Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

Hi,

My contract with my current employer is over and it looks like I have to move out of Charlotte for my next job. Austin,TX seems to be the place that I will most likely have to move to.

My N400 application is in pending status. I waiting for the interview letter which has not yet arrived. Please see my signature for more details. I am wondering what kind of problems I will run into if I move out of Charlotte at this stage. Will it delay my the adjuciation of my case as the files have to be transferred to different DO? Is there anyway to know if my case file is with the DO or with the Texas Service Center?

Is there any one viewing this thread who has faced a similar situation or who knows folks who have been thru a similar situtaion? If so can you please post their experiences.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Hi,

My contract with my current employer is over and it looks like I have to move out of Charlotte for my next job. Austin,TX seems to be the place that I will most likely have to move to.

My N400 application is in pending status. I waiting for the interview letter which has not yet arrived. Please see my signature for more details. I am wondering what kind of problems I will run into if I move out of Charlotte at this stage. Will it delay my the adjuciation of my case as the files have to be transferred to different DO? Is there anyway to know if my case file is with the DO or with the Texas Service Center?

Is there any one viewing this thread who has faced a similar situation or who knows folks who have been thru a similar situtaion? If so can you please post their experiences.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Hi Friend went through the exact thing last month and moved from Charlotte to Atlanta without any major delay in processing. He indicated that he has confirmed that he in now in queue for an interview.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1928267#post1928267

That is correct. I called today also, got the same answer.
Looks like IL is on it's way in next 30 days. Of course, Atlanta is faster
as everybdoy know. thanx..

Hi Friend and Bob - Thanks to both of your posts. A couple of questions for Hi Friend - Did you change the address online using the website or by calling the 800 number or using infopass? If called the 800 number and spoke to an IO, can you call me what options you chose? How many days did it take from the time you changed address to be put in Atlanta queue for interview?

has anyone recently received interview letters from the Charlotte DO? If so, can you please post your details.

background check???

Hi all

Need some help !!

I had applied in December 2007 and had my fingerprinting done in the Charlotte office in the month of February and I had called up the USCIS after a few weeks and asked the status and they told me that everything looks good and I m in queue for interview. so it was a wait game.

but today i called up again to check on the status as i didnt recieve anything and I was transfered to the IO , he told me that my background check is still in process and that once they get information from the FBI they will process the application further, but i asked him what time frame should i look for, he said that he cant say that cause it is upto the FBI and each application is different. I was under the impression that FBI takes only 3 - 6 weeks for background and name check.

I dont know what is this? Should i be worried at this point and what is involved in background check. Is there any way i can find out the status of my background check.

Please help.

I've called USCIS repeatedly in the 5 months that I was waiting for my IL to arrive and on several occasions I was told that I was in queue for interview. I was also told by one IO that being in interview queue doesn't mean all your background checks have cleared. Finally, another IO told me the opposite: that you're only placed in queue once all checks are complete. Moral of the story, don't believe everything IOs tell you. In fact, call multiple times to get different IOs to get a well rounded answer.

name check and background check same or different??

hi Bob

thanks for your reply but is name check and background check same or different.

secondly will it take this long to clear it or is there any problems.

and also is there any way i can find out the status of that or should i be just calling the USCIS and ask for updates.

hi Bob

thanks for your reply but is name check and background check same or different.

secondly will it take this long to clear it or is there any problems.

and also is there any way i can find out the status of that or should i be just calling the USCIS and ask for updates.

There are 3 parts to the USCIS background check:
1) Fingerprint
2) FBI crime record search
3) IBIS/CBP database search

The delays you always hear about are the ones involving FBI crime record search.
It's difficult to say exactly how long it will take for you to receive IL since processing times change constantly. Keep calling USCIS for updates on your case.

It has been very quiet on this thread. Has any one received interview letters from the Charlotte DO recently?

well, it looks like many applications have been transfered to Raleigh. Let's hope that Charlotte keeps the pace they have shown so far. We should be getting IL pretty soon. Hang in there.

well, let's hope so. My friend (who also lives in Charlotte) filed his N400 in the last week of July 2007. His fingerprints were taken in mid January 2008. He has not received the IL letter so far. He took InfoPass at the Charlotte DO last week and was told that all his checks were cleared and was in queue for interview. The IO told him that they were currently processing cases filed in May/June last year. He told her that he had seen people who filed after him getting IL at the Durham DO and asked if the processing was faster in Durham than in Charlotte. The IO told him that they had indeed split the cases between Durham and Charlotte, but she does not have any further info.

I received my IL letter today. The interview is on Sep 9th at the Charlotte DO. Please see my signature for further details on my time line.

I received my IL letter today. The interview is on Sep 9th at the Charlotte DO. Please see my signature for further details on my time line.

Congratulations. Let's hope you get oath ceremony the same day you are interviewed. I hope my IL will be arriving soon since your PD is a month later after mine.

Hi folks,

My PD for N-400 is July 25th, 2007 and I haven't yet got my IL. I am thinking of going to the Raleigh-Durham DO using Infopass and checking on my status. What is the best way to schedule an Infopass or do they allow walk-ins? Also, could someone please give me address to the DO (could not find it online). Thanks a lot.

Sid

Hi folks,

My PD for N-400 is July 25th, 2007 and I haven't yet got my IL. I am thinking of going to the Raleigh-Durham DO using Infopass and checking on my status. What is the best way to schedule an Infopass or do they allow walk-ins? Also, could someone please give me address to the DO (could not find it online). Thanks a lot.

Sid

You can schedule infopass online:

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

As for Raleigh DO address, you can find it by enterinf your zip code in the locator:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

Just thought, I share my data... I'm in Charlotte and haven't received an interview letter, yet. Was told by IO in March that I passed all background checks and that I'm in queue for the interview.

Just thought, I share my data... I'm in Charlotte and haven't received an interview letter, yet. Was told by IO in March that I passed all background checks and that I'm in queue for the interview.

Thank you for sharing. Let us know when you get IL