Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

Filing based on 5 year LPR

DO: Charlotte, NC
09/16/09: Fedex N400 to TX lockbox
09/17/09: N-400 Received
09/21/09: Check cashed
09/24/09: NOA received (Notice/Priority Date of 09/18/2009)
09/29/09: FP notice received
10/14/09: FP appointment (completed)
10/16/09: Called FBI CJIS. Was told FP results were sent back on 10/14
10/24/09: LUD-This case has been sent for a standard interview.
10/26/09: LUD
10/27/09: LUD
10/30/09: IL received (mailed on Oct 26th)
12/03/09: ID (interview is 3 days before I complete 5 years ... doh!)
x/xx/09: Oath

Filing based on 5 year LPR

09/16/09: Fedex N400 to TX lockbox
09/17/09: N-400 Received
09/21/09: Check cashed
09/24/09: NOA received (Notice/Priority Date of 09/18/2009)
09/29/09: FP notice received
10/14/09: FP appointment (completed)
10/16/09: Called FBI CJIS. Was told FP results were sent back on 10/14
10/24/09: LUD-This case has been sent for a standard interview.
10/26/09: LUD
10/27/09: LUD
10/30/09: IL received (mailed on Oct 26th)
12/03/09: ID (interview is 3 days before I complete 5 years ... doh!)
x/xx/09: Oath

Congratulations (eventhough it is just 3 days before your 5yr anniversary). I guess you should be happy :) that you got the IL. There are few others who seem to be stuck in the OZ land between the FP & IL (ex:spiderman03).

By the way...what is the FBI Phone# to call and find out about the FP results?

Thanks,
Speedy

Congratulations (eventhough it is just 3 days before your 5yr anniversary). I guess you should be happy :) that you got the IL. There are few others who seem to be stuck in the OZ land between the FP & IL (ex:spiderman03).

By the way...what is the FBI Phone# to call and find out about the FP results?

Thanks,
Speedy

The fingerprint check phone number is 304-625-5590. Google IAFIS and you will find the website

IL Letter Recd__Interview scheduled on Dec 14th

Updates on my status.
Interview is ON Dec 14th

GOOD LUCK to every one,

GEE24

My Info:
--------
10/01/09: N400 FED EX to Lewisville,TX
10/02/09: N-400 Received
10/06/09: NOA date
10/06/09: Check cashed
10/20/09: FP notice received
10/27/09: FP Done
11/09/09: IL received
12/14/09: ID

Hi SPEEDY1027__Here is the feedback for you

@Gee24,

Thank you for the help...

Below are my specific questions:
1. "Is an applicant allowed to bring their infant/child to the citizenship interview if they don't have a baby-sitter"?

2. "What is the phone# to call at the Charlotte DO for general enquiries"?

Thanks,
speedy

Response from Officer for Q#1: There is no childcare facility within the DO. However you are not discouraged to bring your child. It is upto you to take care of your child. We DO NOT prevent you from bringing your child.

Response from Officer for Q#2: We do NOT provide any telephone # other than the General 800# that is available in the official letter received by you.

My wife's interview went well. Whole process of interview was over 15 minutes...was lot easier than her expectation. Oath has been scheduled for 19th of Nov.

Goodluck to every one for quick processing.

Gee24

Response from Officer for Q#1: There is no childcare facility within the DO. However you are not discouraged to bring your child. It is upto you to take care of your child. We DO NOT prevent you from bringing your child.

Response from Officer for Q#2: We do NOT provide any telephone # other than the General 800# that is available in the official letter received by you.

My wife's interview went well. Whole process of interview was over 15 minutes...was lot easier than her expectation. Oath has been scheduled for 19th of Nov.

Goodluck to every one for quick processing.

Gee24

@Gee24,
Good to know that your wife's interview went well. Congratulations. One step done for you!!

Also really appreciate you(and your wife) asking those questions for me. Mine and my wife's interviews are scheduled on Dec14 with 1/2 hr gap between each. Hopefully we will be able to manage with the kid.

But thanks again for finding out. Goodluck for your interview.

speedy

Hello,

My interview date was 11/2/2009 and the officer said as I did not complete 5 years (short of 7 days), a decision could not be made and he recommended for approval. He said I should get the OL in a few days. Now, I completed 5 years, and it has been 2 weeks now after the interview but no OL so far and status has not been updated too.

- Any one has any idea as to how long it takes to get the OL from Charlotte office if ID is before the 5 yr completion?
- Also, how often they administer the oaths?

TIA

If I were you, I would call the 800 #

Hello,

My interview date was 11/2/2009 and the officer said as I did not complete 5 years (short of 7 days), a decision could not be made and he recommended for approval. He said I should get the OL in a few days. Now, I completed 5 years, and it has been 2 weeks now after the interview but no OL so far and status has not been updated too.

- Any one has any idea as to how long it takes to get the OL from Charlotte office if ID is before the 5 yr completion?

TIA
:

Hi:

Please call the 800 # given in the Interview letter and let them know the status.
They may take some action to trigger some follow up action in the case and that may speed up the process.

Instead of waiting and simply guessing, we may as well seek the information from the case worker.

This is just my suggestion.
Good luck to get the process done faster,

gee24

Hello,

TIA

@LiveFree,

Could you please keep us updated about your case? I am in the same boat (ID is 6 days short of my GC anniversary date. Will get the decision cannot be made). I would like to know how much time it takes you to get your OL.

Also, could you please share your interview experience at the Charlotte DO? It will help us folks in line to go through that process.

