Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

Thanks again, Bob. You are always very helpful.

I followed what you said in your post and got through to an officer. She said she doesn't have all the information but my files have been sent to the nearest UCSIC office. When I asked her if this means I have been cleared of my name check, she said yes. Then I asked if I should be expecting an interview next, she said, yes.

It sounds encouraging.

That's great news..you'll get your interview any day now since your file has been sent to the DO.

I called USCIS today... I am still waiting... They told me I have another 3 to 4 months...... She broke down the process to me. I won't be getting anything for awhile....I Britney Spears my head.....

I called USCIS today... I am still waiting... They told me I have another 3 to 4 months...... She broke down the process to me. I won't be getting anything for awhile....I Britney Spears my head.....

3-4 months? That's crazy..whatever happened to expedited military processing?

I just called USCIS and spoke to an IO who for the first time told me that my name check hasn't been cleared yet. When I told him that they previously told me I'm in queue for an interview he told me that you can be in the queue for an interview with a pending name check.
Confused (as I was previously told several times that I'm in queue for an interview, and that all checks have been cleared) I called back a few minutes later, talked to another IO who told me that I am in queue for an interview, confirmed that my name check has cleared, but that they are still awaiting either FP or security background check or both from FBI.

So, this is all news to me as their story changes a little everytime I call them. I'm planning to go to Infopass at local DO to see what answer they give me.

I just called USCIS and spoke to an IO who for the first time told me that my name check hasn't been cleared yet. When I told him that they previously told me I'm in queue for an interview he told me that you can be in the queue for an interview with a pending name check.
Confused (as I was previously told several times that I'm in queue for an interview, and that all checks have been cleared) I called back a few minutes later, talked to another IO who told me that I am in queue for an interview, confirmed that my name check has cleared, but that they are still awaiting either FP or security background check or both from FBI.

So, this is all news to me as their story changes a little everytime I call them. I'm planning to go to Infopass at local DO to see what answer they give me.

Oh man, are you serious?

May I suggest contacting a local congressperson or your Senator? I've already received 2 responses, both in a relatively short period of time. Each one clearly states that all my background checks have been completed and my application has been placed in a "computer queue" for interview. Give it a shot, what have you got to lose?

Oh man, are you serious?

May I suggest contacting a local congressperson or your Senator? I've already received 2 responses, both in a relatively short period of time. Each one clearly states that all my background checks have been completed and my application has been placed in a "computer queue" for interview. Give it a shot, what have you got to lose?

Being that I know what their response will be (case is within posted processing times), I find that contacting congressman or senators of minimal use (unless you're gathering exhibits for a possible WOM).
I take what USCIS tells me with a grain of salt since the IO answers have not been consistent so far. Even when I tell one IO what another IO told me, the IO discredits it as not correct. That tells me the IOs themselves are not sure of the entire process and make up things to bridge their knowledge gaps.

Being that I know what their response will be (case is within posted processing times), I find that contacting congressman or senators of minimal use (unless you're gathering exhibits for a possible WOM).
I take what USCIS tells me with a grain of salt since the IO answers have not been consistent so far. Even when I tell one IO what another IO told me, the IO discredits it as not correct. That tells me the IOs themselves are not sure of the entire process and make up things to bridge their knowledge gaps.

Agreed. However, the replies that I got from my congressman and Senator Schumer both included a photocopy of the response they received from the DHS Congressional Unit. Neither response mentioned anything about processing times, but both clearly stated that all background checks have been cleared.

Agreed. However, the replies that I got from my congressman and Senator Schumer both included a photocopy of the response they received from the DHS Congressional Unit. Neither response mentioned anything about processing times, but both clearly stated that all background checks have been cleared.

I just called the FBI who confirmed (as I suspected) that my FP cleared back on Jan 26 and the results sent to USCIS. I then called USCIS and spoke to yet another IO who told me that FP and name check has in fact cleared and that I'm in queue for an interview. Again, this is after a previous IO told me that they couldn't see that my FP was returned to USCIS or that it may not have updated in their system.
When I spoke to the most recent IO, I asked is name check and security check are different as previous IO told me. The IO told me that name check and security check are one and the same and that previous IO had given me wrong information.
I think the IOs are trying hard to screw with my head since they don't give consistent answers.

Vorpal, give it a shot and call USCIS a few times in a row and speak with IO and ask about your name checks and FP checks to see if they cleared. I bet they give you a slightly different answer each time.

Last edited by a moderator:
FBI put your name in a super computer to determine if you have any association with terrorism, or if you have anything in your background that you did not reveal. It also shows all previous address. (That what I heard).

FBI put your name in a super computer to determine if you have any association with terrorism, or if you have anything in your background that you did not reveal. It also shows all previous address. (That what I heard).

Thank you!

Your application seems to be moving really fast!

Can I leave the country after I become a USC? I mean I want to go back to my country of birth for awhile...So do you guys think It would be a problem?:confused:

Can I leave the country after I become a USC? I mean I want to go back to my country of birth for awhile...So do you guys think It would be a problem?:confused:

Sure, you can return to live in Barbados with no issues. Just remember you must still file US income taxes every year as a USC.

Interview date finally set

I went for an Infopass this morning at Raleigh DO and was told that my appointment is set for August 28. Finally, I can plan around that date. Maybe I'll even get oath the next day if everything works out right.:)

Congrats Bobsmyth !!
That means Infopass gonna make diff...isn't it?
If u don't go to Infopass today, most likely what gonna happen?
U may get IL in mail within time, looks like...thanx..

Congrats Bobsmyth !!
That means Infopass gonna make diff...isn't it?
If u don't go to Infopass today, most likely what gonna happen?
U may get IL in mail within time, looks like...thanx..
Thanks.
I find Infopass didn't make a difference as I even called USCIS afterwards and spoke to IO who gave me same info. Actually IO over phone gave me more specific info like time of interview, and date the IL was sent (6/6/08).
Had I not gone to Infopass today I would have called USCIS IO anyways for an update on my case.