Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Passport NOT returned (over 15 days)

Kinda scared !
Any comments?
I sent it on Feb 20th & it's March 7th today :-(
Anyone got it back?

Change in eClient Status

My eClient status changed in the last few days. In addition to the date it now mentions that "my medicals were received".
Does it indicate any progress? :confused:

IA: 10 Aug 2004
All Documents sent: 13 Jun 2005

cornholio said:
My eClient status changed in the last few days. In addition to the date it now mentions that "my medicals were received".
Does it indicate any progress? :confused:

IA: 10 Aug 2004
All Documents sent: 13 Jun 2005

Well, I got my passport request. :)

FBI & PCC

Hi GCbuzz,

I have received the IA today asking for FBI clearance and Police clearance from India. What is the quickest way to get the PCC from SF consulate ? In the website they are asking to send the original passport. Did you send that ? or how did you get the PCC ? How long did it take ?Also how did you apply for FBI and how long it took ?

AD 03/05/05
RD 03/08/05
IA 03/03/06
RD 03/08/06
Interview Waiver
Medical forms received

Thanks,
Ramya.

GCbuzz said:
I am not a regular here but had got some excellent advise from Kenny04 in Oct'05 when I initiated the process. Thanks Kenny04! Now I have some questions and I hope to get advise again from the Gurus...

AD 02/08/06
RD 02/09/06
IA 02/14/06
RD 02/17/06
Interview Waiver
Medical forms received

I had attached the Police report from Indian consulate in SF, IELTS result, FBI report, local police reports, Proof of Funds, and all other possibly conceivable documents along with the app.

Please enlighten me about the next steps...I am curious to know more about tentative timelines based on experience.

1) Does it help to send the 2nd installment of Fee alongwith the medicals? Does it speed up the process of Passport stamping?
2) I have a chronic allergic cough (non-smoker) that lasts all of spring pollen season. What view is taken of such health issues during the Medicals? Shall I wait longer and ask for extension till it gets better?
3) Is it a risk to send the Fee if Medical does not turn out well?
4) How long after I send the Medicals if all goes well?

Thanks! :)

ramyamj said:
Hi GCbuzz,

I have received the IA today asking for FBI clearance and Police clearance from India. What is the quickest way to get the PCC from SF consulate ? In the website they are asking to send the original passport. Did you send that ? or how did you get the PCC ? How long did it take ?Also how did you apply for FBI and how long it took ?

AD 03/05/05
RD 03/08/05
IA 03/03/06
RD 03/08/06
Interview Waiver
Medical forms received

Thanks,
Ramya.
1. PC from India - If your passport is issued from US then you will get it quickly otherwise it takes a month time as consulate need clearance response from the passport issuing office.
2. FBI - Same as specified dates. I read some where if you enclose a prepaid FedEx, you will get it very quickly. Not bad idea and you can try it.

OhNoo said:
1. PC from India - If your passport is issued from US then you will get it quickly otherwise it takes a month time as consulate need clearance response from the passport issuing office.
2. FBI - Same as specified dates. I read some where if you enclose a prepaid FedEx, you will get it very quickly. Not bad idea and you can try it.
Thanks OhNoo, Do I need to send the original passport to consulate for PCC ? My passport was issued from India.

Thanks,
Ramya.

I sent my PCC from India 2 months after sending my application for PR.I sent my application in MARCH 2005.Do u think they will still consider it?Or will they ask for a new PCC from India?

Did u guys send PCC from India before or is this the first time u r going to send?

Thanks.

ramyamj said:
Thanks OhNoo, Do I need to send the original passport to consulate for PCC ? My passport was issued from India.

Thanks,
Ramya.
Guys,

I know you might be bored with providing same information again and again. But since I am new to this forum, really need some help.

Do I need to send my original passport at the time of applying for PCC at SF Indian consulate ?

Thanks,
Ramya.

When I applied for PCC from India in SFO.....I think I filled up a form and gave in the counter.They gave me a slip with a number and date when I had to go the counter and get my passport stamped with PCC.It took about 30 days I think.

But u can also send it thru mail.In this case u have to send the form first and then after 30 days u have to send the passport....Not sure with the application sent thru mail....I mean I dont know how they'll intimate u when they are ready with ur PCC after which u have to send ur passport.But I'm sure that u dont have to send ur passport initially.

check http://www.cgisf.org/.

Good Luck.

ielts test in chicago

has anyone given the ielts test on march 11 in chicago? how did u find the test? did'nt u find it a tad difficult???

Hannah

Did you receive letter if Interview?
I am planning to go to Ottawa. :)
Where are you in Los Angeles?
I am in Northridge in San Fernando Valley
Thanks

Kindly HELP... Incorrect info in the Application form

I just noticed that I have put the wrong date for father's date-of-birth by mistake in the application form. I had sent the forms in dec 05 and recieved the AOR in jan 06.

What is the process to correct this ?
Will it effect/delay my case ?

Pleaseeeeeee advice...

Thanks!!

hi all
I had applied for permanent residence in My 2005
AOR: May 2005

got a letter from Canadian Immigation saying that my file has been transferred to Canadian Consulate in LA (thats where I live). I haven't got my IA yet. the letter says that the whole case is shifted to LA office to expediate the processing of your application. When assessment is done they will contact you. And also no more correspondence with buffalo office.
Anyone having similar experience?

dhm2002

dhm2002 said:
hi all
I had applied for permanent residence in My 2005
AOR: May 2005

got a letter from Canadian Immigation saying that my file has been transferred to Canadian Consulate in LA (thats where I live). I haven't got my IA yet. the letter says that the whole case is shifted to LA office to expediate the processing of your application. When assessment is done they will contact you. And also no more correspondence with buffalo office.
Anyone having similar experience?

dhm2002

Received a similar letter yesterday. My dates are similar to yours.

I think thats how they are processing permanent resident applications
nowadays. As next step we should expect IA from LA consulate in few weeks..

inqsit

hi dhm2002 and inqsit,

just curious, when in May 2005 did you receive your AOR? when did you receive the transfer letter?

hope to hear from you...thanks!
zad

thanks dhm2002!

you should receive your IA soon...well, based on what i've read in other forums...after the file is transferred, the IA follows soon after. did you include all documents (fbi/police clearance) together with your initial application?

my AOR is jul2005, just glad to know that they have started looking at May2005 AORs...looking at yogi799's site, i thought that they are still processing Mar 2005 AORs.

:) zad

Landing Question

I am landing and returing next day in Vancouver- I do not have an address to mail the PR card to in Canada. What will the border people say and how should I handle the situation.

thanks,

hi zad
yes I included all docs. but have not given IELTs tests. will see what happens about that. why do say that they are looking at May 2005? is it because we got the letters?
In any case hope you are right and i get IA soon.

dhm2002