Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Question for cpDelhi

cpDelhi,

Why did you mention notorization for the following documents:

Marriage certificate,
Degree certificates.

I have not seen this as a requirement anywhere!
Is this a personal choice ?

Thanks.
Raju

I guess Mumabi requires 3 photos?

cpDelhi,

the photos are for medical examination, correct?
http://www.immihelp.com/
Looks like I am going to have to take 3 photos, since Mumbai consulate says 3 pictures.

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/in3/wwwhimmi.html#medical
......In consultation with the U.S. Public Health Service, we have expanded our panel physician program to include Breach Candy, Lilavati, and Hinduja Hospitals in Mumbai. Applicants may choose whichever of these designated hospitals is most convenient for them. At the time of the scheduled medical examination, the designated hospitals will require that everyone present a valid passport, the original visa appointment letter, and three (3) recent identical color passport-sized photographs. Applicants must make all arrangements for medical examinations, tests, and vaccinations with the hospitals directly........

but chennai consulate says four
http://madras.sphynx.com/wwwhfaq.php3?cat=4
......At the time of the scheduled medical examination, the designated doctors will require that everyone present a valid passport, the original visa appointment letter, and four (4) recent identical color passport-sized photographs. Applicants must make all arrangements for medical examinations, tests, and vaccinations with the doctors directly.......

thanks
KYCP

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Question for cpDelhi

Originally posted by Raju595
cpDelhi,

Why did you mention notorization for the following documents:

Marriage certificate,
Degree certificates.

I have not seen this as a requirement anywhere!
Is this a personal choice ?

Yes, Raju. I will be doing this out of personal choice. I just have one original of marriage and degree certificates. I plan to carry the original marriage certificate but not the original degree certificates. Hence I will just make a copy of each and get it notarized to be on safe side.

Thanks.
Raju

Photos required

The following quote from the US Embassy, New Delhi website says that one photograph is required. Looks like there is different at all the three US Consulates websites.

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhivmed.html

Quote from website:
For each family member, bring
· A passport
· One photograph
· All medical records of vaccinations, prior illnesses or treatments. You must discuss your medical history and current conditions - pregnancy, diabetes, hypertension and other conditions and medications taken - with the physician.

I will have atleast 4 immigrant style photographs with me. It doesn't hurt to have more... again to be on safe side...

Thanks.

Photo studios in New Delhi

Kumar Studio
E-28 South Ex Part II
New Delhi-110049
Phone: 6250123; 6256683

I am sure there are more studios in New Delhi. Please post on this site, if anybody else has more info about studios in New Delhi who know the immigration photo requirements and have been doing so.

Thanks.

Got the response back from NWD - My case was recd. on March 14. I am hoping for May interview. Lets see

here is the text

---------------

Dear Sir or Madam:

Your immigrant visa petition was received on March 14, 2003 from the NVC, from the date of receipt of the petition it usually takes minimum of 8 weeks to schedule the interview date. As soon as the interview date is scheduled we will intimate you at your local address in XXXXXXXXXX .

Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck guys

\rahul07

When did you send the e-mail

Rahul07,

When did you send the e-mail for which you posted the reply on this thread. I sent an e-mail query yesterday, but have not yet heard back from the US Embassy.

Thanks.

cpDelhi,

This was the reply to email I sent on last friday ( March 14).

Also today I got letter from NVC stating completion of my processing and case being forwarded to NWD. It also mentions to carry most current 3 years tax transcripts and supporting finacial proof that is current.

Question for you:

For tax transcripts - what specifically are u carrying? 1040 & W2's ? can we get some doc. from IRS ? if yes how?

Good luck with your interview

\rahul07

Re: When did you send the e-mail

Originally posted by cpDelhi
Rahul07,

When did you send the e-mail for which you posted the reply on this thread. I sent an e-mail query yesterday, but have not yet heard back from the US Embassy.

Thanks.

I've had the same experience with Mumbai lately. My case was forwarded to the consulate on 27 Feb 03 and after about 10 days dropped an email. I didn't hear back from them for couple of days and then tried calling them. After quite a few attempts was able to talk to them, they confirmed that their office have received my case. However, didn't tell me the likely interview date. The lady at the consulate told me to drop an email/fax asking the same to Chief Consular Officer. I did both (email and fax) but so far no luck.

There's no reply from the consulate to any of my email/fax, in the last couple of weeks.

Anybody experiencing the same problem @ Mumbai please chime in ...

Tax transcripts.,

The 1040s and W-2s are already with you and you would carry the copies.

For each of these returns carry the cancelled check
( if you paid the tax, and if available ) or the particulars of the
refund.

Tax transcripts are the letters you get from IRS on request.

There is a phone number you can call and you can put in your
request through the automatic system. You will get them in
mail in about 10 days. Other alternative would be to go to a local
IRS office and request the tax transcripts.

I do not have the IRS call in number at this time. May be cpDelhi
has it .

Raju

IRS number to request transcripts

Here is the IRS number to request transcipts for taxes paid.

An individual can request 10 tax transcripts for free.

Thanks.

Process for getting the duplicate interview letter?

What is the process of getting a duplicate packet4/interview letter from the US consulate?

I also need to get a duplicate interview letter from the US Embassy in New Delhi. If I ask my brother/parent to pick up the duplicate interview letter, what all do they need to request the duplicate letter. I know that I will have to provide my case number, but do they also have to prove their identity and also have an authorization letter from me?

Thanks in advance.

cpDelhi,
mumbai consulate mentioned that me or my friend can pick up a duplicate letter of appointment at the public information window. They did not mention what information is required (I am guessing cae number, applicant name, date of birth, the date of interview should suffice)
following is the reply from mumbai consulate:
You have an appointment scheduled for April 23, 2003. We are in the process of mailing you an appointment letter. If you do not get it in the next two weeks, you or a friend can collect a Duplicate Appointment Letter any business day before 11:00 a.m. from our public Information Window.

KYCP

how current

Folks:

Please comment on how current the employer letter should be, can I get one now even though I expect interview in Jun/July. Are you expected to wait until Packet 4/interview date from consulate?

Employment letter

Though there is no set validity period for employment letter, it is in best interest to get an employment letter as close as possible to the interview date.

Other CPers in the past have been getting employment letters from their employers about 1 to 2 month in advance and did not face any problem in this regard.

My employment letter is dated 3 week in advance of my interview date.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Packet 4, Not yet

KYCP,

I have not received packet 4 yet. When I called the US Embassy, New Delhi, the rep told me that my packet was sent to my residential address in US about 4 days back. The mail sent by US Embassy is a diplomatic mail. I am sure packet 4 will not be in my hands before my departure to India on April 1. Hence I requested the consular officer to send a duplicate packet 4 to a local address in India. The officer oblidged and sent packet 4 to the local address and confirmed by sending an e-mail to me.

Thanks.

Address for Packet 4

cpDelhi,

Have you not provided the address in India where you
wanted your Packe 4 to be mailed, in the first place??

Raju