Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

October also..

Hi everyone

Much to my surprise I have my N-400 interview on Oct 22nd in Charlotte.
Applied late November 2007 & wasn't expecting anything to happen this year to be honest re the interview.

Also does any recent new citizens know how long between the interview & the oath ceremony approx?

Regards
Kas

Hi everyone

Much to my surprise I have my N-400 interview on Oct 22nd in Charlotte.
Applied late November 2007 & wasn't expecting anything to happen this year to be honest re the interview.

Also does any recent new citizens know how long between the interview & the oath ceremony approx?

Regards
Kas

I am also in the same boat

Oath..

Hi again

Does anyone know if they still do the Oath ceremony on the same day or day after in Charlotte please

Cheers
Kas

Today i have a receieved a letter from Durham DO that my interview has been descheduled and i am not sure this an error although my interview has been se for OCT 22 in Charlotte DO:confused:

Today i have a receieved a letter from Durham DO that my interview has been descheduled and i am not sure this an error although my interview has been se for OCT 22 in Charlotte DO:confused:

Today, i got the IL notice in the mail and set for Oct 22, Charlotte DO. sounds like charlotte is reaching end of 2007

BUUAAAHAHHAHAAAA !!!

PS: search Raleigh/Durham thread and backtrack a bit, and also my recent thread about deschedule letter to get more info/stories about this fiasco.

Hello,

I recently recieved my GC through spouse sponsorship. I know I am eligible for applying for citizenship within 3 years of my GC approval date. My question is how soon one should apply for citizenships? Is 6 month or 1 year before eligibility date good enough to factor in the processing times with USCIS?

Please advise.

Naturalization applications must be filled no earlier than 90 days before your 3-year anniversary day shown on your Green Card. If you apply earlier than 90 days, your application will be rejected either before or at the interview.

Hope this helps

I'd call customer service to find out if this is a mistake. Do you fall under the Durham or Charlotte jurisdiction?

I fall under charlotte DO and i did call the customer service and he adviced me to appear for an interview

My friend is getting ready to apply for naturalization recently. He is in a peculiar situation. I am posting this on his behalf. He had one trip out of US during the past five years, that lasted 11 months and he is concerned about the impact of that trip on his case.

His last marriage ended up in a divorce and he had to be in India for those 11 months for the divorce proceedings. He has the documents from the Indian courts to prove this.

He was continoulsy employed (by the same US employer with whom he was employed before leaving for India) for the 11 months he was in India. He has the paystubs from my employer to prove this.

He filed his taxes as usual and has the tax return transcripts from IRS to prove this.

He had applied for reentry permit before leaving to India. He has the application as well as the reentry permit with him.

However, he did not own/rent a home in the U.S. while he was in India. And hence he does not have any rental/mortgage payment receipts. He had left all his belongings, inncluding his car, at his friend's house. He had maintained auto insurance while he was in India. He has the papers from the insurance company to prove this.

Given this 11 month trip background and the documentation that he has have, he is concerned about problems he might run into and what chances he has of his case getting approved.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of similar cases. If so, can you please share your knowlegde.

Thanks!

From what you describe it doesn't sound like there's any issues with his case since he has at least some of the required documentation.

did not file ar 11

I have my interview coming up next week. While getting all my documents together for the interview I noticed that I did not file ar-11 (change of address form) for my last two address changes. I am concerned if that will cause any issues during the interview. Uscis has my latest address now (as that was the address that I gave on the naturalization application)

Has anyone on this forum heard of such a case before? Should I be very concerned about this?

I have my interview coming up next week. While getting all my documents together for the interview I noticed that I did not file ar-11 (change of address form) for my last two address changes. I am concerned if that will cause any issues during the interview. Uscis has my latest address now (as that was the address that I gave on the naturalization application)

Has anyone on this forum heard of such a case before? Should I be very concerned about this?

this is not an issue. Eventhough USCIS requires that all immigrant update their address whenever they move, they do not enforce it as I know. I have never seen anyone denied or ask for explanation because of this issue.
Don't bring it up and if the officer doesm, then tell him that you just did not know that you were required to do so since you had no pending case with them at the time.