Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Type: Employment based Green card
Submitted application: 84 days before completion of 5 years on GC
Simple Traffic Tickets: Notified on the application
District Office: Chicago

7/27/2009: N-400 Mailed
7/28/2009: N-400 Received by USCIS
7/28/2009: Priority Date
8/03/2009: Bank Cashier's Check (cashed)
8/06/2009: Notice received date (mail)
8/10/2009: FP Notice Received
8/25/2009: FP Appointment Date
?/??/2009: CFR - Check List Received
?/??/2009: Interview Letter Received
?/??/2009: Interview Date
?/??/2009: Oath Letter Received
?/??/2009: Oath Ceremony Date

My case update. Passport received.

My case

D/O Chicago
3/16/2009 N-400 Mailed to Lincoln, Nebraska. But reached to Phoenix, AZ.
3/19/2009 N-400 Received
3/23/2009 Priority Date
4/06/2009 Notice Date
4/10/2009 FP Notice Received
4/18/2009 FP Appointment & Done

6/05/2009 Interview Letter Received
7/22/2009 Interview Date
7/25/2009 Oath Letter Received
7/28/2009 Oath Date -- Now citizen

7/29/2009 Passport Applied in Post Office - Regular way
8/13/2009 Passport Received

Hi,
Today my status changed to the following:

"On August 5, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address"

But the only thing I received was Finger Prints notice scheduled for Aug 25th. The FP notice date was Aug 6th. Could someone please tell me if the above status is related to FP notice or is it something else not related to FP. Thanks.

spiderman3 my case status never changed. I have an Interview scheduled for next week and still there is an initial information about received application. I believe that your case status will change each time they send you any letter. This particular time additional information they requested are your fingerprints, I believe. I f you are worried you can try calling USCIS for additional info.
Good luck

spiderman3 my case status never changed. I have an Interview scheduled for next week and still there is an initial information about received application. I believe that your case status will change each time they send you any letter. This particular time additional information they requested are your fingerprints, I believe. I f you are worried you can try calling USCIS for additional info.
Good luck

I opened a new thread in the main page and I already see few responses from the people whose status changed to RFE just like mine around FP notice time. Could it be possible that it is a new thing from upgarded USCIS online systems? I called USCIS today but she (rep) says it's different even though I got the feeling she is not aware of what's going on and giving a known answer on the issue. Your advice?

Hi,
Today my status changed to the following:

"On August 5, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address"

But the only thing I received was Finger Prints notice scheduled for Aug 25th. The FP notice date was Aug 6th. Could someone please tell me if the above status is related to FP notice or is it something else not related to FP. Thanks.

My status remains the same. I did my FP on 8/5/09

All cases filed with USCIS other than N-400 has interface with internal online system, posting details about cases, meaning if any file has been touched often referred to soft & hard lud's (last updated dates). Whereas N-400 details are never updated on online system status

All cases filed with USCIS other than N-400 has interface with internal online system, posting details about cases, meaning if any file has been touched often referred to soft & hard lud's (last updated dates). Whereas N-400 details are never updated on online system status

This thread should give us a clue as to what's happening with N-400 online status updates lately. Many of them had RFE status for FP notice and none of them received any RFE seperately and some of them finished their FP already. Also, many of them filed their N-400's recently.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=302000

Today I met an attorney to find out what is the latest situation at Chicago DO, according to him they are processing cases with PD date 6/18 or before but they are processing cases from outside of chicagoland area mainly from champagne, Springfield, Decatur, glena & Rockford area. He is expected them to start processing the chicagoland cases next week. So keep u r fingers crossed.:)

what happens to the cases when they say decision cannot be made will they put the file all the way under the pile or they put it on the side for more info etc....... any ideas

They go to a supervisor for review and adjudication.

thanx bobsmyth only thing i need to get clear you said supervisor does the adjudication so he make the decision right away or he / she transfer the file to any other IO for final decision to issue oath letter

bobsmyth one more question on 8 august my status changed the my file has transfered to local office but i had an interview in may 2009 I know it was an error you got the same email . but i went to see something on my uscis account i saw that last update was on 13 august 2009 does that means my file has been touched by the supervisor or my decision has been made

thanx bobsmyth only thing i need to get clear you said supervisor does the adjudication so he make the decision right away or he / she transfer the file to any other IO for final decision to issue oath letter

The majority of the time, the IO who interviews you cannot adjudicate the case alone..they file must get sent to a superior IO in the same building for adjudication.

bobsmyth one more question on 8 august my status changed the my file has transfered to local office but i had an interview in may 2009 I know it was an error you got the same email . but i went to see something on my uscis account i saw that last update was on 13 august 2009 does that means my file has been touched by the supervisor or my decision has been made

I wouldn't go by the online status system..it's notoriously inaccurate.
Schedule an Infopass instead to find out the status of your case.

Today I met an attorney to find out what is the latest situation at Chicago DO, according to him they are processing cases with PD date 6/18 or before but they are processing cases from outside of chicagoland area mainly from champagne, Springfield, Decatur, glena & Rockford area. He is expected them to start processing the chicagoland cases next week. So keep u r fingers crossed.:)

Any update, anyboy as of today?
Cheers