Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Situation:

- My multiple entry visa stamp in my passport and I-94 stapled in the passport during entry to US has expired two weeks ago and my wifes multiple entry visa stamp and I-94 stapled in the passport will expire next month.

- We both have been in US on a Valid H-1B visas, she has a H-1B --- she is not a dependent.

- We both received our 7th year H-1B extensions(I-797 paper) last month which is valid until next year (2007) based pending GC applications.

- Last week I have been approved for a Canadian PR and we have to send our passports to Canadian Consulate for PR stamping.

Questions:
Q1) To validate the Canada PR, I am planning to go to Canada for a week, Are there any known issues if we stay in Canada only for 5 days ?

Q2) Does canadain PR need a valid US multiple entry visa stamp in their passport to renter US? assuming they have valid 7th year H-1B Visa(I-797 valid until 2007) and expired I-94(stapled in the passport during entry to US) and Expired Multiple Entry visa stamp in the passport?

Q3) During those 5 days I am planning and get multiple stamping done again. Would there be a issue if we have Canada PR stamping in our passports while we go for Multiple Stamping to US Consulate in Ottawa? Remember: multiple entry stamp in the passport and I-94 stapled in the passport during entry to US have expired but I still hold a Valid I-797(7th year H-1B Visa Paper valid until 2007), Based on that valid I-797(7th year H-1B Visa paper) we are planning to go to US consulate in Ottawa for another Multilple entry Stamping.

Q4) Are there any known issues having a Canada PR and coming back to us on a H-1B (7th year)?

Q5) Canadain Consulate said they need our passports for PR Stamping? Are they issuing the PR card or are they issuing a visa with which we need to enter Canada to get our PR Card there?

GCbuzz said:
I am not a regular here but had got some excellent advise from Kenny04 in Oct'05 when I initiated the process. Thanks Kenny04! Now I have some questions and I hope to get advise again from the Gurus...

AD 02/08/06
RD 02/09/06
IA 02/14/06
RD 02/17/06
Interview Waiver
Medical forms received

I had attached the Police report from Indian consulate in SF, IELTS result, FBI report, local police reports, Proof of Funds, and all other possibly conceivable documents along with the app.

Please enlighten me about the next steps...I am curious to know more about tentative timelines based on experience.

1) Does it help to send the 2nd installment of Fee alongwith the medicals? Does it speed up the process of Passport stamping?
2) I have a chronic allergic cough (non-smoker) that lasts all of spring pollen season. What view is taken of such health issues during the Medicals? Shall I wait longer and ask for extension till it gets better?
3) Is it a risk to send the Fee if Medical does not turn out well?
4) How long after I send the Medicals if all goes well?

Thanks! :)
Did you really get the process done in 10 days?
you applied in Feb of 2006 and you got your medical papers in Feb of 2006

Hi Team

We have recently got our PR approved. As our medical is expiring in April 2006, I am planning to personaly visit Buffalo for Visa Stamping. Also we will be doing the Landing on the same day through Peace Bridge.

We are planning to rent a car for go to Buffalo and then to Canada. We will be staying overnight in Canada so that we are apply for the SIN.

Does any one sees any issues with is approach?

The US Visa for me & my wife have expired but we have valid I94.Based on the earlier post I believe we should not have any problem in coming back to US.

Does any one know nearest office from buffalo border where SIN can be applied?
Is there any specific dress code that we should keep in mind?
Is there a problem in taking Rental Car?
I am planning to take Bank Statement as a Proof of Funds. Is that ok?

Thanks for keeping this forum a very informative one.

My time lines

AD 07/15/2004
RD 08/17/2004
IA 03/24/2005
Medical 04/15/2005
IELTS/Other Documents 6/6/2005
PRQ 03/16/2006

Hi Archraj!

If your US visa is no longer valid, are you presently legally staying in the US? If not, you might encounter problems getting back to the US. I know of someone, who had overstayed in the US, got their CDN PR, landed, travelled out of CND. On their way back to CND, their layover was in the US. US officers found out that they had illegally stayed in the US for quite some time and was banned from re-entering the US for 10 years.

I don't know what your situation is, but just thought i'd share with you what happened to someone i know.

good luck!
zad

File Transferred to NY

Hi All
I am new to this Forum Here is my info

AOR: May 2005
File Transfer to New York: March 15,2006
No update after that. My questions are

1. Since they did not ask for ILET does it mean I got waiver [I wrote wavier letter while applied]

2. How long it is taking to get IA if file transferred to NY?

Very tensed

Last edited by a moderator:
1. NO. Ur file is with NY office. They will issue your IA soon. It will be written in the IA whether you got waiver or not.
2. 3 weeks minimum.

