entertain this.

I think some of the members are going to the New York
Consuate to make a personal request for a faster re-issue of
PCC. They will probably post their experience by Monday
evening.

We will see what happens, that can be a guide to you.

Raju

Packet 4 also received in US

I was surprised to see the packet 4 in my mail box today. Packet 4 delivered in 5 business days from New Delhi, India to Orlando, US. Surprising..... isn't it.

Here are the milestone dates:
Packet 3 review complete: Feb 12, 2003
Packet 3 sent to US Embassy, New Delhi: Feb 14, 2003 (Guess)
Packet 3 in the US Embassy Computer System: Feb 21, 2003
Inteview dated finalized in US Embassy: March 11, 2003
Appointment letter in Packet 4 dated: March 12, 2003
Packet 4 post mark date on the envelope: March 24, 2003
Packet 4 received at the US residential address: March 29, 2003
Final interview date at US Embassy, New Delhi: April 16, 2003

Leaving for India on April 1, 2003.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Raju,

Thanks for your wishes. I also hope everythings goes smoothly. I will be updating my experiences as I get a chance to access the internet.

Thanks.

Signature on photo

cpDelhi,

A last minute tip:

You need to sign on the photo at the time of the interview.
As you are aware not all pens write properly on a photograph.

Try the pen out on some old photos(glossy) before taking it.

Goodluck.
Raju

Pen that writes well on the glossy paper

Raju,

Thanks for the tip. I didn't think about it from that perspective, although I would have been taking few different pens with me.

Thanks again.

case completed

Folks:
P3 MAILED : 3/17/03
p3 at NVC :3/19 (UPS tracking)
P3 entered into NVC system: 3/26
p3 review complete: 4/1

I am assuming "your case has been completed on 4/1 means 'review succesfully done'. Next AVM says please allow 8 weeks blah...
Any thoughts on possible interview date at NWD?
ps: Kudos to Raju/cpdelhi and others for awesome support!

Interview month

arreosamba,

Congrats on completion of the review process. Review in 5 days
is fantastic !!

Now your case would be forwarded to Delhi consulate in about
a weeks time.

At this point we can only be certain about the month of the
interview, which will be JUNE for you.

Speaking about the date would speculation.

Good luck.
Raju

Question on I-134 Affidavit of Support

Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone with experience on this I-134 form can help me (and many thanks to all the CP'ers!!! this forum rocks! :D)

1) On question 2 the form states "... and I have resided in the United States since (date) _____ ..." I'm confused since I'm not a resident. Am I supposed to write down the first day my H1B was issued? any other good suggestion?

2) On Question 3 I'm shure my wife will go there since she's on H4. My question goes on my son since he's U.S. citizen. Should I inlcude him on this affidavit?

Thanks a lot

Airetupal

Re: Question on I-134 Affidavit of Support

Originally posted by Airetupal
Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone with experience on this I-134 form can help me (and many thanks to all the CP'ers!!! this forum rocks! :D)

1) On question 2 the form states "... and I have resided in the United States since (date) _____ ..." I'm confused since I'm not a resident. Am I supposed to write down the first day my H1B was issued? any other good suggestion?

2) On Question 3 I'm shure my wife will go there since she's on H4. My question goes on my son since he's U.S. citizen. Should I inlcude him on this affidavit?

Thanks a lot

Airetupal

The question asked is since what date have you resided in US. You are residing in US even though you are not a permanent resident of US. So, enter the date from which you have lived in US.

No, you don't. Your son being a US citizen by virtue of birth need not be included in your GC process. You will prepare the I-134 for your wife only.