Consular Processing (New Delhi)

CpDelhi, Congrats.

Congratulations on your successful intervieiw. Thanks for your detailed explanations about your interview experience.

cpDelhi,

Congratulations again. Thanks for the detailed posting about
your medical and interview.

You know that, these kind of details were expected of you.

Raju

Question for CPdelhi, Raju and others..

I initially applied for concurrent I140 and I485 from CA

my I140 details are
RD 01/08/03
AD 04/16/03 EB2 RIR through Employment

Since it got I140 approved quicker than I expected, I really wanted to switch to CP instead of 485. After seeing all u guys cases CP approval in delhi within six months , I am all excited to do so. Relatively longer time in 485 of 15-16 months is pushing me in this direction.
But it looks like that it is little hard to switchover this time.I am not worried about losing job in next six months and also making a trip to india in this regards.
What is ur advice.
Please advise. Any help is appreciated.

What's 'Medical Appointment'

The letter from NWD (with Pkt4) talks about two dates.

Visa Appointment : 20th May 2003 at 9AM

Medical Appointment : 28th April (no time is mentioned)

I have no idea about this Medical Appointment. Does it means that I have to be present there on 28th also. Or this is a formality.

Rahul - Do you have that too ?

Raju - any idea ?

Thanks

spp2000,

I haven't recd. packet 4 yet....so can't answer your question.

When did you receive your p-4 ? in US or local ??

I am going to email NWD today to ask them to mail P-4 to local address in India too.

My 2 cents on your question - based on what I have read on this forum Medical appointment date is formality and you can get it done at your convenience provided its before interview and from doctors approved by NWD.
Gurus, pls confirm.

Good luck,

\rahul07

rahul : Thanks for your 2 cents. I was thinking on the same line.

My packet 4 was received in my local address in Delhi and brother read out the contents over phone.

By the way, what about tickets and PCC ?

Thanks,
Satya Patnaik

I got my PCC thru SFO in about 30 days last week - Had to continuosly keep insisting them about my situation and finally someone melted there and issued me the PCC. My old PCC was from july '02.

About tickets - I booked on Northwest/KLM - that was cheaper for me - 1460 incl. taxes thru europe. Other cheaper options were thru SARS areas.

If you are flying before May 15th - Air India might be a cheaper optionas they are hiking their rates after May 15.

Any luck with your PCC, Keep calling the consulate and may be someone there will finally understand your situation and issue you the PCC.

Good luck,

Hope this helps
\rahul07

spp2000 ,

I was not aware the Consualte also suggests the medical
appointment date.

I have not seen my Packet 4 papers from Chennai, so my
comments are not first hand.

Even otherwise you should be OK fixing the Medical tests
at a time of your convenience.

Raju

SPP ... I looked at ur case in cptracker

did u do it by AC-140 method ?
or simply applied for CP after I-140 approval.

Is there anyone who used copy of I824 or AC-140
to go for CP at delhi?

Please help! as I am planning to do so!

Reply from NWD

Case sent to NWD: 4/10/03
Got a reply back from NWD saying that most likely IV will be in second half of June . Q: 4/17, A: 4/24
It seems to me most EB2's are on Tue or Thurs.

Re: What's 'Medical Appointment'

Originally posted by spp2000
The letter from NWD (with Pkt4) talks about two dates.

Visa Appointment : 20th May 2003 at 9AM

Medical Appointment : 28th April (no time is mentioned)

I have no idea about this Medical Appointment. Does it means that I have to be present there on 28th also. Or this is a formality.

It's just a formality and a guide for who need. You may fix the doc appointment at your concenience.

Rahul - Do you have that too ?
Every interview letter issued in packet 4 in New Delhi had a medical appointment date also.

Raju - any idea ?

Thanks

Photographs for medical

Thanks cpDelhi.

I will reach Delhi on 15th May night. I have taken appointment from Dr. Jain on 16th (Friday). I have to take photos on the same day (photos are required for medical also). I have the interview on 20th (Tuesday).

Is it ok or too close. Can I take the photos here instead of India to avoid last minute rush. Or same day photo and medical is ok?

Guys,

I recd. my Packet-4 here in US today - Interview date May 22.

Like spp2000, mine also shows that my medical appointment is on April 28 - I guess I don't have to worry about that.

Question for forum .

Q1. Same as spp2000 as asked - CAn I take photos from US for my medical appointment.

Q2. My letter says it can take 4-7 days for medical report - I know from this forum that we can get reports in one day but What possible scenarios will lead to 4-7 days medical.

As always good luck to all of you.

\rahul07

How many photos are required ?

For each person 3 photos are required by Embassy and 2 photos for medical. Am I correct ?

2. Can I take these photos at Sears or some othe place here ?

Let us be clear when talking about photos.

This gives rise to lot of confusion to inexperienced members.

The photo requirement for Immigrant visas are as follows:

1) Adit style( Immigration style / Looking 45 degrees to the
left showing the right ear). Color with white background.

3 in number. 2 of them to be signed at the front bottom and
the third one un-signed.

The photo lab would know the details.

2) Passport style ( looking directly at the camara).

Required for the medical. I have not seen them being asked
for the consulate.

How many? Not sure. Miniumum 2. Take 4 or 5 ( how does it
matter??)

spp2000,

Sears may not take the Immigration style photos for you. If it is
passport style photos, then you are free to take them anywhere.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading my packet-4 here are the details I found

We need (as per packet-4)

2 Photos for embassy ( though carry 3-4 won't hurt)
3 photos for medical

Specs for photos for embassy ( Don't know if they are same for medical):

Glossy color passport-size photograph with white background. subject in 3/4 frontal portrait, showing the right side of face with the right ear visible (no earings, no glasses). Photo's outer dimension must be larger that 35mmX40mm (widthXheight) but headsize (including hair) must fit within the size 26mmX30mm .

Hope this helps

I am not sure but someone suggested Ritz photos do have these specs and they do take these kind of passport size photos in US.

\kd