Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

I came back from NYC yesterday in a rental car. I filled up the tank and then proceeded to go to my car to unpack. The police was right there from the time I pulled up. As I began to unpack he came over to ask me where I was coming from. I said NYC he went on to ask me who is in NY and so on. I answered all his questions. He then ask me for identification. I handed him it. He called my name in. Everything was fine. So then he saw some spilled Tide powder in my car. So he said that was probable cause to search my vehicle. He then called back up and cuffed me and threw me on the floor. after they searched the car and found it was Tide he said sorry and have a nice day.

I was cuffed and detained. So now What??????:(:(:(:(

As Chris Rock put it, it seems that you were guilty of "driving while black". I guess they assummed that just because you were taking bags out of the trunk of a car with NY license plates, you were transporting coke (Tide powder). Get a copy of a police report as soon as possible, just to CYA. You'll be fine, though, so don't worry. Your citizenship will not be denied because of some cop's racist agenda.

They didnt take me downtown or anything they just cuffed me until the search was completed. But the officer said I was detained. So I am screwed right now...OMG....

Was it airport security or NYPD ? Contact them and tell them about the incident and request the report. If they never filed a report, it never happened. ;)

There is a report.....Now I have to get it.... This is so unbelievable....:mad: And it was not NYPD is was CMPD..... I am going to pull my application....... I can't do this..... It was not meant to be.......

There is a report.....Now I have to get it.... This is so unbelievable....:mad: And it was not NYPD is was CMPD..... I am going to pull my application....... I can't do this..... It was not meant to be.......

No need to pull your application synn_r. Get the police report from CMPD and present it during the interview. You were never charged with anything so you have nothing to worry about.

As Bobsmyth said, DO NOT pull your application. A cop on a power trip harassing you does not result in denial of your N-400. Just get a copy of the report and stop worrying about it. You'll do just fine.:)

I am local to Charlotte. I am posting my application details in this thread. Just thought this might of interest to some folks here.

TSC/Charlotte
Sent N-400 01/28/2008
Priority Date 01/31/2008
Check Cashed 02/04/2008
NOA 02/29/2008
FP Notice 03/03/2008
FP Date 03/26/2008
Info Pass: 06/19/2008 (All checks were cleared and put in queue for interview in March 08)
IL: ?/??/????
ID: ?/??/????

I am sure you live in Charlotte or around Charlotte, otherwise you would have got already an interview notice

I am sure you live in Charlotte or around Charlotte, otherwise you would have got already an interview notice

I live in Raliegh/Durham area. Still waiting for IL.
How long should I wait?

Note: As far as I know, I am still with Charlotte DO, because that's where I did my FP.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

I live in Raliegh/Durham area. Still waiting for IL.
How long should I wait?

Note: As far as I know, I am still with Charlotte DO, because that's where I did my FP.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

Hi newbie001,

Cases are being transferred to Raleigh/Durham DO from Charlotte if you live in Raleigh and have done your FP previously in Charlotte. My guess is that they are sending out IL for the August-September 07 cases right now.

Hi newbie001,

Cases are being transferred to Raleigh/Durham DO from Charlotte if you live in Raleigh and have done your FP previously in Charlotte. My guess is that they are sending out IL for the August-September 07 cases right now.
Of course, this is assuming background check is completed, which is not always the case.

is there anybody viewing this thread, whose address falls under Durham/Charlotte DO and who has sent their N400 application to Texas Service August/September 2007? If so, can you please post your details?

Of course, this is assuming background check is completed, which is not always the case.

Sometime back when I talked IO, I was told all checks including name check have been completed from me and my wife. IO also told me that we are in queue for Interview.

thanks,
Newbie001.

Interview Letter received!!!!!

Yo All,

I received interview letter yesterday (07/05/2008). Please see my signature.
Note: Interview is at Durham, NC.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

is there anybody who sent their N-400 application in July 2007 and has received the letter for interview at the Charlotte office? If so, can you please post your details.

I live in Cary and my application, NOA, and FP dates pretty well match those of BobSmyth and SafferJoe, but I haven't yet received an IL. My case has also never shown up online. Should I be concerned, or just wait a bit longer?

I live in Cary and my application, NOA, and FP dates pretty well match those of BobSmyth and SafferJoe, but I haven't yet received an IL. My case has also never shown up online. Should I be concerned, or just wait a bit longer?

Try talking to an IO via Infopass or by phone to see if your case is stuck in namecheck.