Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

Ok Thanks Ghat72.

Intezar/Snm65, Did the p4 mailed to your address or attorney's address or both? Would appreciate your response.

Thanks..

kovaiGC said:
Ok Thanks Ghat72.

Intezar/Snm65, Did the p4 mailed to your address or attorney's address or both? Would appreciate your response.

Thanks..
My P4 went to my local address in India only. Nothing seems to have been sent to the lawyer. I stopped contact with the lawyer once the DS230s were sent to NVC.

kovaiGC said:
Ok Thanks Ghat72.

Thanks..
KovaiGC,

My appointment letter alone was mailed to my local US address and also to my lawyer. The other P4 material was emailed to me in response to an email I sent to the consulate at Chennai.

Thanks Snm65.

snm65 said:
KovaiGC,

My appointment letter alone was mailed to my local US address and also to my lawyer. The other P4 material was emailed to me in response to an email I sent to the consulate at Chennai.

appointment letter

Has anyone (pad, kovai ...) received the appointment letter from the Chennai consulate ?
I leave in another 3 days and still haven't gotten. I have everything else and even did a review of all the docs with the lawyers.
The only other thing is that I haven't figured out where to stay (in Chennai) yet!

skater said:
Has anyone (pad, kovai ...) received the appointment letter from the Chennai consulate ?
I leave in another 3 days and still haven't gotten. I have everything else and even did a review of all the docs with the lawyers.
The only other thing is that I haven't figured out where to stay (in Chennai) yet!

My attorney recieved the Appointment letter alone and no other document.

Incorrect spelling in appointment letter.

My attorney and I received the appointment letter today. I noticed some spelling mistakes in my wife's and daughter's name. Not sure if this will be a problem or how to correct it. :confused:

Cp Gurus help please...

Last edited by a moderator:
kovaiGC said:
My attorney and I received the appointment letter today. I noticed some spelling mistakes in my wife's and daughter's name. Not sure if this will be a problem or how to correct it. :confused:

Cp Gurus help please...

1) When you go to the interview make it a point to bring this to the notice
of the Consulate personnel and get it corrected.

2) You may also send an initial email to the consulate and hope they would
correct it before the interview itself.

If the errors are small and limited to one or two characters, then it would not create any problem at the medical tests.

Raju

I-134 - Evidence (Bank Statement)

CP Gurus,

I noticed in the Instructions about a bank letter stating when the account was opened, past yr deposits and current balance.

Do we need to get this letter from the bank or bank statements are sufficient?

Please advice your thoughts....

Thanks in advance.

skater said:

Hi Skater i got the appointment letter yesterday , so did my lawyer's however just incase if you did not recevice it u can take the print out of the emails which u had communicated with Chennai consultae as i had spoken to chennai consulate day beofre yesterday and a lady siad it would be good if we have those email correspondences if we did not receive appointmnet letter .

Just call them and find out if in case u did not get as what to do

kovaiGC said:
CP Gurus,

I noticed in the Instructions about a bank letter stating when the account was opened, past yr deposits and current balance.

Thanks in advance.

I got one on bank letterhead and alos am taking last 3 months bank statements also

kovaiGC said:
CP Gurus,

Thanks in advance.
I suggest you to take a "Verification of Deposit" letter from bank.

kovaiGC said:
CP Gurus,

Thanks in advance.

If it is easy to obtain the letter from the bank then take it, along with the
3 or 4 monthly statements.

In my case I did not bother about the letter. I just took three statements
that were downloaded from the bank's website.

Raju

DS 230 Part II - Question

I received DS230 Part II from my attorney yesterday, I noticed for question 33a) Have u ever applied for ssn?
Do u want SSA to assign u a new SSN or issue u a new card?
He has marked as 'No'.

Is it correct?

Please advice u r thoughts...

kovaiGC said:
I received DS230 Part II from my attorney yesterday, I noticed for question 33a) Have u ever applied for ssn?
Do u want SSA to assign u a new SSN or issue u a new card?
He has marked as 'No'.

Is it correct?

Please advice u r thoughts...

The actual structure of the question is as follows:
33 (a) Have you ever applied for Social Security Number (SSN) ?
Give the number __________________
Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you an SSN (and issue a card) or issue you a new card (if you have an SSN)? You must answer ‘Yes’ to this question and to the ‘Consent to disclosure’ in order to receive an SSN and/or card?

In your case since you would have a SS Number you should say 'Yes' to the
first part, then provide the SS number below.

You should also say 'Yes' to the later part of the question because you would
be seeking a 'New Card' with the same old SS number.

You should also say 'Yes' to 33 (b).

Raju

hey raju,
were the 3-4 monthly statements acceptable even though the form said you should have a letter from the bank?

Raju595 said:
If it is easy to obtain the letter from the bank then take it, along with the
3 or 4 monthly statements.

In my case I did not bother about the letter. I just took three statements
that were downloaded from the bank's website.

Raju