Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

thanks a lot for your help i really appreciated it and i hope you will receive your your interview letter soon

Changing Interview Date

Would one of you let me know how do I change the Interview date? Can I ask for an inerview after specific month, I will be leaving to India and will be back in August. Can I ask for an interview after Aug ?? Do I need to take an info pass for this ??

Thanks

Would one of you let me know how do I change the Interview date? Can I ask for an inerview after specific month, I will be leaving to India and will be back in August. Can I ask for an interview after Aug ?? Do I need to take an info pass for this ??

Thanks

hi nandamuru,
to be on the safe side, I suggest you schedule Infopass ASAP since you will still need another printed copy of "modified-date" Interview Letter IMHO... so that you can enjoy your trip peacefully and come back to US with already new scheduled interview date.

nandamuru:
someone who has done it will hopefully chime in...i don't really know how...doesn't it say in your IL how to do it?

my god, man, you must be brave...if i ever got an Int appt, i wouldn't think of postponing it unless it was matter of life and death...i would do my best to just get the freaking thing done...after so much work and waiting.

Not to be confused with Interview Letter LOL :D

(IMHO= In My Humble Opinion, LOL=Laughing Out Loud etc..acronyms used on internet when chatting)

Hi Nandamuru,
Sorry if I confuse you, what I mean is the new Interview Letter with your NEW date. IMHO is just an abbreviation 'in my humble opinion.' You still have more than 2 months right now so seeing Immigration Officer (IO) ASAP I think will give you timing-safety net.

Guys i need help

PD dec 12 2006
filed dec 27 2006
FP Jan 19 2007
IL ????????

Since you're stuck in name check for so long and you've exhausted your options (from previous posts), you can either file WOM or wait that they clear your name in the coming months as they promised.

Update with Oath letter and date

Here is an update on my oath letter and date for anyone following those dates:

N-400 mailed - 07/25/2007
Priority Date - 07/27/2007
Check Cashed - 10/25/2007
NOA Received - 11/06/2007
Fingerprint Notice - 11/07/2007
Fingerprint Date - 11/27/2007
Interview Notice - 02/12/2008
Interview Date - 04/02/2008 (N-652 rec for approval)
Oath Notice - 04/14/2008 (N-445)
Oath Date - 04/29/2008

Best wishes to everyone especially those awaiting a decision.

Here is an update on my oath letter and date for anyone following those dates:

N-400 mailed - 07/25/2007
Priority Date - 07/27/2007
Check Cashed - 10/25/2007
NOA Received - 11/06/2007
Fingerprint Notice - 11/07/2007
Fingerprint Date - 11/27/2007
Interview Notice - 02/12/2008
Interview Date - 04/02/2008 (N-652 rec for approval)
Oath Notice - 04/14/2008 (N-445)
Oath Date - 04/29/2008

Best wishes to everyone especially those awaiting a decision.

Congratulations pal70.... just few weeks away from becoming a Proud American.... well technically you are ALREADY ... :D:D:D
Wow I am so glad looking at your time between Interview Date to your receiving Oath Letter is ONLY 12Days!!! That's looks a promising smooth timing for Chicago DO...
Thank you for sharing your info :)

sorry i've been awol for a while. got my IL for 5/21. i want to go back to bangladesh at the end of june. do you guys think it's possible to get my oath and passport by then? do you think i should mention it at the end of the interview? my dad has a medical situation that i want to go home for.
also, i'm moving june 1. when do you recommend i change my address with uscis? 2 weeks in advance?

Friends, need your comments, who have finished interviews in Chicago office. Will they allow us to take my kids along to the interview ? Problem is getting a baby sitter for the day and we both (I & my wife) have interview at the same time 8.25 am.

Friends, need your comments, who have finished interviews in Chicago office. Will they allow us to take my kids along to the interview ? Problem is getting a baby sitter for the day and we both (I & my wife) have interview at the same time 8.25 am.

Yes, you can take them to the waiting area.