Changing Employer before 6 Months (After GC Stamping)

qwerty987666 said:
Keep trying.....ha ha ha ,you might say some meaningful. LOOSER

6th consolation prize with home PC (so that he can post nonsense messages 24 hours and keep getting more consolation prizes for his pathetic life).

qwerty987666 said:
Good try.
Keep trying... LOOSER might spit out some good, don't give up dude. :D :D

7th consolation prize with an English dictionary (so that he can spell "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER" and learn some more).

Ac21

Guys,

If I may jump in with a question. A lot of folks have recently been approved before they had a chance to send in their AC21 letters. Happened to me too... Joined new job on 13th and GC approval came on 16th. Of course job change was nearly 1 year 2 months after filing 485 with approved 140 Unless one is God ( maybe not even then) there is no way one could have predicted such a close call. Is'nt Ac21 meaningless and at the same time meaningful in this case. What would be the legal position on this.

Thanks,

Yeppo

yeppo said:
Guys,

If I may jump in with a question. A lot of folks have recently been approved before they had a chance to send in their AC21 letters. Happened to me too... Joined new job on 13th and GC approval came on 16th. Of course job change was nearly 1 year 2 months after filing 485 with approved 140 Unless one is God ( maybe not even then) there is no way one could have predicted such a close call. Is'nt Ac21 meaningless and at the same time meaningful in this case. What would be the legal position on this.

Thanks,

Yeppo

You are perfectly fine. Your join date is before approval. If you want to, keep some documents related to your job change - your offer letter (which is dated before your approval), very first paystub etc.

When I go for stamping do I basically keep my mouth shut and not say anything. Pointless to send Ac21 now I guess. Do they ask who employer is at stamping time....

relax guys

qwerty987666 said:
And with your posts, and defending flawed logic, its more clear that you are JoeF's one more donkey . Thats it. :D :D
qwerty987666 and Joef,
I think its very sad that u guys are fighting like kids, I don't think anybody in this forum is getting any good advise by reading the acccusations and hammering . I think u guys are making everone more confused specially for the beginners like me. Looks like both of u are quite senior and well informed but always interested in fighting and looks like u guys are trying to prove something to nourish your ego rather than helping others.
I don't think reader wants that, healthy discussion is what the forum is meant for but not the way u guys are doing. I hope the moderator is reading it and will come out with some good advise. I am sorry if I have hurt your feelings.

thanks joef

JoeF said:
I would like nothing more than go back to a normal forum, but their behavior currently makes that impossible. I hope that they change their behavior (hope springs eternal...) but I am sceptical.
thanks for your response and I sincerely hope that we all get the friendly and useful information.thanks again for the positive attitude. :)

Sudmoni,

Joef is "ill informing" on this forum and thats where all trouble is. JoeF has some personal agenda for such postings i.e to SCREW UP immigration process for suffering members. I and many others has warned him to stop it. But JoeF thinks that this forum is his playground for his vicious WRONGDOINGS. But don't worry too much, just ignore JoeF, he is nothing more than nuisance on this forum. :D :D

Read my comments for documenting evidence while leaving employer

Never ever document that after GC, your employer is not paying you as promised on GC or whatever such that. And if at all you document it, keep those docs for youself, don't show it to CIS. If you show it to CIS, you simply asking for trouble yourself, it means that you are proving that your GC has been approved based on fradulent intent of your employer.

From CIS point of view, intent has to be from both side , applicant and employer and you show on urself that employer is not willing to pay you as promised in GC application, it means employers has fradulent intent in your GC application. period. You just dig the pit for yourself

Some members on this forum just jump on everything and gives misadvice again and again on this issue. Take advice of your lawyer

My understanding regarding the right to change job after GC

“At the time you get the Green Card you must have the intention to work for the petition company permanently” is an old rule no longer suitable for today after the introduction of AC21.

First, this is an unfair requirement to the individual applicants who adjust their status through their current employment, with the lengthy process time, people just can’t commit thing in the unpredicted future, many GC cases take 2-3 years or more to be processed, how can you say from the beginning that after two years you will still have the intention to work for the petition company permanently even you have that intention today? This is different than the GC through future job, because the person will work for the petition company as he states in his application, he has to work for the petition company after the approval of the GC, otherwise it’s a fraud.

Second, after AC21, “At the time you get the Green Card you must have the intention to work for the petition company permanently” is impractical. With AC21, you can change job once the I-140 is approved and the I-485 is pending for more than 180 days, so if you can change job before GC, why can’t you change job after GC?

My conclusions are:
1. for the GC through current job, the approved GC is a done deal, approved is approved, enjoy the benefit of GC.
2. for the GC through future job offer, the person needs to work for the petition company, for the rule of thumb, for 6 month to show he has the intention to work for the petition company permanently
3. the law needs to be modified to “for the each job during the I-485 pending period, the petition company must show the intention to hire the applicant permanently and the applicant must show the intention to work for the petition employer permanently” to prevent fraud. It’s important to have the mutual intention in the beginning of the job, this prevents the fraud and have the room for change if the deal is not working well for either side.

SS_01 said:
“At the time you get the Green Card you must have the intention to work for the petition company permanently” is an old rule no longer suitable for today after the introduction of AC21.

First, this is an unfair requirement to the individual applicants who adjust their status through their current employment, with the lengthy process time, people just can’t commit thing in the unpredicted future, many GC cases take 2-3 years or more to be processed, how can you say from the beginning that after two years you will still have the intention to work for the petition company permanently even you have that intention today? This is different than the GC through future job, because the person will work for the petition company as he states in his application, he has to work for the petition company after the approval of the GC, otherwise it’s a fraud.

Second, after AC21, “At the time you get the Green Card you must have the intention to work for the petition company permanently” is impractical. With AC21, you can change job once the I-140 is approved and the I-485 is pending for more than 180 days, so if you can change job before GC, why can’t you change job after GC?

My conclusions are:
1. for the GC through current job, the approved GC is a done deal, approved is approved, enjoy the benefit of GC.
2. for the GC through future job offer, the person needs to work for the petition company, for the rule of thumb, for 6 month to show he has the intention to work for the petition company permanently
3. the law needs to be modified to “for the each job during the I-485 pending period, the petition company must show the intention to hire the applicant permanently and the applicant must show the intention to work for the petition employer permanently” to prevent fraud. It’s important to have the mutual intention in the beginning of the job, this prevents the fraud and have the room for change if the deal is not working well for either side.

Agreed. You just hit the bull's eye.

JoeF said:
Idiotic grumblings

I beleive followings quotes more than wacho messenger :D :D

SS_01 said:

My conclusions are: