Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

To All,
I received the plastic card my wife and myself today. Everything looks good. I am waiting for the SSN to arrive for my wife and son now.

KovaiGC and others who are looking forward for you interview, just relax, it will work out smoothly. Best of luck.

kovaiGC said:
02/18/05 8:00 am Lister Labs:
No crowd was out within 15 mins after blood sample and x rays. There are two branches in Jagannathan street you have to go the second one which is head office where immigration related tests are done.

9:00 am:
Foto India (Kodak), note this opens after nine and they deliver photos after 30 mins.

5:00 pm: Collected sealed envelopes from Lister Labs

02/19/05: 9:30 am Padma Nursing Home for Physicals: Only few people were there when I went for my 10:00 am appt, since had an appt was called first and came out by 12:00 am. Make sure you book an appt before to avoid delays.

Couting days and waiting for my interview.., will try to post details when I get a chance. Wish me luck folks.

kovaiGC, Wish you good luck.
Waiting to hear from you on your experience at the consulate.

-sg

Thanks Snm & Srinivas.

Skater & others who attended the interview on 18th, When u get a chance pls post u r experience.

Not sure if I will be able to come out for one more session of browsing.

AC-140 at Chennai

Can any one of you tell me if Chennai accepts AC-140 cases? Also, is an I824 receipt good enough (and not an approved I-824)? If Chennai does not accept such cases, can we applly at Mumbai? Appreciate your replies.

quick question !

if my PD is not current, am I correct in interpreting that i will be able to complete all paperwork/process leading up to the time when the NVC forwards your file to the consulate.

OR my file will not be looked at after 140 approval till my PD is current?

thanks for your help !!

jeet0404 said:
Thanks for the info SNM.

Clue_gc,

If you know when your labor applicaiton was submitted, then you will know whether the PD is affecting you or not.

As far as I know, you need not to send any documents to your attorney at this stage. But no harm to check with your attorney :)

You can check with NVC whether they have created a case for you or not. The number you can call is : 603-334-0700.

Jeet

Nishokie,

As far as I know, NVC doesn't even start processing further till your PD is current. At the same time I have read some where in this portal that, NVC will do everything but they don't fwd your case to consulate till your PD is current. Don't know which one is right.

It would be better to check about this with Sr members like Alern , Raju etc.

Jeet

How TO KNOW ?

Hi Guru's,

Please can anyone tell me how can I know that I opted CP, in I140 Approval Notice ?.

Thanks,
Clue_gc

jeet0404 said:
Nishokie,

As far as I know, NVC doesn't even start processing further till your PD is current. At the same time I have read some where in this portal that, NVC will do everything but they don't fwd your case to consulate till your PD is current. Don't know which one is right.

It would be better to check about this with Sr members like Alern , Raju etc.

Jeet
Nope - NVC is processing cases without PDs current. The NVC does all its work including the review and case forwarding. The case goes to the consulate and stays there till the PD becomes current - am going thru this situation

in your I140 application petition, it ask you if you want to file AOS or want to get an immigrant visa thru the consulate....

clue_gc said:
Hi Guru's,

Please can anyone tell me how can I know that I opted CP, in I140 Approval Notice ?.

Thanks,
Clue_gc

in your I140 application petition, it ask you if you want to file AOS or want to get an immigrant thru the consulate....
i just filled out my I-140 form...

clue_gc said:
Hi Guru's,

Thanks,
Clue_gc

clue_gc said:
Hi Guru's,

Thanks,
Clue_gc

Your approval notice, I-797, will state the following:

....We have sent it to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC).....

Ssn

Does anybody know how long it takes to receive the SSN from the date of entry after CP?
Or Should one go to the local SSN office to obtain the number for dependents even though one has opted to receive a number during CP interview?

Successful Interview on 22nd

Hi All,

By God's grace we had a successful CP interview on 22nd and received our passports today with iv stamp valid for 6 months and sealed covers.

Before typing my expr. I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to Rajiv Khanna for this awesome site and CP seniors like Raju, Alren, KD who are still around with their valuable suggestions and recent cpers and all users of this forum who had patiently answered my queries.

Feb 22nd:
We reached consulate at 8:35 am for our 9:00 am interview, but had to wait till 9:05 am to get in. The security check is very strict, make sure that you do not carry any sealed envelopes (they will send you out to open it), if you have any water bottles/baby formula etc they make you take a sip in front of them. :mad: .

Walked in to the iv area and was baffled for moment not knowing what to do after reaching there. Finally found a seat and settled. Future CPers just go and wait in that area your names will be called based on the schedule for the day.After 20min an office staff handed over an address slip for the courier, while filling it itself an indian officer called my name and asked me to seperate my docs, my spouse docs, my child's docs seperately and to handover my docs initially, he then asked me sign ds230 ii and started collecting the docs as per the list, for most docs he took the copies and handed over the originals. However for paystubs/bank statements .. he kept both. Then he collected my wife's docs and next my child's. He asked me about the visas I was in during my stay and about the employers I worked for. He was nice and polite but was asking me to hurry up stating that lot of people were waiting. Finally he asked us to go and wait for the names to be called again.

After 30 min wait an American officer(Jovial) called my name (the sound clarity is not good, you have to pay close attention) and asked my wife and I to give the finger prints and asked a few questions.
How long r u in US?

Where do you currently live?

That's it he said your documents are in order and told that we will receive our visas in 2 to 3 days. He returned certain original like BC's/MC's..We felt relieved and thanked him and left. :) .

I received the visa packets after 2 days in my hometown. March CPers if you have any questions I would be more than happy to help.

Interview - Done Deal

Hi All,

Interview was smooth. No issues.

Digital picture taken at Kodak. Neat Job.

Lister lab went in around 9.00 AM collected the results in the evening. For Children no lab test.

Medical test with Dr Vijaylakshmi. For Children dont forget to carry Immunization records. A male Dr performed strip check. Dr. V filled out all the forms quite efficient. 2 Hr Process.

Interview day. By showing the yellow letter the security let us stand in the shade instead of the Queue and let us in at the right time. As long as no food and transparent folders no probs.

After almost an hour of waiting our names were called. One Indian guy collected all the documents was quite friendly and jovial. Within 10 minutes an americal officer called us again quite friendly.

1) Whom do I work for?.
2) Where do I live currently?
3) Where I lived before?.
4) How do I like Pittsburgh?.
5) How do I like Bay Area?.
6) He graduated from Berkely University etc etc.

Very friendly 3 minutes conversation and told that Our papaers are in order andwill receive visa in 2 to 3 days. Received the passports without any mistakes today. Entering US this weekend.

Cheers,

Ghat72.