Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

N400-mn

FP Date: 04/01/08 (St. Paul)
Interview Letter: ???

Can anyone help me what number to call for FBI to see whether the FP is cleared
Thanks

Wife's interview experience today

We just came back from my wife's interview. Everything went well and she was told that the oath letter will arrive in 2-3 weeks. They were running late and she was called in 1 hour after the scheduled time. She was asked all the usual stuff - 10 history questions, verification of all information on N400, write and speak 1 english sentence. Now the wait begins again for the oath letter. But looking at pal70 and r00724's parents and brother timeline, i hope it will arrive within 2 weeks.

Good luck to everyone.

My wife's interview was on May 01 at the 3rd floor. We arrived at 7:30AM and our sheduled time was 8:05AM. Howeverr there were many people called in before my wife. However she was finally called in around 8:30AM.

She came out in 10 mins. All she was asked was 2 questions and 1 sentence to write. Officer went through application. The officer was so friendly that it totally blew my wife off. A total happy experience. Said that it would take a month for oath letter.

I had my interview on April 30th. Interview was at 08:05 AM. I stay in Northern suburbs and decided to drive and started at 05:30 AM(did not want to take any chances,especially with the construction on ). Reached Downtwon Chicago by 06:45 AM, saw a small crowd in front of the building, went and had a coffee at a dunkins donuts nearby(too sweet). I forgot to take the civics questions book from the car though and figured I forgot where I parked my car and spend some time searching for the garage($12.00 for parking, in by 07:00 or 09:00 forgot which).
The interview was good. The officer was very polite and made small talk walking to her office. She made me stand and take the oath (I did not realize this was needed inspite of reading all along about it) and then we sat down. The sequence afterwards is
1. The officer said I will be asked 10 questions and 6/10 means I will pass the test. I answered the first 6
2. She made me write a sentence that was hard. I guess I am forgetting how to write.
3. She made me read a sentence. That was fine.
4. The application was reviewed. I mentioned my new address and she updated the system. The update I made thru uscis.gov has not been reflected in the system.
5. My wife is on a work visa. We had gotten married after I got my GC. She asked if my wife is filing for citizenship and I explained that she is not a permanent resident yet. The officer recommended that I file for as soon as I become a citizen. I agreed.
4. She asked me if I was in US before my 26th birthday (true), but I was on a work visa and did not need to register for Selective services. The officer agreed.
5. The trips were reviewed.
6. She went thru all sections in the application and I answered. It was good that I reviewed the application the day before (thanks to my wife, she recommended that I do so).
7. The officer was extremely polite and courteous.
8. She made me print my name on the photos that I had sent along with N400. She did this neat trick on rubbing of the gloss with an eraser so that I can write easily.
9. I also signed 2 papers. I do not remember what it read (isn’t that bad), but I do remember that she wanted my full name to show when signing and recommended that I print my full name otherwise. I did that.
I got an N652 with “You passed the tests etc checked and A).Congratulations ticked. The officer said I should get the letter for the oath ceremony in 2 weeks and it will be in Federal court building in Dearborn (I think) St.
I will be extremely happy after the oath ceremony.

I saw some folks coming with kids. Unless they interview you together, you might want to stagger the interview. The little one might not allow you to focus(I have a 3 year princess).

is it true that you are not allowed to travel abroad until the oath ceremony after interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation for the ones who just passed the Interview: lazerthegreat, shahar5 and sankarnp... . the end of tunnel is appearing :)

^Here is the timeline for my dad and brother (I am still waiting for an oath date)

My Dad

N-400 filed 07/28/2007
FP taken 11/28/2007
Interview Date 04/15/2008
Oath Ceremony 05/05/2008

My Bro

N-400 filed 07/28/2007
FP taken 11/28/2007
Interview Date 04/17/2008
Oath Ceremony 05/06/2008

Any help on rescheduling interview

Hi Folks,

Would you please share me any ideas on how to reschedule interview to a later date.

Thanks

My oath ceremony is scheduled on 5/15.
Time line is
Send in the application around 11/15.
FP : last week of December
Interview : 4/30
Oath scheduled : 5/15.

sankarnp,

That was pretty fast for them to send you your oath letter. My wife had interview on the same day as you. Hopefully she gets her oath letter by next week and she can get the oath done by the end of this month.

Congrats on the oath letter.

My oath ceremony is scheduled on 5/15.
Time line is
Send in the application around 11/15.
FP : last week of December
Interview : 4/30
Oath scheduled : 5/15.

Interview reschedule Please help

Hi Folks,

Would you please share me any ideas on how to reschedule interview to a later date.

Thanks

I got my oath letter as well. Sorry was a lil busy to update the Chicago thread. My timeline is in my signature

chitown08: Interview reschedule

Hi Chitown08,

Took an info pass at Chicago. Receptionist has sent me to a counter. The lady at the counter talked about sending an email to chi400reschd. But the email returned undelivered. Went to 3rd floor where the citizenship section is. The lady at the 3rd counter has asked me to wait until month of interview and write a letter.

Confused what is needed and how to do it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks