Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

*BUMP*

Does anybody under the Charlotte DO have any updates? I had to dig deep to find this topic and finally found it on page 12!!!

It looks like Charlotte DO is dead and only the Durham/Raleigh office is making progress. :(

Usually, people come to these forums when they have concerns. It may be the fact that none is complaining in the Charlotte area, which will be good news.

My interview

Hi again to all

Well I had my interview this morning in Charlotte. Room was packed with people from all over the world, and me the Englishman cocked up!:)

I brought along all the paperwork that the appointment letter asked me bring but no more. The interview itself went along easily & smoothly. Then at the end the Immigration official asked me had I brought along any recent utility bills, bank statements etc. I replied 'No, just the stuff you asked for in the letter'. 'Oh' she said 'I will have to leave your application pending until you mail the paperwork I want to see' I said 'If you had asked for it to be brought along I would have'
She replied that it was a different service centre that sent the appointment letter & they obviously made a mistake on what to fetch. By the way she did not look at any of the documents that they asked me to bring along.

So whilst everyone in the room is going to an oath ceremony next Tuesday I'm in the pending tray for now on. Pity as I wanted to get all this done & dusted ASAP. Now I feel pretty niave or stupid for not bringing extra documents along even though they were not asked for. Lesson learned.

Cheers
Kas

Hi again to all

Well I had my interview this morning in Charlotte. Room was packed with people from all over the world, and me the Englishman cocked up!:)

I brought along all the paperwork that the appointment letter asked me bring but no more. The interview itself went along easily & smoothly. Then at the end the Immigration official asked me had I brought along any recent utility bills, bank statements etc. I replied 'No, just the stuff you asked for in the letter'. 'Oh' she said 'I will have to leave your application pending until you mail the paperwork I want to see' I said 'If you had asked for it to be brought along I would have'
She replied that it was a different service centre that sent the appointment letter & they obviously made a mistake on what to fetch. By the way she did not look at any of the documents that they asked me to bring along.

So whilst everyone in the room is going to an oath ceremony next Tuesday I'm in the pending tray for now on. Pity as I wanted to get all this done & dusted ASAP. Now I feel pretty niave or stupid for not bringing extra documents along even though they were not asked for. Lesson learned.

Cheers
Kas

Was there anything in your case (ie travel timeline, frequent moves) to question your residential ties?

Yay! Glad to hear that Charlotte is still working! Sorry that your file is held pending but it looks like it's not anything that is difficult to resolve.

Can you please provide your timeline? I'm just curious where Charlotte really is in terms of processing time.

Hi again to all

Cheers
Kas

Interview tomorrow in Charlotte DO

Hi all

I have my interview tomorrow at charlotte do.

Hope I can get some updates for you all as to when the oath is and all.

I hope I have all the documents, but still I have the feeling that something is missing.

Lets hope for the best.

Timeline

Hi

I applied in Dec'07, had FP done in Feb'08, interview tomorrow 23rd oct .

I will put my specific details after i come in tomorrow with my experience

My Interview Experience at Charlotte DO

I and my husband had our interview today at Charlotte DO.

We were called in like 15 mins after our given time and my IO was so good. he introduced himself and he also explained the whole process to me. he told me to show my GC,passport, DL and appointment letter.

He asked me 6 questions
1) what do the stripes on the flag mean
2) who elects the president
3) for how long is the president elected
4) what is the head executive of a city government called
5) how many voting members are there in the house of representatives
6) what is the higest part of the judicial branch?

Then he asked me to read a sentence and write a sentence. then he went through the application and asked me all points and made changes in the form as my address had changed since i applied.

overall the interview was just for 15 mins and I waited in the waiting room for my oath letter. I waited more time to get the oath letter then for my interview, i waited for 1 hour 15 mins in the waiting room just to get my letter. I have been scheduled for oath on November 6th.

So overall my experience was good at the Charlotte DO. so now just one step towards becoming a citizen.

I thank all of you on this board and the Raleigh board for their help. I went with all the documents that was asked in the Johnny cash list.

My husband also has his oath on 6th november

Are kids allowed for Oath ceremony ?

Hi all

As you all know that I passed my interview today at charlotte DO and the oath ceremony is scheduled for 6th november.

I was wondering, can I take my kids with me for the Oath or do I have to drop them again at the baby sitter and approximate how much time is the oath ceremony

Congratulations!!!!!

i and my husband had our interview today at charlotte do.

We were called in like 15 mins after our given time and my io was so good. He introduced himself and he also explained the whole process to me. He told me to show my gc,passport, dl and appointment letter.

He asked me 6 questions
1) what do the stripes on the flag mean
2) who elects the president
3) for how long is the president elected
4) what is the head executive of a city government called
5) how many voting members are there in the house of representatives
6) what is the higest part of the judicial branch?

Then he asked me to read a sentence and write a sentence. Then he went through the application and asked me all points and made changes in the form as my address had changed since i applied.

Overall the interview was just for 15 mins and i waited in the waiting room for my oath letter. I waited more time to get the oath letter then for my interview, i waited for 1 hour 15 mins in the waiting room just to get my letter. I have been scheduled for oath on november 6th.

So overall my experience was good at the charlotte do. So now just one step towards becoming a citizen.

I thank all of you on this board and the raleigh board for their help. I went with all the documents that was asked in the johnny cash list.

My husband also has his oath on 6th november

Passport office information

I will be going for Oath ceremony at Charlotte DO , so does any one know if there is a passport office near by , so maybe I can finish applying for my passport the same day as my oath ceremony.

Thanks Santao for the wishes, hope you get to the finish line soon.