Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

I have called the congressman's office today. The case manager there has been trying to help me check the status of my application. She said she checked with the officer on the 8th of January and as of that day, no interview has been scheduled yet.She will do another status check on the 20th. Hopefully, by then I will have heard something.
It will be another long weekend till Monday!

updated processing times ?

When do they update the processing times for charlotte DO on the USCIS site ?

A buddy of mine, who applied with may 16 as the PD, got his IL letter yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really strange because my PD is Mar 9th and I have NOT seen anything yet. It's pretty crummy that they stopped at Mar 8th :mad:

Foranand, can you post again when you get your IL? My PD is April 5th. I have not heard anything yet. I guess yours and mine will be processed in the same time period???

daily schedule

i am not sure, if there is anyone else, with their daily schedule like me,

6:00 am wake up and check the yahoo mail and uscis website for status
8:00 am check once more
8:00 am - 11:00 am , wait for mailman.
11:15 am, curse myself, the stars and few more things, for not getting the IL
Rest of the day, look at this board and see, how is everyone doing. hoping that people in charlotte DO are getting IL's !!!!
Go to sleep, and do it the next day, all over again

( don't worry, i do have a job, i work out of the house ).
if not for the the board, i would go bonkers.

i am not sure, if there is anyone else, with their daily schedule like me,

6:00 am wake up and check the yahoo mail and uscis website for status
8:00 am check once more
8:00 am - 11:00 am , wait for mailman.
11:15 am, curse myself, the stars and few more things, for not getting the IL
Rest of the day, look at this board and see, how is everyone doing. hoping that people in charlotte DO are getting IL's !!!!
Go to sleep, and do it the next day, all over again

( don't worry, i do have a job, i work out of the house ).
if not for the the board, i would go bonkers.

Ever seen the movie Groundhog Day? Check it out. The movie story reflects the behavior of most of us well. Geographically, the movie and you are situated at the same location (one in Philly and one in NC). Especially, Feb 2 is coming up. You may enjoy more and won't feel as bad for repeating the same routines day after day.

It sounds like my schedule, too.. I also check everything from work computer and any other computer I can find if I am out. I also used to call their information phone line but I stopped once I saw that it is still in the last century!

This is like obsessive compulsive behavior that may need treatment once this is all over..Right now, it helps my sanity-lol

Well, i am depressed! I just received my NOA and it says, it should expect to be notified within 730 days of that crappy notice for my interview. I dont know what to think or how to feel!

Well, i am depressed! I just received my NOA and it says, it should expect to be notified within 730 days of that crappy notice for my interview. I dont know what to think or how to feel!

Don't take the processing time on NOA as anything accurate. That's just a time range USCIS decided to use for Charlotte. What it's based on I have no clue, but I wouldn't consider it to be accurate at all.

mine says the same

My Priority Date is 06/14/2007, and it says 730 days also.

i beleive, it is just a date, so they are covered, in case of delays.

hoping

I am hoping, that i get my IL soon, my buddy's Interview is on march 11th(pd 5/16/07).
I was hoping to take a vacation in europe this year.

if i get the visa, then i don't have to pay for all the visa's.:eek:

His PD is 5/16/07 and he already got the interview letter? My PD is 4/5/07 and I have not heard anything yet. I am happy for him and same as usual for myself: Frustrated!

My case is 737 days old today! :eek::mad:

Hi to everyone! :)
Hope that your cases will go fast and smooth!

Just want to share my story again.

Its has been 2 years since I mailed my N-400. At first everything was looking good. I got fingerprinted very fast. And I was so happy to receive the Interview Letter 4 months after sending my N-400 application! :)
But ... 1 weeek later my interview was cancelled - "due to unforeseen circumstances". :(

For many months I was going crazy trying to find explanation. What does it mean - "due to unforeseen circumstances"? I found the answer on this forum:

This quote is from someone's post:
"... It has been USCIS' practice previously to schedule an applicant's naturalization interviews after the FBI fingerprint check has cleared, but always before the FBI name check has cleared.

After April 25, 2006, the USCIS only schedules naturalization interview once the FBI name check has also cleared. The reason for this is to avoid lawsuits against the USCIS demanding a decision in the naturalization case, and that is the reason that you have not got naturalization interview yet.

INA Section 336(b), 8 U.S.C. § 1447(b) provides for federal court judicial review for delayed naturalization petition in these circumstances - if there is a failure to make a determination before the end of the 120-day period after the date on which the initial naturalization examination (interview) is conducted, the applicant may apply to the United States District Court for the District in which the applicant resides for a hearing on the matter..."

Nice, hah? :mad:

I'm still waiting for the interveiw. My fingerprints already expired (they good for only 15 months). I keep calling INS customer service every month, but its useless. All I get from them - "your case is still pending due to incomplete name check".

Few months ago I decided to write to officials - Congressman Walter Jones, Senator Elizabeth Dole, CIS Ombudsman, Mrs Laura Bush. All of them sent inquiry letters about my case to INS, not FBI. :mad: And I received few more identical answers from INS - "your case is still pending due to incomplete name check".

Next step - I sent FOIPA request to FBI. In couple of weeks I receved answer - "NO RECORD". As I know - its a good thing.

I wanted to go to court to file MANDAMUS, but I heard that this process is becoming more and more complicated. Many cases has been lost in courts. INS is fighting back.

This is a quote from USCIS update from FEB,2007:
"... U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is no longer routinely requesting the FBI to expedite a name check when the only reason for the request is that a mandamus (or other federal court petition) is filed in the case..."

So... I'm still waiting...
and still wondering - HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COMPLETE ONE NAME CHECK?????:mad:
WHAT THEY CAN POSSIBLY CHECK??????? :mad:

-------------------------------------------

RECEIPT 01/17/2006
FINGERPRINTS 03/21/2006
INTERVIEW Scheduled 05/19/2006
INTERVIEW cancelled by INS 05/03/2006
and I was advised to wait for futher notice.......

MY CASE IS OUT OF PROCESSING TIME FOR A VERY LONG TIME... :eek::mad: