Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

checking status online

I have been trying to check my status online but i can't find my status , it always says "invalid field'

I have been looking on the USCIS website check your status online link.

I have seen on this forum that members have been checking their status online and can see something. so am i looking at something wrong.

So it would be a good help if somebody can paste me the link here.

The last time i had called the IO for the status of my application, he said I still have to finish the background check.I had applied in end of december 2007 and had fingerprinting done on 27th february at charlotte DO

thanks

well, I got an IL and a DEscheduling letter (cancellation of interview) at the same time...
annoying! :(

the DO seems to be Durham now, though..

Interview date

I was very disappointed today after reading the projected processing time for charlotte. 14.9 months. So, I decided to call customer service to find out about my case. A very nice IO told me that he had good news. My interview date has been set for October 22. Charlotte is not that slow after all.

The 14.9 months reference means that by end of September 2008, application up until the first week of July 2007 will have been completed. It's not an indication of how long current applications are taking to process. What this tells me is that Charlotte has not finished processing the July 2007 backlog cases , while still working on more recent applications (like yours). By this rate is will take until November 2008 for Charlotte to clear up last summer's backlog.

I have been asked to bring an original IRS 1722 letter, listing tax information for the past five years. However, when I called IRS, the customer service agent told me that IRS is not issuing 1722 letters anymore and that they have discontinued issuing them since about one year ago. She told me that IRS can send my tax return transcripts for the past 5 five years and that I can use them instead of the 1722 letter.

Has anyone come across or heard of a similar situation before? Is this true? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

The tax return transcript has been used in the past by previous posters. The USCIS probably doesn't realize that the IRS no longer uses the 1722.

online status link

hi

Can anyone share the online status link with me.

I am trying to find the status of mine online and i get an error.

I had my fingerprinting done on February of 2008 and on 25th july i called USCIS to find the status of my application.

I was told that my application was pending background check and they didnt know when i will be in queue for interview, so can some one share some info with me and also before how long should i wait and call the uscis again to check on my status.

thanks

hi

Can anyone share the online status link with me.

I am trying to find the status of mine online and i get an error.

What link are you getting the error with? There's only the USCIS link to check on your case status, so if it doesn't show up online you'll have to talk to an IO instead.

Accessing the following link for status

Bob / Washburn

I was accessing the following link to check my status

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

Is this the wrong link and should I be accessing the link that washburn sent, so I will have to create a login and password

Please let me know. I was anyway thinking of calling IO tomorrow to check my status

thanks

Bob / Washburn

I was accessing the following link to check my status

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

Is this the wrong link and should I be accessing the link that washburn sent, so I will have to create a login and password

Please let me know. I was anyway thinking of calling IO tomorrow to check my status

thanks
Yours is the correct link. The one that washburn sent leads to the same thing, but gives you the added option of signing up and receiving any updates by email.

I received my interview letter today. Interview date is October 14th in Charlotte. Hope that helps you guys to estimate when it's your turn.

I just talked to the IO after being transfer from the customer service and she said the interview letter was mailed to me on Aug 11 for charlotte and she can't tell me when the interview will be

I think Charlotte is finally moving. One of my friends who stays in Charlotte received his IL today. He sent his N400 application in last week of July 2007. His check was cleared in mid November 2007, received his receipt notice in the 1st week of December 2007 and had his finger printing done in the middle of January 2008. His interview is on Oct 2nd at the Charlotte DO.

Today, i got the IL notice in the mail and set for Oct 22, Charlotte DO. sounds like charlotte is reaching end of 2007

PD: 12/12/2007
FP: 3/17/2008
ID: 10/22/2008

Just sent out my N400 and our zip code falls under Charlotte, NC :eek:

It is encouraging to see that some of those who filed in Dec 2007 are getting their ILs for October. Hope the trend of shorter processing times for N400s will continue.

Got my IL yesterday

i got my interview letter too yesterday, same is for my spouse

it is scheduled for October 23rd in Charlotte DO.

my timeline is as follows:-

PD - December 26th 2007
FP - February 27th 2007
IL - August 11th 2008
ID - October 23rd 2008

Hope this helps. Now the reading starts.....