Thanks,
Speedy

Last edited by a moderator:
I called the 800- number and they would n't contact the officer until I complete one month from the ID!!!! Waiting patiently.

My interview experience....

Scheduled time of interview - 10.30 AM. I reached the office at 10.00 AM. Got promptly called at about 10.30 AM.

-Take a oath to state 'You are going to tell only truth!'
-Show SSN, Photo ID, GC (mine is EmploymentBased-GC)
- Test - answered all 6 questions correctly (Qs-2, 6, 14, 30, 54, 83) - passed; writing test - California is a state with large number of people - passed; Reading test - We celebrate Independence day on July/4 - passed;
- Go over the application form (each question asked again to make sure there is no error)

Total time - about 30 minutes

No decision can be made as you have not completed 5 years yet. However, I am recommending for approval. You should get the letter in a few days.

That's it.....Waiting mode...

My interview experience....

Scheduled time of interview - 10.30 AM. I reached the office at 10.00 AM. Got promptly called at about 10.30 AM.

-Take a oath to state 'You are going to tell only truth!'
-Show SSN, Photo ID, GC (mine is EmploymentBased-GC)
- Test - answered all 6 questions correctly (Qs-2, 6, 14, 30, 54, 83) - passed; writing test - California is a state with large number of people - passed; Reading test - We celebrate Independence day on July/4 - passed;
- Go over the application form (each question asked again to make sure there is no error)

Total time - about 30 minutes

No decision can be made as you have not completed 5 years yet. However, I am recommending for approval. You should get the letter in a few days.

That's it.....Waiting mode...

Thank you for telling about your interview experience. Mine is employment based too.

Please keep us updated about how long it takes you to get the OL.

Thanks,
Speedy

Here are some questions I could gathere from this Forum

No chance....mine is at 8.30am. I would be long gone by 2pm.

How are you preparing for the interview?

Cheers,
speedy

I have not started yet. My wife mentioned that it was lot easier than her expectations. She just went through those 100 questions given in the booklet provided. Took her 1/2 day to get to know the details. Many of those questions are known to us. However we need to spend some time to ensure that we don't fumble like a small kid.
I gathered the following list of questions / experience from this forum (these are the just RECAP of others experiences). Hope this helps.

My 6 questions were
who wrote the declaration of independende?
who is the in charge of the executive branch?
what is the two major political parties?
one state to border Mexico
Name 3 original colonies.
What is the current president's political party?

reading: who elects the Congress?

writing: People elect the Congress?

Was asked to write the sentence: "They are a very happy family". I was also asked to read a short paragraph of about 4-5 short sentences. Civics questions asked were:

a) What colors are the stars on the flag?
b) Name one benefit of being a citizen of the United States.
c) Who is the President of the United States today?
d) Who was the main writer of the Declaration of Independence?
e) Who becomes President if the both the President and Vice President die?
f) Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.?

He asked me 6 questions
1) what do the stripes on the flag mean
2) who elects the president
3) for how long is the president elected
4) what is the head executive of a city government called
5) how many voting members are there in the house of representatives
6) what is the higest part of the judicial branch?

Then, she tested whether I could read and write in English. Next she took the civics test. She asked me the following questions:
1) Name the two major political parties in the US
2) Where is the White House located
3) Who is the chief justice of the Supreme court
4) What did Emancipation Proclamation do.
I can't remember the last two questions. Then she reviewed my entire application along with me. When she asked me whether I committed any crime or offense for which I did not get arrested, I told her that I got a speeding ticket in May 2006. She said that it is just a minor infraction and not to worry. She asked me to sign on my photographs. She then approved the application and gave me a letter indicating the same. She told me that there was an oath ceremony on September 13th morning and asked me if I could make it. I told her that it was not a problem. She told me that my file needs to be reviewed by another officer (just to make sure that my application was complete with all necessary papers and that she did not overlook anything) before my application is finally approved and I am given the oath confirmation letter. She told me to wait in the Appointments hall while this was done. This entire process took about 15 minutes.

Good Luck

gee24

I have not started yet. My wife mentioned that it was lot easier than her expectations. She just went through those 100 questions given in the booklet provided. Took her 1/2 day to get to know the details. Many of those questions are known to us. However we need to spend some time to ensure that we don't fumble like a small kid.Good Luck

gee24

Hey Gee24,

Good compilation of info. Glad to know that you aren't overtly stressed out about the interview. Me neither. I and my wife are reading the 100 questions when ever we get some time.

Meanwhile my interview got re-scheduled to Dec17th from Dec14th. My wife still has her interview on Dec14th as originally scheduled. So, my concern about what to do with the kid is solved. Incidentally, I wrote a letter to the USICS Charlotte DO last week asking them if we would be given enough time between our interviews so that one of us can take care of the kid. That probably triggered the re-schedule.

Good luck to you too.

cheers,
Speedy

All for good

Hey Gee24,

Good compilation of info. Glad to know that you aren't overtly stressed out about the interview. Me neither. I and my wife are reading the 100 questions when ever we get some time.

Meanwhile my interview got re-scheduled to Dec17th from Dec14th. My wife still has her interview on Dec14th as originally scheduled. So, my concern about what to do with the kid is solved. Incidentally, I wrote a letter to the USICS Charlotte DO last week asking them if we would be given enough time between our interviews so that one of us can take care of the kid. That probably triggered the re-schedule.

Good luck to you too.

cheers,
Speedy

My suggestion would be:

Treat this as
"All for good"

and

"Don't rock the boat.........any more......Let it drift and keep going the way it does"

Good luck to you as well.

Gee24

Last edited by a moderator: