Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

hey raju,
were the 3-4 monthly statements acceptable even though the form said you should have a letter from the bank?
Did the consulate ask you for this letter?
and also how much $$$ should one have in the bank....unfortunately most of my funds are in stocks, 401K and Roth IRA with little or no money in the savings or check account.....is that a problem?
thanks

Raju595 said:
If it is easy to obtain the letter from the bank then take it, along with the
3 or 4 monthly statements.

In my case I did not bother about the letter. I just took three statements
that were downloaded from the bank's website.

Raju

nishokie said:
hey raju,
were the 3-4 monthly statements acceptable even though the form said you should have a letter from the bank?
Did the consulate ask you for this letter?
and also how much $$$ should one have in the bank....unfortunately most of my funds are in stocks, 401K and Roth IRA with little or no money in the savings or check account.....is that a problem?
thanks

First I want you to note that my interview was on 23rd May 2003.

For me they did not ask for any other document than what I carried.
Actually I carried 3 monthly statements. There is no specified balance that
needs to be shown in the account. As long as you can show that you
are receiving your salary on a regular basis, that is OK.

You can also show information about your stocks.

Raju

Thanks Raju. If we mark yes to 33(a) then we will get the new card with same SSN but the work with INS Authorization removed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Raju595 said:
The actual structure of the question is as follows:
33 (a) Have you ever applied for Social Security Number (SSN) ?
Give the number __________________
Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you an SSN (and issue a card) or issue you a new card (if you have an SSN)? You must answer ‘Yes’ to this question and to the ‘Consent to disclosure’ in order to receive an SSN and/or card?

In your case since you would have a SS Number you should say 'Yes' to the
first part, then provide the SS number below.

You should also say 'Yes' to the later part of the question because you would
be seeking a 'New Card' with the same old SS number.

You should also say 'Yes' to 33 (b).

Raju

kovaiGC said:
Thanks Raju. If we mark yes to 33(a) then we will get the new card with same SSN but the work with INS Authorization removed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, you are right.

Raju

Raju595 said:
First I want you to note that my interview was on 23rd May 2003.

For me they did not ask for any other document than what I carried.
Actually I carried 3 monthly statements. There is no specified balance that
needs to be shown in the account. As long as you can show that you
are receiving your salary on a regular basis, that is OK.

You can also show information about your stocks.

Raju

Raju,
You are absolutely right - I had my interview last month (Jan 2005) and I did not carry any letter from the bank. All I carried were 3 months of the statements the bank send me monthly.

Raju595 said:
If it is easy to obtain the letter from the bank then take it, along with the
3 or 4 monthly statements.

In my case I did not bother about the letter. I just took three statements
that were downloaded from the bank's website.

Raju
I concur with Raju.

I also did not bother to take the bank letter. As a matter of fact none of the evidence for 134 was asked from me.

Successful CP Interview in Jan.

Et all,

I am very very Sorry for the late response... I tried once from India...after I typed everything, they lost power at the cyber cafe and that's it :mad: ... I know there won't be any excuses..but still...

As everyone explained already about their interview experiences, I don't have anything to say. But if anyone of you have questions, I can certainly answer those.

Dr.V suggested me to take MMR as I got smallpox/chicken pox during my childhood. She only charged Rs750 per person. She told me that there is no need to carry x-ray's to the interview... coming to interview, though I have carried last three years tax transcripts, they only took last year one (ie 2003)... same with bank statements also. Interview was cool too...at the interview, the American guy asked me about my DOB and the company location...nothing else.... but I had to wait till 12.45 as he put my file inside his office and forgot ..

Our POE was cool too at JFK yesday.. he only took my right index finger print twice..

Once again sorry for not posting my experience earlier than this. Hope you guys understand my position :-(

Regards,
Jeet

Welcome Letter

To All,

I received the welcome letter for my wife and son and also received the plastic card for my son yesterday. When I checked the status of my wife's plastic card, it says the 'approval' has been sent out.

Next Step

Hi CP Guru's,

Please can any one of you advise me what to do next.

My I140 is approved on FEB 9th 2005. My I140 application was filed on July6th, 2004.

Do I need to send anydocuments to my attorney ?

How do I know that my case is created in NVC ?. Isthere any number to check the status ?.

How can I know my case number in NVC ?.

Appreciated your help.

Thanks,
Clue_gc

Thanks for the info SNM.

Clue_gc,

If you know when your labor applicaiton was submitted, then you will know whether the PD is affecting you or not.

As far as I know, you need not to send any documents to your attorney at this stage. But no harm to check with your attorney :)

You can check with NVC whether they have created a case for you or not. The number you can call is : 603-334-0700.

Jeet

I received 3 welcome letters for myself and 2 for my wife yesterday. If only USCIS could save this money, they could have more money in their budgets to employ additional resources to process applications quickly ;) :eek:

Info

Hi Jeet0404,

Thank you for the info. Mine is applied under EB2 Cat and Labor is 2000 Oct. Hope my application shouldn't hav any prob's.

Cule_gc

Last edited by a moderator:
CP Medicals Experience

02/18/05 8:00 am Lister Labs:
No crowd was out within 15 mins after blood sample and x rays. There are two branches in Jagannathan street you have to go the second one which is head office where immigration related tests are done.

9:00 am:
Foto India (Kodak), note this opens after nine and they deliver photos after 30 mins.

5:00 pm: Collected sealed envelopes from Lister Labs

02/19/05: 9:30 am Padma Nursing Home for Physicals: Only few people were there when I went for my 10:00 am appt, since had an appt was called first and came out by 12:00 am. Make sure you book an appt before to avoid delays.

Couting days and waiting for my interview.., will try to post details when I get a chance. Wish me luck folks.