Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

see my signature.

saint365 - I have the same interview date as you, though you filed later than me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about drsganji, but when I did change address, I have received the email from USCIS after month that my address change inquiry is made.

Case status was not updated online.

saint365,
I am really surprised that you received FP notice within 3 days of USCIS receiving your application. That means USCIS should have created a case in their system (notice date) on the same day they received it and also mailed FP notice at the same time. Is that right?

saint365,
I am really surprised that you received FP notice within 3 days of USCIS receiving your application. That means USCIS should have created a case in their system (notice date) on the same day they received it and also mailed FP notice at the same time. Is that right?

Yes, I have received both of notices in same time. :)

District Office: Chicago

7/27/2009: N-400 Mailed
7/28/2009: N-400 Received by USCIS
?/??/2009: Notice Date
?/??/2009: Bank Cashier's Check (cashed)
?/??/2009: FP Notice Received
?/??/2009: FP Appointment Date
?/??/2009: CFR - Check List Received
?/??/2009: Interview Letter Received
?/??/2009: Interview Date
?/??/2009: Oath Letter Received
?/??/2009: Oath Ceremony Date

did anyone take their fingerprints at USCIS Pulaski??
do anyone know if i can go there early and take my FP before the appointment time?
i dont need to reschedule my appt but i must take it earlier that day

My case

D/O Chicago
3/16/2009 N-400 Mailed to Lincoln, Nebraska. But reached to Phoenix, AZ.
3/19/2009 N-400 Received
3/23/2009 Priority Date
4/06/2009 Notice Date
4/10/2009 FP Notice Received
4/18/2009 FP Appointment & Done

6/05/2009 Interview Letter Received
7/22/2009 Interview Date
7/25/2009 Oath Letter Received
7/28/2009 Oath Date -- Now citizen.

vsshah Congrats!!!:)
So they send you oath letter? You didn't want to wait or they don't give oath letters? Some of the people got their oath letters the day of the interview. I was wondering if you could do the same?

Oath letter will be given after 40 minutes of interview and as well as in mail too

popolka,

Oath letter (which shows oath location and date/time) will be given after 40 minutes of your interview. As well as, it will come to your home address also.

Good Luck..

My Case

06/27/09 : N-400 Mailed to Pheonix, AZ
06/28/09 : Mail received
06/29/09 : Check Cashed.
06/29/09 : Priority Date.
07/02/09 : NOA Received
07/07/09 : FP Notice Received ( I-797C).
07/29/09 : FP done on scheduled date
xx/xx/09 : Interview Letter & Check list.
xx/xx/09 : Interview Date
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

I was just curious, why would people try to get finger printing done before the schedule date. Most of us waited all along to get green card, a week won't make any difference in getting citizenship. I would rather see this behaviour stereotyped by USCIS and cause unneccesary bottle neck. I guess being desi we never followed or acustomed to Queue system even after staying here for ? years. :)

Have people with June PD started receiving IL yet? Other DOs have already started sending them. So, I wonder what's up with the windy city!
Cheers

popolka,

Oath letter (which shows oath location and date/time) will be given after 40 minutes of your interview. As well as, it will come to your home address also.

Good Luck..

That's only true for people who live in Chicago and Chicago suburbs.

For applicants from central and southern Illinois, even if they have interviews in Chicago, the oath letters are not given at the conclusion of the interview but rather mailed later. The reason is that the federal courts in the areas of Illinois outside of Chicago have oath ceremonies much less frequently, so people from those areas usually have to wait longer for their oaths .

7/27/2009: N-400 Mailed
7/28/2009: N-400 Received by USCIS
?/??/2009: Notice/Receipt Date
8/03/2009: Bank Cashier's Check (cashed)
?/??/????: Notice received date (mail)
?/??/2009: FP Notice Received
?/??/2009: FP Appointment Date
?/??/2009: CFR - Check List Received
?/??/2009: Interview Letter Received
?/??/2009: Interview Date
?/??/2009: Oath Letter Received
?/??/2009: Oath Ceremony Date

Just had my FP taken, it took less than 10 min and was a very pleasant experience.
One concern though, every time my FP were taken, the system showed a message "Match Found". I dont know if its a good thing or a bad. Any1 out there who can shed some light on it.
BTW my FP site was Naperville, IL

thanks.

Have people with June PD started receiving IL yet? Other DOs have already started sending them. So, I wonder what's up with the windy city!
Cheers

Ronaldo2009 - My PD is also in June but I have FP done yesterday. For somehow my case is REALLY SLOW (see my signature). I'll let you know when I receive IL (I bet you'll get it before me :)

Chicago75 - Your case is interesting. When I was finger printing, I saw text "not found". I had no idea what it means. My fingerprint scores were also low (between 55 to 69). The officer who finger printed me said the scores are ok. BTW I did FP at Naperville center as well.

Just had my FP taken, it took less than 10 min and was a very pleasant experience.
One concern though, every time my FP were taken, the system showed a message "Match Found". I dont know if its a good thing or a bad. Any1 out there who can shed some light on it.
BTW my FP site was Naperville, IL

thanks.

It is not a matter of concern - it probably means that you were found/recognized by the system (from prior fingerprint records)