Another question
In my application I am princial Applicant and my wife is co applicant. She is in India and she can't come to USA. How does consulate hanlde this kind of cases
1. Will she get the medical and visa stamped in India
or
Mediacal in India and She had to send her passport in US to get stamped

I received the PR request.

Does anyone know how long the consulate will take to return the stamped passport after submitting the passport?

Thanks
ind

application form question- help

Hi all,
I am about to submit my application for PR to Buffalo and i had 2 quick questions. If anybody can answer them, it would be a huge help.-

1. The application requires us to supply 4 photos. There is space reserved on the form itself for 1 photo. Am i supposed to paste one photo on the form or not?

2. What exchange rate do i use to send the application fee? Do i have to add extra money to account for fluctions in exchange rates?

Thanks in advance.

goingtocanada said:
Hi all,
I am about to submit my application for PR to Buffalo and i had 2 quick questions. If anybody can answer them, it would be a huge help.-

1. The application requires us to supply 4 photos. There is space reserved on the form itself for 1 photo. Am i supposed to paste one photo on the form or not?

2. What exchange rate do i use to send the application fee? Do i have to add extra money to account for fluctions in exchange rates?

Thanks in advance.

hi
paste one photo. For the others you have to put it in envelope with your name and your date of birth on it. different envelopes for principle applicant and dependents(i sent 3 for me, wife and kid). This info is given in their Guide that is available on the website.

also check canadian immigration's buffalo website. Application fees are given in American $$

hope this helps
dhm2002

Hello All

I got reply from Buffalo Consulate asking me to submit Bank account funds, FBI & Police check from India as well as from USA for me and my wife. I have a doubt here. I did police check from Indian consultate (NY) for Canadian immigration last year (June 2005) hoping that they might ask me. This one I did because I am moving away from New york and my friend who applied after me got letter to do this. Unfortunately they requested me these documents after 7-8 months later than to my friend. Do I need to do again or I can submit old one? Please advice me and do not want to face any problems in future.

QAForum said:
Hi All
I am new to this Forum Here is my info

AOR: May 2005
File Transfer to New York: March 15,2006
No update after that. My questions are

1. Since they did not ask for ILET does it mean I got waiver [I wrote wavier letter while applied]

2. How long it is taking to get IA if file transferred to NY?

Very tensed
------------------------------
Guys
Good new I want to share with everyone
I got my IA yesterday asking for [ IA Date 4/3/2006]
1. Medicals
2. Bank Statement
3. Landing Fee

They waived everything else police clearence, Passprot Clearence, Interview.

My timeline

Hi,

I am new to the forums and just wanted to share our timeline with u all.

Applied: Apr 05
AOR: May 05
IELTS request: June 05
Sent IELTS: July 05
Trsfr to NYC: Mar 06
IA recd. (2 wks later): Mar 06

Interview waived. Documents asked for - FBI clearance (which is ready), Bank stmts, Medicals (to be done), Landing fees.

I have a couple of questions:

1) My husband has lived in UK, Malaysia, India and US (for more than 6 mths) since he turned 18. But since only the FBI clearance has been asked, does it mean we don't have to submit the police certs for the other countries??? We've already applied for India, Malaysia and UK. Indian one is almost ready but the other two countries are gonna take atleast a year or more to receive. Since they have asked only for FBI clearance, don't we have to submit the other police certificates???

2) Whats the process after this??? And how many more mths will it take for us to receive the Canadian PR. We are in the 8th yr. in the US and our labor is pending in PBEC (applied in NJ SWA since 2003) , so our situation is quite sad :(

FBI Fingerprint Status and Validity of Medicals

Hi,

A couple of quick questions for the learned members of the forum.

1. I submitted my FBI Fingerprint cards which were received in West Virginia on Feb 3rd, 2006. Its been 9 weeks now, but no response as yet. Makes me a bit worried. Anyone who applied around the same time or later and have gotten a response back. Can you please share your timelines.

2. I completed my medicals for myself and my wife in the first week of February, 06. What is the validity of the medicals, and what stage do you have to complete before the expiry of the medicals?

Thanks for the great knowledge sharing and providing guidance and support to people like me who need help.

Please see below for the reply. I got this from some other thread. Hopefully it might help ypu.

hi richshi!

i hope my response is not too late. you can call FBI at (304) 625-3878 or their main switchboard at (304) 625-2000. when you talk to them, be very courteous...inquire about your clearance. if it has not been processed, let them know if it's possible to have it sooner because you need it for CIC and there is a deadline. just give them a date that is a week from the date that you called. they will tell you that they will try to get it out soon...they do! i did that with mine and got it in less than a week after i called.

hope this helps.
zad

Hi

I have question. In my IA consulate has asked for
1. Medical
2. Landing Fee
3. Proof of funds

Can I send Landing Fee and proof of funds now and medical Later? Secondly Can I get my Medical Done in India? [I had applied at Buffalo]

Thanks