Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Done with fingerprints today at ASC Pulaski - takes me 15 min. to get there, less then 10 min. to fill out the form and for fingerprints. For less then a hour I was at home :) people there was very kind and nice.

boyfrombbay congrats :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In April, May, June, we would have someone interviewed every other days! Do not forget to share the interview expereinces!!! :D

Go...Chicago...Go!!!

Good News: IL letter

Hi Guys,

I have received my IL for 06/24/08. But here is the question. I am leaving to India on 06/07/08.

I have two questions, if you guys could please shed some light.

1. Would it be possible either to prepone/postpone the date. What happens if I postpone this.

2. How many days we need to wait for Oath date?

Thanks,
Chandra

Hi Guys,

I have received my IL for 06/24/08. But here is the question. I am leaving to India on 06/07/08.

1. Would it be possible either to prepone/postpone the date. What happens if I postpone this.

Thanks,
Chandra

1) you can postpone. Iits on the interview letter how to postpone.
2) oath can be called an average 2 weeks to 8 weeks after interview in chicago do....

Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Chandra

Congrats nandamuru - Chandra... :)

chitown08 thanks :) I think I have to wait at least 2 weeks more - I just compete my fingerprints yesterday. I`am thinking to call FBI within a 3 days to find out is it everything ok with my fingerprints. Good luck to all

i had my interview on 05/29/2007 and my case recommended for final approval but i havent get my oat ceremony letter yet and decided to call them yesterday and now im more confuse. They said my case is still pending for security check. I dont understand i thought i was cleared before they called me for the interview. any suggestion would be helpfull

Last edited by a moderator:
i had my interview on 05/29/2007 and my case recommended for final approval but i havent get my oat ceremony letter yet and decided to call them yesterday and now im more confuse. They said my case is still pending for security check. I dont understand i thought i was cleared before they called me for the interview. any suggestion would be helpfull

Prior to last summer, it was common practice to schedule and conduct interviews while name check was still pending. The good news is that the USCIS must make a decision on your case within 120 days of the interview, and they can't deny your application just because the name check is still pending. You need to file a WOM with 1447(b) IMMEDIATELY, and you'll get your oath letter within a month or so.

thanks Vorpal,
what does "WOM with 1447(b)" means could you give me more info.

WOM = Writ Of Mandamus. Essentially, it's a legal provision where a court compels a government agency to perform its assigned task through a judicial order (in this case, the assigned task is for the USCIS to adjudicate your N-400). 1447(b) is a legal provision that states that the USCIS must adjudicate your application within 120 days of the interview. Since you've already had your interview nearly a year ago, all you need to demonstrate to the judge is that it's been considerably over 120 days. More likely than not, you won't even have to appear before the judge and your oath letter will be sent to you within a couple of weeks. I suggest checking out the "Anyone thinking of lawsuit against the USCIS" sticky. A member named lazycis is very knowledgeable in the field, and he'll be able to help you out with the specifics.