Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

Thanks for your reply skater! We got our welcome letters today but the SSN has'nt come yet. I guess it should be on the way.

You may have to go to local ssa office and get it corrected.

skater said:
I entered on 3/13, got the SSN & welcome letter (2 copies) on 3/24 and the card on 3/30!
Though only hiccup is that my middle name is missing on the SSN card.
Have to figure out how to get that fixed.

Ssn

Gurus,

My wife denied issuing of new SSN in the application at the consulate. She was on H4 and we need to get new SSN card with eligibility for employment.

Can I go to SSN office with the PR card and apply for the change?.

Ghat.

When U mean deny, U say you did not check the appropriate box in the form?

In that case, just go to the SSA office of your juridisction and apply for one.

Received my Physical Card

Hi All,

Thanks for everybody's help in the forum, finally i recevied my physical card , i recvied in 3 weeks from Date of entry

THanks
Paddy

Employment Letter-

Hi:
I am following this forum for the last six month and found the information are really useful.

Here, I have a Query on Employment Letter which I have to submit at the time of my Consular Interview at Chennai US Consulate. I received the letter from my Employer which contains "I 485: Application for Adjustment of Status to Permanent Residency for Mr...". in both the SUBJECT as well as in the Description.

Other than that everything are okay.

Would that cause any problem?.

Thx
/Chennairesident

ChennaiResident,

Not sure if yours in an AC-140 / Reguar CP. My suggestion would be to get it corrected so you can face the interview without any doubts.

Good Luck...

Chennairesident said:
Hi:
I am following this forum for the last six month and found the information are really useful.

Here, I have a Query on Employment Letter which I have to submit at the time of my Consular Interview at Chennai US Consulate. I received the letter from my Employer which contains "I 485: Application for Adjustment of Status to Permanent Residency for Mr...". in both the SUBJECT as well as in the Description.

Other than that everything are okay.

Would that cause any problem?.

Thx
/Chennairesident

kovaiGC,
It is a Regualr CP. But, I am not resident of US during all these days from the process started to tilldate today. Done the normal process such as sent Packet 3 and received Packet 4 with the scheduled interview?.

Would that Ac-140 means I 485 can happen at Consular post.?

/ChennaiResident

Hi ChennaiResident,

AC140 comes into picture only if you were already in US and applied for AOS (I-1485) but later on decided to change it to CP and filed I-824 for that purpose. Your case seems to be regular CP, Can't you get your company to change and send it before the interview? Nobody can say if this letter will be accepted at the time of interview - it is upto the consular officer.

I would suggest to request your company to send the corrected one, if you get it before the interview well and good otherwise if you have issue with the old one during the interview you will atleast have new one on the way.

Good Luck..

Chennairesident said:
kovaiGC,
It is a Regualr CP. But, I am not resident of US during all these days from the process started to tilldate today. Done the normal process such as sent Packet 3 and received Packet 4 with the scheduled interview?.

/ChennaiResident

Congrats Paddy! CSC is very fast. It is already more than week since I received the Welcome letter, no sign of Physical Card yet :( .

pad80 said:
Hi All,

Thanks for everybody's help in the forum, finally i recevied my physical card , i recvied in 3 weeks from Date of entry

THanks
Paddy

kovaiGC said:
Congrats Paddy! CSC is very fast. It is already more than week since I received the Welcome letter, no sign of Physical Card yet :( .

Thanks Kovai GC , yes i guess i received little quicker than expected , may be you will real soon too

Plastic Card Received

Finally we received the plastic cards yesterday :) , but they have split my first name into first and middle :( . Guess I need to follow up and get it fixed. Have anyone encountered such issues? if yes pls direct me in the right direction.

Once again thanks to Rajiv Khanna for this wonderful forum and forum members who took time and patiently answered my queries.

Chennairesident said:
kovaiGC,

/ChennaiResident

Hi ChennaiResident,

You told that you r "not resident of US during all these days from the process started to tilldate today". i.e., you r processing your GC and working in India? Pls. let me know, as I'm working India and going for CP.

Thanks
Vijboy

Hi Vijboy,

I am working in india for the last two and half years and two days back I had my CP interview at chennai. If you have any questions I will try to answer.

-sg

Hi Vijboy ,

I am sorry checked the posting today as myself was engaged with the scheduled i/v 22nd.

Waiting to receive the Passports.

/ChennaiResident

Hi Sg,
How many days it took for to receive the Passport by Blue Dart?.

I attended on Friday ,and still not yet got the mail.

/ChennaiResident.

F2J question

Hello Folks,
Does anyone know how long the DS-156 information is archived by the US Consulates?
I may have made a mistake in entering some data which did not have any relevance at that time (6 months back during my H-1 multiple entry application), but which may be relevant now for my wife's F2J CP interview? I am very nervous about this and would really appreciate any information on this.
Thanks in advance for any responses!!

Chennairesident said:
Hi Sg,
How many days it took for to receive the Passport by Blue Dart?.

I attended on Friday ,and still not yet got the mail.

/ChennaiResident.

My interview was on Tuesday and got the passports on Thursday

-sg