Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Bulls-Fan

Registered Users (C)
Here is my timeline

Nebraska Service Center
Chicago District Office

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude those dates looks promising, is that normal for N-400 on Chicago?

I am putting together my documents (usual nothing fancy: never been arested, never married)

I should mail my docs by this week, do you have any pointers for me? what mailing method did you use?

Thanks ang good luck!

Looks promising

Here is my time line. Based on previous posting, I shoudl be getting the FP notice soon!

Application Sent - 5/4/2006
Check Encahsed - 5/9/2006
Received Date - 5/8/2006
Priority Date - 5/8/2006
Fingerprint Notificcation -?
Finger Appointment - ?
Interview Date - ?
Oath Date - ??

I followed this procedure and may not necessarily be correct and do not know if it helped either. I assumed that the person opening the application packet would be overworked and underpaid, so I ended up making it easy for them.

• A cover letter along with the N400 application
  • US postal service with overnight delivery (no return receipt is necessary ~ you can track this online)
  • Every attachment sequenced and cross referenced by the cover letter
  • I had completed the application form using the adobe fillable kind form, so everything was easier to read
  • Check and re-check your application and supporting documents
  • Submit one check for both app fee and biometric fee made payable to USCIS
  • Keep your fingers crossed until you obtain your citizenship ~ cause Murphy's law will come true

Good Luck to you!

Bulls-Fan said:
I followed this procedure and may not necessarily be correct and do not know if it helped either. I assumed that the person opening the application packet would be overworked and underpaid, so I ended up making it easy for them.

• A cover letter along with the N400 application
  • US postal service with overnight delivery (no return receipt is necessary ~ you can track this online)
  • Every attachment sequenced and cross referenced by the cover letter
  • I had completed the application form using the adobe fillable kind form, so everything was easier to read
  • Check and re-check your application and supporting documents
  • Submit one check for both app fee and biometric fee made payable to USCIS
  • Keep your fingers crossed until you obtain your citizenship ~ cause Murphy's law will come true

Good Luck to you!

Thanks a lot! You seem to put an extra effort on making you docs neat and well organize, I will try to do the same, the cover letter was a great idea!

also this may sound stupid but I'll ask anyway, for the payment check, did you mean 1 check each fee? (1 for N-400 and 1 for biometrics) or just 1 $400.00 check?

I have checked with my bank and check has not cleared even after 5 days. I put it in favor of "DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY" instead of USCIS as instruction as to do either or.

Interview at Chicago

Anyone have any pointers for interviewing at Chicago DO. This is on 536 S Clark, Chicago downtown. Any parking nearby? I have located a few on Google, but personal experiences are welcome. Typically what is the duration from Interveiw to Oath?

Bulls-Fan said:
Anyone have any pointers for interviewing at Chicago DO. This is on 536 S Clark, Chicago downtown. Any parking nearby? I have located a few on Google, but personal experiences are welcome. Typically what is the duration from Interveiw to Oath?

There are plenty of Parking garage on that area, be prepared to pay $17.00+, forget street parking, even if you find a spot, they are all metered.

Good luck and keep us posted

OK More progress from my end. Got my FP Notice today
So the trail...
Application Sent - 5/4/2006
Check Encahsed - 5/9/2006
Received Date - 5/8/2006
Priority Date - 5/8/2006
Fingerprint ND: 5/15/2006
Finger Appointment - 6/2/2006
Interview Date - ?
Oath Date - ??

UPDATE: just got from the mail 2 envelopes from CIS, receipt and FP letter of appointment, notice date of receipt is 5/26 and FP appointmt is 5/30 but for some reason they were mailed out 5/31.

5/18/06 - N400 mailed to Nebraska SC (USPS Express)
5/19/06 - NSC app received
5/24/06 - Check cashed
6/3/06 - Receipt and FP Appoint letter received
6/8/06 - FP Appointment

plangkitok said:
UPDATE: Just checked my Bank account on-line and my check payment for N400 has been cashed...

5/18/06 - N400 mailed to Nebraska SC (USPS Express)
5/19/06 - NSC app received
5/24/06 - Check cashed

Looks like we both mailed the applications on the same day, But I mailed in regular mail (first class mail not express). I am encouraged to see your post, because mine will get there in couple of days, Hopefully.
Thanks

Recent Interview experience at Chicago?

Please post your recent interview experiences at Chicago DO. Thanks to query 11 and others for the many pointers and tips for interviewing.
Has anyone had the experience of interviewing and taking oath on the same day in Chicago?

Interview Experience...

Bulls-Fan said:
Please post your recent interview experiences at Chicago DO. Thanks to query 11 and others for the many pointers and tips for interviewing.
Has anyone had the experience of interviewing and taking oath on the same day in Chicago?

I am also from Chicago. I do not think we have the privilege of interview and oath on the same day.My dates are as follows:

Application Sent - 2/14/2006
Received - 2/15/2006
Check Encahsed - 2/17/2006.
Receipt Number - 2/24/2006
Fingerprint Notificcation - 3/1/2006
Finger Appointment - 3/24/2006
Interview Date - 6/15/2006
Oath Date - 08/24/2006
:)